Riddle

You eyeball it... :p

Edit: Or you fill up the 7 minute one and pour it into the 4 minute one, leaving 3 minutes in the 7 minute one. Do this 3 times...

Actually thats not the way to do it, you could never time the 7 minute hourglass at exactly half way,
you turn both the 7 and 4 mintue over
then when the 4 minutes runs out you turn it over
next the 7 mintue will run out so you turn it over, after the 4 minteu runs out again you turn over the 7 minute becaus eit has 1 mintue of sand on its bottom then, when that one runs out 9 minutes are measured:crazyeye:

by the way if you guys want to know theres a book these are comin from,
pumping ions by tom wujec its a book on making yourself a smart and fast thinking person that cna comprehend thigns easily and so on

thers another you have 24 coins but only one of them is made of godl the rest are heavier you must use a balace scale to find out which one of the 24 is gold and if you find out you can keep it:)

I hate those kinds of riddles. I mean, come on, you could (in reality) weigh every one against another one, it would just take a while... :p ;)

"And then Golfo needed to wield the Great Paddle of Tramlik. To get this, he went to the Meft Mountains and had to defeat the Great Blob of Slime to get the Great Paddle of Tramlik..."

:lol:

possibly you could weigh each one but what woudl my uncle who owns the coins say????:lol:
( by the way,thers a litle bit of story line to these riddles liek the hourglass one had something about being captured by canibles and gettin gthe time for escape...)
why are 1988 dollar bills worth more than 1987 dollar bills??

basicly yoru right actually it was somethign about 1988 dollars worth mroe than 1987 dollars, exactly waht you siad in other words then...

My son and I were driving through the city and we noticed that the old single-light bulb lights were replaced with LED's. My son noticed, however, that the yellow lights were not LED's, while the others were. My son asked me why the yellows were not LED's. I said, "well, it must be easier to create green and red LED's than yellow." My son accepted that for a while. Then he spoke up:

"Know what? I have a better reason."

WHAT WAS THE REASON?

because minucipality is incredibly lazy:rolleyes:

They are lit up much less than green and red, so it would be more economical to leave the yellows as regular lights instead of replacing them with the more expensive LED lights.

Just one thought.

all of the above

Trogg said:
thers another you have 24 coins but only one of them is made of godl the rest are heavier you must use a balace scale to find out which one of the 24 is gold and if you find out you can keep it:)
Easy. balance them so you have 12 on each side. The lighter pile has the gold coin. You balance that side so you have 6 on each side. Again, the lighter pile has the gold coin. You balance 2 of the remaining coins. If one is lighter, that's the gold. If they weigh the same, the third is the gold.

There is no faster way to do it.

Irish Caesar said:
They are lit up much less than green and red, so it would be more economical to leave the yellows as regular lights instead of replacing them with the more expensive LED lights.

Just one thought.

Close. Very close. It's close enough for me to post the answer.

Yellow lights burn out much more slowly than red and green, because the yellows are only on about 2 seconds. The yellow ones are replaced as the bulb burns out, but it takes considerably longer to burn out the yellow bulb. ;)

Easy. balance them so you have 12 on each side. The lighter pile has the gold coin. You balance that side so you have 6 on each side. Again, the lighter pile has the gold coin. You balance 2 of the remaining coins. If one is lighter, that's the gold. If they weigh the same, the third is the gold.

that would'nt work unless you only had 12 coins to measure there are 24, when you weighed 12 and the coin wasn't in that pile you couldn't do it then and you coudl only get the coin by pure chance. edit: (by the way how do i make it say originally posted by*random person*?)

Top Bottom