What We Know About Brave New World

Whoa whoa whoa... The Civ that builds the WC ultimately controls it?!
When you build the WC you can propose resolutions, but it's not at all clear how many other civs can propose resolutions or what the rules are for that.
And next to that you also need a majority (or no civ saying 'no') to get your resolution through. So it's not a clear cut "build the WC, control the WC".

It sounds great ! Especially the tourism thing and the new trading system. And finally World Congress like the old U.N. ... but I do hope to see more. Like some nice, useful, new combat units (I really hope for a Modern Carrier and a "melee" future era ship). And still, they didn't say anything about corporations; I hope the new trade system will be enough. To be honest, corporations made Civ 4 seem a complete strategy game.

I hope they will make the game more "playable"... because, in the end, that's the most important thing about it. I don't want 2-3 minutes turning time nor crashes. I think Civ 5 is better than Civ 4 but I played Civ 4 much more than I played Civ 5... just because I could play Civ 4 without any problems, while Civ 5 always has a problem.

Well of Souls says two civs get to propose resolutions each voting round: the founder and the civ with the most delegates (or I guess second most if the one with the most is the founder). So it's rather worthwhile to be the founder, especially if you're not planning to have a lot of cities.

I think that if you founded the WC and also have the most delegates, it makes sense that you should be able to pick both measures, but that's speculation at this point.

It was mentioned that City-States also contribute delegates, so you can lead the WC even if you don't have the largest population.

Then what about landlocked civilizations they are pretty much SOL when it comes to the WC.

Technology Trading?

- Also the way that it ties into the New World Congress to the way that you’re going to have horse-trading in terms of the buying and selling of tech with other civilisations - Dennis Shirk
- while not 100% this does seam to imply some sort of way to trade technologies

I also read that interview, and I'd like to point out that "horse trading" is an idiom that doesn't actually refer to the trading or horses (at least anymore). "Horse trading," in the sense that Dennis Shirk meant it, means to trade votes in exchange for favors.

From the inteview: "I guess it kind of does the Cold War thing a little bit as well, where two countries are really opposed without necessarily being in open conflict.

Dennis Shirk: Right. Also the way that it ties into the New World Congress to the way that you’re going to have horse-trading in terms of the buying and selling of tech with other civilisations."

It seems to imply strongly that superpowers will be able to use their technology advantages to buy votes, or to support other civilizations' initiatives in return for technology assists. I'd say its such a strong implication that we can go ahead and say that there will be, for certain (100%), a way to trade technologies.

I also read that interview, and I'd like to point out that "horse trading" is an idiom that doesn't actually refer to the trading or horses (at least anymore). "Horse trading," in the sense that Dennis Shirk meant it, means to trade votes in exchange for favors.

From the inteview: "I guess it kind of does the Cold War thing a little bit as well, where two countries are really opposed without necessarily being in open conflict.

Dennis Shirk: Right. Also the way that it ties into the New World Congress to the way that you’re going to have horse-trading in terms of the buying and selling of tech with other civilisations."

It seems to imply strongly that superpowers will be able to use their technology advantages to buy votes, or to support other civilizations' initiatives in return for technology assists. I'd say its such a strong implication that we can go ahead and say that there will be, for certain (100%), a way to trade technologies.

I would agree with you, but its not completely clear so until we get a clear confirmation I'm going to leave the ?

Also Arioch I haven't seen this before -

It was mentioned that City-States also contribute delegates, so you can lead the WC even if you don't have the largest population.

Do you know which article that is from?

It's from the IGN article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/introducing-civilization-v-brave-new-world

"After it's established, every civilization gets a number of delegates that they can use to vote on policies (allied city-states also supply you with delegates). The two policies that are voted on each sessions are picked by the host nation that first created the World Congress, as well as the current leader who has the most delegates."

It's from the IGN article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/introducing-civilization-v-brave-new-world

"After it's established, every civilization gets a number of delegates that they can use to vote on policies (allied city-states also supply you with delegates). The two policies that are voted on each sessions are picked by the host nation that first created the World Congress, as well as the current leader who has the most delegates."

Thanks, must of missed that on my first read through

It is confirmed in interview (in Polish) in Gamezilla. It is said that Winged Hussar can force an enemy unit to withdraw if it gives more damages than obtains itself. If an enemy has not withdraw it would get extra damage. This is a unique unit that can brake enemy lines.
That's where we got the information from, but it's far from clear.

That's where we got the information from, but it's far from clear.
The polish text is quite clear for me. :)

I try to translate this paragraph:
Yes. Hussars is the only unite in the game that can force enemy to withdraw. If it inflicts them more damage than it receives an option to remove them from their tile*. If an enemy didn't withdraw than it would receive even more damage. Thus, Hussars are the only unit that can break through enemy lines.

*) In fact, the word in polish here means "region/area", but I think that tile make more sense. Reading this interview I had the feeling that the translation was done with the help of some automatic translation and polish is far from being correct.

Ideology trees consist of 12 to 15 policies (or doctrines) each. No fixed order to adapt.

Eurogamer.de

Google Translate said:
We have had ten policy-trees, in which the ideologies were in on it. Now we start with nine till you come into the modern era. Here you must decide for yourselves now an ideology that unlocks the tree her. These trees are much more diversified. Formerly there was usually five alignments, there are now twelve to fifteen. They will help you to define precisely the ideology that want to have her. You need not follow this policy principles in a fixed order. They are intended to allow you to use variable in order to achieve the specific victory conditions better, "says Beach.

The polish text is quite clear for me. :)

I try to translate this paragraph

Marek, thanks for clarification of this text! I also got it wrong translating into russian)

It seems to imply strongly that superpowers will be able to use their technology advantages to buy votes, or to support other civilizations' initiatives in return for technology assists. I'd say its such a strong implication that we can go ahead a
nd say that there will be, for certain (100%), a way to trade technologies.

I would say I'm less certain (O% chance) that their will be tech-trading. :)

What I took from such statements was that certain techs in the tree will enhance your WC options, giving you more delegates and what-not. So instead of climbing up the tech tree to pursue the UN whiles other go after rocket parts, you would be pursuing WC leverage.

I'm surprised the expansion doesn't cover the environment more.

As for natural wonders: they really should include Mount Everest now. The Natural Wonders as they remain are waaayy too American. The U.S. is a beautiful natural landscape, with some great spots, but that should not mean that the natural wonders elsewhere in the world remain without recognition (especially Everest, for Christ's sake).

Um... only three out of 14 natural wonders are American...

Top Bottom