problem with buildings-large.pcx and buildings-small.pcx

LAW_FREAK

Prince
I'm having a problem adding buildings to Civ 3 Conquests.
I followed the directions of Ukas's tutorial but when I add the icons to buildings-large.pcx and buildings-small.pcx it doesn't show up in the editor.

i wish i would..

i tried to add a bulding too and i couldnt even find space for it.
(didnt know how to make those extra grids either.)

Did you remember to add them in Pediaicons.Txt?

Also, you're using the wrong icons. you're using the Civilopedia Icons.

Double check to make sure you have the correct row number in the Pediaicons.txt file for that particular building. The best way to figure that out is to get the number of the building immediately proceeding it and add 1 to it. If that doesn't work, try incrementing the number by one, and try it to see if it works. If it doesn't repeat the proceeding step until it does.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will, since that particular process worked with my mods when I had trouble.

EDIT: I just took another look at the screenshot of your civilopedia icons, and noticed what was wrong. The icon for the park is in the row immediatley below that of the knights templar. In the civilopedia.txt file, the knights templar is listed as icon row# 81, and you have the part listed as icon row# 83, when it should be 82, since it is 1 row below the knights templar.

I can pretty much guarantee that that will fix your problem.

Hikaro Takayama said:
Double check to make sure you have the correct row number in the Pediaicons.txt file for that particular building. The best way to figure that out is to get the number of the building immediately proceeding it and add 1 to it. If that doesn't work, try incrementing the number by one, and try it to see if it works. If it doesn't repeat the proceeding step until it does.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will, since that particular process worked with my mods when I had trouble.

EDIT: I just took another look at the screenshot of your civilopedia icons, and noticed what was wrong. The icon for the park is in the row immediatley below that of the knights templar. In the civilopedia.txt file, the knights templar is listed as icon row# 81, and you have the part listed as icon row# 83, when it should be 82, since it is 1 row below the knights templar.

I can pretty much guarantee that that will fix your problem.

After many trys I finally got it to work. The files start counting from zero

Top Bottom