SGOTM 22 Pregame Discussion Thread - Caput Mundi

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Please use this thread to discuss or raise questions about the game rules before it starts.

Please don't speculate about your team strategies here. Wait until you have a private team thread - and you know which teams you are allocated to.

Caveat, everything is subject to change. So check game maintenance thread when game starts for official rules.

Your palace is a building, Wonders are buildings and all normal buildings count but barracks, walls, stables and the like do not.
You should list "and the like" buildings explicitly so that teams don't have to guess.
Levee? Public Transportation? Airport? Bunker? Three Gorges Dam?
Projects?

Rome has at least twice the number of military units defending it as your city count (including the new one).
Does this condition only need to be met when we build/keep another city?
At other times, may my units defending Rome leave the city?

You should list "and the like" buildings explicitly so that teams don't have to guess.
Levee? Public Transportation? Airport? Bunker? Three Gorges Dam?
Projects?
Agreed - I'm wondering what the Military Wonders (e.g. Pentagon) count as, would be better to be explicit.

Can the special rules be checked for automatically? Otherwise I assume it's kind of hell to make sure the teams follow them, except by a "gentleman's agreement".

Can the special rules be checked for automatically? Otherwise I assume it's kind of hell to make sure the teams follow them, except by a "gentleman's agreement".
Of course I should let Pollux answer, but I assume they will be done like last SG: post saves and screen shots of your city the turn you capture/build a city.
Spoiler :
I can't think of any way to auto check. And developing such tool would take more time than checking the saves/screenshots.

That's it. I actually don't care how we do it, whatever you like. Either screens or saves works best.

And: All wonders are buildings. I will list the buildings that are "military", sure. Thought it was obvious.

All wonders are buildings. I will list the buildings that are "military", sure. Thought it was obvious.
all normal buildings count but barracks, walls, stables and the like do not.
Almost.
My confusion was whether restriction was against Military buildings (barracks etc) or Non-building Buildings (walls, stables, aqueducts, ...).
With clarification it's military buildings, things like Bunkers are still unclear. Anyway, we don't need the details until the game starts.

I think I allready answered these questions.
Oh, come on... how about giving a straight answer instead of asking us to go back and read your rather vague and confusing previous posts?

So a Military Academy is not a military building? That's most certainly not obvious. :crazyeye:

Many questions.

1) Why castle do not count into buildings? They are some kind of economic building too.
2) "Once you discover Bronze Working or Iron Working, warriors and scouts won't count towards this any more." Does it apply also if no copper/iron is connected (or even can we connect and trade copper away?) Do explorer count into military protection if preBW scout does?
3) What about free monument from SHenge in case we capture one? Is it a building as it exists in city only virtually and will dissapear one day?
4) Do we play those juicy industrious leader :D?
5) Are the pop and buildings limits about founding new cities also valid when we capture a city? If so do we have to raze it or can we keep it for liberation to a 3rd civ?

Please ban Oracling Monarchy here :D:D:D

According to the specified conditions, the game is probably impossible to win.

Edit: Furthemore, most teams will get disqualified.

Riddle me that one... :mwaha:

According to the specified conditions, the game is probably impossible to win.

Edit: Furthemore, most teams will get disqualified.

Riddle me that one... :mwaha:

:confused:
It's Monarch. We raze most AI cities. They can't win. We eventually get to Space or kill them all. :ar15:
Hard but hardly impossible.
But we are prohibited from discussing strategy here. Said too much already. ;)

Oh, what's wrong with losing? We haven't had a SG with possibility of losing since neil's Toku map. :(

Many questions.

1) Why castle do not count into buildings? They are some kind of economic building too.
2) "Once you discover Bronze Working or Iron Working, warriors and scouts won't count towards this any more." Does it apply also if no copper/iron is connected (or even can we connect and trade copper away?) Do explorer count into military protection if preBW scout does?
3) What about free monument from SHenge in case we capture one? Is it a building as it exists in city only virtually and will dissapear one day?
4) Do we play those juicy industrious leader :D?
5) Are the pop and buildings limits about founding new cities also valid when we capture a city? If so do we have to raze it or can we keep it for liberation to a 3rd civ?

Please ban Oracling Monarchy here :D:D:D

1) Because I say so :)
2) Yep. Connecting metal or not isn't the deciding factor. Knowing the tech is. Good point about explorers, didn't think about them. Actually I don't think it matters too much, so OK, they count :)
3) As long as the building is there, it's there and counts.
4) huh?
5) It applies however you get a city. If you get one you may not have, you MUST burn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom