What is your favorite Civ?

Airborne101st

Chieftain
Mine is as Russia (Catherine has nothing to do with my choice ;)) because that plain and starting advantage is just as good as the exspanionist trait in Civ 3. Later I can rifleman army spam in the late game to destroy my puny neighbors!

Mine is as Russia (Catherine has nothing to do with my choice ;)) because that plain and starting advantage is just as good as the exspanionist trait in Civ 3. Later I can rifleman army spam in the late game to destroy my puny neighbors!

Either England or the Zulu. Russia is probably the weakest Civ in the game though, along with the Mongols.

Either England or the Zulu. Russia is probably the weakest Civ in the game though, along with the Mongols.

Probrably, in fact I wold say french are the worst and Russian can still do their good job. I won some FFA games against good players using Russia, but I couldn't with french, because they haven't got any good bonuses to stay alive, and don't tell me the culture can do that much.

Probrably, in fact I wold say french are the worst

Depends what you're looking to do, but I found the French to be one of the easiest for OCC on Deity. Starting with pottery, first to Masonry and 100 production saved with city walls. :)

Playing normal games, I def prefer rushing with the Zulu or sometimes the English.

For OCC the French, Greeks and Romans (in that order).

Depends what you're looking to do, but I found the French to be one of the easiest for OCC on Deity. Starting with pottery, first to Masonry and 100 production saved with city walls. :)

Playing normal games, I def prefer rushing with the Zulu or sometimes the English.

For OCC the French, Greeks and Romans (in that order).

Romans?? :eek:

You cut off most of their bonus playing OCC:

COL (no republic)
1/2 price roads
+1 population for new cities

More great people won't work with low culture, it's only a little help.

I would say: Egypt - French - Greeks

Then, most of the rushers can win with one city only (like the achievement asks), by conquering capitals.

100 production saved on walls? Well, I almost never build walls unless I'm in the LATE modern era and I'm probrably winning the game. +50% defence is not really good, the maximum is 24 in other cities and 12 in the capital (or 24 without counting the palace bonus).

Yeah, but I find 1/2 price wonders more than makes up for it...

...haven't tried Egyptians, though I'm guessing how easy it is depends on their starting wonder...

Edit: Btw, just coz they're my faves, doesn't necessarily mean they're your faves too ;)

I only have the standard version of CIV IV, so I would have to say Bismark/Germany, Gandhi/India, Peter/Russia, Louis/France, Cyrus/Persia, Julius Caesar/Rome. Approximately in that order, with Bismark FAR ahead. Russia and France are about the same. I usually focus on wonders more than anything, so industrious civs win, and when I want to play higher lvls, AI interaction is vital, so I try to found as many religions as possible and spread 1 particular one to get some friends, so Gandhi is great in that respect. Peter is Phi/Exp, so I don't really have to worry about expanding my civ to get a lot of health resources, and I can finish production with engineers more often than not. Cyrus just starts out in a good location, and also, he is very rarely crimped by neighboring civs being too close because of the creative aspect. I play Louis for the same reason, and he's also industrious. JC is for my war games, because Praetorians rock, and you can put out more army on the higher lvl games (and I play Deity, so my treasury is a constant concern).

That's just my 5 (or 50) cents. Hope it helps.

I only have the standard version of CIV IV, so I would have to say Bismark/Germany, Gandhi/India, Peter/Russia, Louis/France, Cyrus/Persia, Julius Caesar/Rome. Approximately in that order, with Bismark FAR ahead. Russia and France are about the same. I usually focus on wonders more than anything, so industrious civs win, and when I want to play higher lvls, AI interaction is vital, so I try to found as many religions as possible and spread 1 particular one to get some friends, so Gandhi is great in that respect. Peter is Phi/Exp, so I don't really have to worry about expanding my civ to get a lot of health resources, and I can finish production with engineers more often than not. Cyrus just starts out in a good location, and also, he is very rarely crimped by neighboring civs being too close because of the creative aspect. I play Louis for the same reason, and he's also industrious. JC is for my war games, because Praetorians rock, and you can put out more army on the higher lvl games (and I play Deity, so my treasury is a constant concern).

That's just my 5 (or 50) cents. Hope it helps.

This is civ revolution forum..Hope it helps

I'd actually agree with the OP, the Russians are fun. Sure, they aren't the most powerful MP civ (many will say they're the least) but the really fun games (to me) are the ones where you get a couple huge cities in the early-mid game. Population == power in civ, and when you can start next to 4 river plains, rush a granary, and hit irrigation first (20 food in 4 tiles!), you know its going to be a fun game.

English for the archers, fairly good starting culture and naval support.

Arabs for the Religion tech, free mathematics and great knights.

Russia for the loyalty and half cost rifles.

Romans for republic and half cost wonders.

Germans for the elite upgraders, veteran wariors and the +1 production from forests, which can really be powerfull!

Americans for the free GP, +2% gold, half cost rush and triple factory production.

Japan for the food from sea, knights +1 attack and loyalty for new defensive units.

Well, I like every civ, even mongols and French ;D

My favorites are

France, powerful culture, but i dont rely on it much
Japan, good to expand into the sea
Americans, there 1/2 bonus can bring the spam of settlers, and can expand 3 times better than the average civ

I've found that the Arabs are pretty good if you expand rearly on. The Japanese are the best for me though, because i rely on a good navy, and they provide that. The English and Spanish are good for Navy too. I don't play culture. I play conquest.

Germany: The more militaristic and industrialist of the bunch. The 2% interest late game aint a bad deal
Russia: Despite being an late bonus in the modern ages, having spies at half price (and I do like the spies, both in Civ and TF2)
Japan: Gotta love that no anarchy effecting one's cities

1.romans The republic,more great people,1/2 price wonders even 1/2 price roads!
2.India free religion 1/2 priced settlers and you begins w/ actess to all resources
3.egypt begin with wonder
4.russia more map visible half priced spies/riflemen......Catherine is kinda hot :lol:

only recently got CivRev (on the iphone), i found the mongols to be a good choice if only for the barbs & villagers joining you

i had 6 cities when the AI had 1 or 2, easy win:goodjob:...

I don't have 1 favorite Civ, but i can list what my favorites are for each victory.

Domination: Arabs are awesome. You get to start with fundamentalism, and the 2% interest on gold reserves + extra caravan gold lets you rush out units like nobodies business.

Cultural: France for obvious reasons. Early cathedral gives you a big advantage early on which can eventually lead to a lot of flipped cities and great people.

Technology: China because their population bonus combined with 1/2 price libraries makes them get a huge lead in tech early on.

Economic: Honestly any Civ can pull of a Economic win IMO, but if i had to choose one, it would be the Arabs.

I don't have 1 favorite Civ, but i can list what my favorites are for each victory.

Domination: Arabs are awesome. You get to start with fundamentalism, and the 2% interest on gold reserves + extra caravan gold lets you rush out units like nobodies business.

Cultural: France for obvious reasons. Early cathedral gives you a big advantage early on which can eventually lead to a lot of flipped cities and great people.

Technology: China because their population bonus combined with 1/2 price libraries makes them get a huge lead in tech early on.

Economic: Honestly any Civ can pull of a Economic win IMO, but if i had to choose one, it would be the Arabs.

Domination: Arabs don't get the caravan bonus. The 2% interest is only 2% interest. If you have got a lot of gold, you don't need 2%, and if you got few gold, it won't be useful.

Cultural: Flipped cities? Only if bad players or AI build cities next to you, that won't usually happen

Technology: I can agree with his

Economic: Arabs don't get an economic bonus, then, why them? I would say Spanish and Zulu are the best

IIRC, the ancient bonus for the Arabs is 50% caravan gold. I've found that to be useful to getting to economic checkpoints, and the 2% interest can help in the beginning. Thats why i like them for a eco win.

At least in the DS version, the Arabs do not get 50% more caravan gold, even though that is what is stated.

IIRC, the ancient bonus for the Arabs is 50% caravan gold. I've found that to be useful to getting to economic checkpoints, and the 2% interest can help in the beginning. Thats why i like them for a eco win.

You get the caravan bonus in ancient era and that doesn't work. You get the 2% in the modern era and that's too late, then no bonuses for economic victory. If you got 1000 gold you would get only 20 gold per turn..

Top Bottom