[April Fools] Italy Confirmed

Evil! :mad: I have spoken against Italy, but I must admit that the choice of Lorenzo de Medici as a leader almost made me for the idea

Evil! :mad: I have spoken against Italy, but I must admit that the choice of Lorenzo de Medici as a leader almost made me for the idea

I reckon it's true you are not a vane in any way !!!

Plus the icon doesn't look like the right style for the leader mini-portraits. It looks more like the style used for buildings.
They already have two styles for leader portraits (Pedro vs Casimir/Ashurbanipal)...

Why did I have to post it on April 1st, I honestly was excited about sharing it with you guys...

Well, in case anyone does believe:

Great! Italy makes sense for culture and tourism.

I think it says something about your artistic skills sukritact, when we can't tell whether a piece of art is official or whether it's one of your mods. Regardless, I've gradually warmed up to the idea of Italy as a civ, especially when considering the undeniable relevance that they have in regards to the new emphasis on Great Works.

Can this thread have it's name changed to: "Italy Confirmed [Maybe]"

I'm comparing the quality of the Lorenzo icon to Pedro's, Ashurbanipal's, and Casimir's.

I've come to the conclusion that the quality is identical.

Either this is real or a very convincing fabrication. :crazyeye:

April Fool's is tomorrow as well. :dunno:

I think this is a step backward....do we really need yet ANOTHER European civ, especially when it isn't Portugal, and one covering the same area as the Roman Empire, and in some ways, the same cultural continuity?

To defend the speculation, certain vanilla civs have also had rather crooked faces as their icons, so I wouldn't put it past.

It is April Fool's in Bangkok, Thailand (tomorrow in the Americas, Europe, and Africa).

I know that sukritact is among the best custom icon makers (and cartographer and graphics designer (and even music composer!)).

It would be hard to create an Italy civ if it means that a good number of city-states have to be removed, as well as removing some Roman cities.

omg now I don't really know what to think...

It's too suspiciously near to the first of april to not be...suspicious XD

I think I'll wait for an official source before getting too excited :p

Top Bottom