[April Fools] Italy Confirmed

But seriously, if Italy were in te game, how would the game take care of overlapping city names (like Rome). It must have happened before, but surely not for a capital.

1. Lorenzo was the supposed leader, and somebody said he came from Florence, so Florence would most likely end up as capital (this has happened before, Brazil's capital is not Brasilia, it's Rio de Janeiro)

2. Roma could've been the capital.

But seriously, if Italy were in te game, how would the game take care of overlapping city names (like Rome). It must have happened before, but surely not for a capital.

Roma instead of Rome or simply Italy with a different capitol( most likely Florence or Milan).

Italy with Florence as capital and Rome as second city is easy. Plus, Rome and Roma is silly in my oppinion..

The cities are easy (someone posted it somewhere), Italy focus on art works and rome in war, the civilizations are culturally different (almost as differnet as Spain and Rome)...

I see 40% chance of adding them, so it's possible :) I hope they are in..

While the graphic was very well done (nice lighting!), the fact that it was posted by the artist and there was no explanation for how he got it (in addition to being April Fool's) meant that it was obviously a fake. If he had given it to someone else to post, and had at least a semi-plausible story about where it came from, then he might have had me going.

Yeah, posting it by a well-known talented artist makes it even easier because you know he's capable of doing it. While if I posted it, I could easily say that I'd have no idea how to do something like that.

Congratulations on you making us babble for thirteen pages now... though I think our hysteria for lack of BNW info has something to do with it... we're down to talking about how the tourism icon should be brown and the new texture look for trees!

P.S.

I just noticed, Lorenzo's cap makes him look like a very mean santa :lol: .

While the graphic was very well done (nice lighting!), the fact that it was posted by the artist and there was no explanation for how he got it (in addition to being April Fool's) meant that it was obviously a fake. If he had given it to someone else to post, and had at least a semi-plausible story about where it came from, then he might have had me going.
It was the date and lack of detailed info (also to a lesser extent the relative unlikelihood of Italy making it in) that told me it was an April Fool, not the quality of the icon.

If a 2K spokesperson came in here and posted that as the leader icon for Lorenzo the Magnificent, I would absolutely believe it to be genuine (as long as it wasn't April 1st!). It's really well-done.
I wouldn't say that the icon clearly wasn't the official one. The thing that didn't make it believable to this skeptic is the lack of support for the revelation. If you had the capabilities to make up a fake news website and put together a fake press report from Firaxis, I probably would have bought it. Heck, if you had just left a link to the 2K Facebook page, and then claim that they took it down, it might have been potentially more belieavable.

However, 4/1 makes me extremely skeptical. I don't believe anything I see on the internet that day. Still, though. Great artwork. An excellent imitation of the current icon style.

I actually had this, but I didn't upload it because I wasn't sure of the legality...

Spoiler :

I like how he got called out as early as page one and all he could say was that he forgot it was April Fools Day

Calling the thread "Italy Confirmed" kind of shined a spotlight on the inability to provide actual confirmation. Next guy who tries this should phrase it as 90% confirmed or something like that, so we think of it like we currently think of Portugal and Zulu, as all-but-confirmed shoe-ins.

Top Bottom