[April Fools] Italy Confirmed

Yes, funny joke.

Just saying that the very act of leaking info calls the leaker's trustworthyness into question.

Not that there's any kind of actual leak here.

I'd say that using two colors on the background would be a viable choice since it would represent the dicotomycal nature of the Mediccis and Italy, between light and dusk...

Yes, in making the leaderscenes (so 3d models, which they eventually animate and change the camera, so the reference isn't so obvious) they do... But the icons are always more similar to the model and I don't think there's any leader icon that fits so perfectly on a real reference:

So I'd say, false, but amazingly done... At any rate, should an Italian civ be made, Lorenzo is truly an interesting option, except from the sad fact he got no beard.... :D

Well, now I wish I had seen that April Fool's joke...

Brilliant analysis Leugi!

Leugi, you sir, are my hero.
And it explains the lack of detail in the face and clothing. And the nonsensical background lighting. Hmm, imagine that.

Leugi, you sir, are my hero.
And it explains the lack of detail in the face and clothing. And the nonsensical background lighting. Hmm, imagine that.

Ugh, the background lighting is NOT nonsensical. Sure, the icon is most likely false, but that's not supporting evidence. If he's in a courtyard, which in all likelihood he is, then the lighting behind him can easily contrast that much.

It's a pretty gorgeous icon and the leader does fit the great works theme. But the Republic of Florence doesn't have enough cities for a city list (city list: Florence).

If/when/if/when Italy is revealed, I hope it touches the post-renaissance eras too via an UU like bersaglieri. Something like:
UA: cultural / great works / city-state -related
UB: renaissance era building
UU: more modern unit

if it was anything but a joke then i think the mods would have done something about it like the theodora screen leaks pre-GnK

There were some leaked screenshots of Theodora's loading screen shortly before the G&K release. The mods went around removing them whenever somebody posted them, although this didn't really stop them from spreading.
I believe they stopped removing them when the G&K page was updated and all the leader screens became available.

They stopped when Theodora was revealed somewhere else, iirc. But they only started after it was clear it leaked early. The best way to prevent that would be by posting it on April Fool's Day :p

They stopped when Theodora was revealed somewhere else, iirc. But they only started after it was clear it leaked early. The best way to prevent that would be by posting it on April Fool's Day :p

Evil Genius!:satan:

Although Sukritact's silence since yesterday is very odd.:shifty:

I expect he will have spent the intervening few hours since posting this rolling around on the floor laughing.

Actually, I've been confusing el subjunctivo y el condicional, and have had a haircut.
Anyway, I may be able to disclose my source, but I'm going to have to check and make sure first.

It's a pretty gorgeous icon and the leader does fit the great works theme. But the Republic of Florence doesn't have enough cities for a city list (city list: Florence).

+ San Gimignano (maybe)

Anyways, right now I'm in a surreal descent into madness :aargh: . Sutritact, why do you do this to us?

Actually, I've been confusing el subjunctivo y el condicional, and have had a haircut.
Anyway, I may be able to disclose my source, but I'm going to have to check and make sure first.

Please check. There are already 9 pages of real/april fool discussion and we have to check eberytime for the sources and read those 100000000 posts about the artwork (good researches thete though)

Give us the source Sukriact, please!

The Theodora leak was pretty much spot on was it not? We pretty much got an identical leader screen, with a sultry Theodora and all her glory. It was a hit with all the fanatics here. Whoever posted that picture probably got lucky is all. But I won't be that surprised if Italy is in.

Belgium and Italy are dark horses for the Africa scenario, although I feel they will be more involved CS's that aren't playable in the scenario. Because you can't feature playable civs in that scenario if some of the civs have leader animations and some don't.

I'd love for Italy to be in, but I can't get past the fact that this was posted right after April Fools Day started.

I'm assuming Italy is out until we get official (or at least more substantial) confirmation.

Top Bottom