Chrisy15's Civilisations - The Fertile Crescent to the Cold War, and beyond!

... I was going to say no to Gangnam Style, but those are amazing! They're definitely in the next update.

Also, you may add me to the list of people looking for a modern Korea. I have intense interest for any post ww2 civs, but Our World moves at a lathargic pace (no offence guys, you still do amazing work).

Also, you may add me to the list of people looking for a modern Korea. I have intense interest for any post ww2 civs, but Our World moves at a lathargic pace (no offence guys, you still do amazing work).

I've got a few Cold War civs planned, but I don't really know what to do for a modern (21st Century) South Korea. I guess I could use the old Sejong-Class as one of the UUs, but there's a reason I removed them from Park...

Idol Singer as a Great Musician replacement?

Don't tell me it wouldn't be fitting...

Idol Singer as a Great Musician replacement?

Don't tell me it wouldn't be fitting...

UU: K-Pop Star
Replaces Great Musician
Produces K-Pop as Great Works of Music
These K-Pop works yield an extra culture, and yield +3 Gold and +2 Tourism after discovering Internet

...On second thoughts, I'm not sure if I want my search history to become consumed by K-Pop stars...

On a more serious note, if I was to make a 21st Century South Korea civ, what would their focus be? Diplomatic? Tourism? Science?

UU: K-Pop Star
Replaces Great Musician
Produces K-Pop as Great Works of Music
These K-Pop works yield an extra culture, and yield +3 Gold and +2 Tourism after discovering Internet

...On second thoughts, I'm not sure if I want my search history to become consumed by K-Pop stars...

On a more serious note, if I was to make a 21st Century South Korea civ, what would their focus be? Diplomatic? Tourism? Science?

I would design UA that strongly focus on late-game tourism or Great artist generation. As Korean drama also popular in some place K-Pop do (much to the ire of me who happen to live in that place)

Maybe make every great works made after Modern Era to yield double tourism from any civ with active trade route or something. Other unique may focus on other aspects.

I don't really sure you happy to search all of "Great works" of those K-Pop stars. It also expose the mod to K-Pop fan arguing why their favorite band is not qualify as Great Artist or why their favorite music is not featured.

I would design UA that strongly focus on late-game tourism or Great artist generation. As Korean drama also popular in some place K-Pop do (much to the ire of me who happen to live in that place)

Maybe make every great works made after Modern Era to yield double tourism from any civ with active trade route or something. Other unique may focus on other aspects.

I don't really sure you happy to search all of "Great works" of those K-Pop stars. It also expose the mod to K-Pop fan arguing why their favorite band is not qualify as Great Artist or why their favorite music is not featured.

I think it should also make great works yield +3 tourism and only +1 culture at some point in the game. If you want I can supply you with some kpop stars names and some song names.

I think it should also make great works yield +3 tourism and only +1 culture at some point in the game. If you want I can supply you with some kpop stars names and some song names.

I'm going to have to make this at some point, aren't I...
*sigh*
Okay, so one UU would be the K-Pop Star, who would produce more tourism but less culture. Would the Concert Tour be changed at all?
Any ideas for second component/UA?
Would we need a new flag, or would this suffice

Also, new civ coming out sometime this evening - hype?

It's literally on schedule...

Subscribe

Credits:
Chrisy15 (me): Code, Design, Concept, Research
JFD: Pointing out that the Satrap's Court would be better as a Magistrate's Court than a Manor​

MOD SUPPORT:

MOD SUPPORT:
Mod | Creator | Is it supported?
  • Map Labels | Hazel16 | Yes
  • YnAEMP (v.23) | Gedemon/JFD | Yes
  • UCI | Ryoga | Yes
  • Civ IV Traits | Bingles | Yes
  • Mercenaries | JFD and Pouakai | Yes
  • Piety | JFD | Yes
  • Cultural Diversity | JFD | Yes
  • ExCE | JFD | Yes
  • Sovereignty | JFD | Yes
  • R.E.D/Ethnic Units | Gedemon/Nutty |Yes
  • E&D | Sukritact | Yes
  • CID | JFD | Yes

• Mod Manager | JDH | No, but should work fine with the MPMP workaround.
  • EUI | bc1 | Yes

Things that you can help with:​
  • As usual, art: although I've managed to find decent looking images for Cyrus, it would still be nice to have some more civ-style ones. Also, Cyrus still uses the vanilla map because all the maps I found of his empire were horizontal. One thing however is that it isn't worth doing a new icon; as much as Cyrus' flag looks amazing, cache issues would just cause too many problems to make it worth the effort.

Notes:
  • Replaces Darius' Persia
  • If the Civ's name changes to Persia after loading a save, then blame Firaxis - to fix, clear your cache (Documents --> My Games --> Civ 5, delete the folder called Cache and then start your game).
  • Satrap's Court without Loyalty: Replaces the Magistrate's Court. +2 Culture. Increases the city's Local Happiness, and increases Production while building Buildings or training Units.

Shame I didn't finish this before JFD disabled Loyalty...

Awesome :D Now I don't feel obligated to do the Satrap's Court change :p Congrats on the release!

Thought I'd save you the effort :)

BTW, please don't go around renaming CID settings again - the entire CID support collapsed when you renamed the Loyalty settings, and it took me half a day to work out that was the problem!

Also, I completely endorse removing Crime from Magistrates Courts, due to the fact that I don't think Satrap's Courts yield Crime for one reason or another - have you decided if you will or not?

Any plans to make a revised Darius in a later update? I much prefer alt leaders that allow the original leader to continue existing (even if mechanically completely different).

Knew this was going to come up...

Yes, I would like to, if only to remove Cyrus' cache issues. However, I haven't given it much thought, since I wanted to get Cyrus released in a reasonable timeframe. Darius would get Immortals, and I can't imagine a UA being too hard to come up with... so yeah; I will :)

Nice release and look like a solid design. Anyway. I think you should use other font in the infographics...

I'm going to have to make this at some point, aren't I...
*sigh*
Okay, so one UU would be the K-Pop Star, who would produce more tourism but less culture. Would the Concert Tour be changed at all?
Any ideas for second component/UA?
Would we need a new flag, or would this suffice

Also, new civ coming out sometime this evening - hype?

No, I didn't want you to do anything with K-pop. I want you to make late-gane cultural/tourism bonus. Pretty much like how Brazil get a heap of tourism with UA and we didn't see any actual carnival while in golden age and playing as them. (It would be hilarious if we do)

Nice release and look like a solid design. Anyway. I think you should use other font in the infographics...

No, I didn't want you to do anything with K-pop. I want you to make late-gane cultural/tourism bonus. Pretty much like how Brazil get a heap of tourism with UA and we didn't see any actual carnival while in golden age and playing as them. (It would be hilarious if we do)

Font is difficult, because GIMP doesn't actually have font selection - you need to choose the font by name. This limits my current font options to Comic Sans, Times New Roman, Ariel and Windings. It also doesn't help that I've got very poor taste in font. I haven't settled on a design for my infographics - Japan was a one-off, while Cyrus' and Park's are both too similar to JFD's.

I'll have to read about SKorea again, to get a few more ideas - but don't get too hyped, they're a while off still.

Top Bottom