Riddle

answer. you turn on two of the lights and you wait for 2 minutes turn one off go up stairs the one this is lit is the one you left on, the one that is hot hot is the one you turned on and then turned off, and the one that is cold is the one u didn't turn on.

Souron said:
you're in a room with no windows and no doors.
All you have is a mirror.
How do you get out?

Through the doorway--no doors!

Died of boredom, he was in Norway.

Unregister said:
A person is in a cabin, strapped into a chair, the room was airtight, and he is also on a mountain. He is dead. how did he die?
He was shot by someone else in the cabin.

He upset the three bears living there by eating their porridge.

He was strapped into the chair so tight his penis exploded.

I mean really, there are an infinite number of answers to this. Not a great riddle. :p (Oh, and no one has to sufficate in such a cabin if it contains enough plants to turn the person's exhaled carbon dioxide back into oxygen.)

I have one,

You are in a room with 2 men and two doors. One of those doors leads to freedom and the other leads to death, but you dont which one leads to which. One of the men always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you dont know which one does which. What ONE question can you ask the 2 men to give you enough information to lead you out the door to freedom?

I like the Count Casanunda answer to this problem.

Walk up to the smallest guard, distract him, grab his weapon, and say "Unless you want to see the color of your kidneys, tell me which is the door to freedom and, by the way, if you're trying for the Mr. Clever Award, you'll be walking through the door ahead of me."

My thanks to Terry Pratchett, in Lords and Ladies, for supplying this answer.

Clever answer, the men dont have any weapons, but you could still threaten them. It might work, but there is still a question you can ask without any violence.

Prince Lek said:
I have one,

You are in a room with 2 men and two doors. One of those doors leads to freedom and the other leads to death, but you dont which one leads to which. One of the men always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you dont know which one does which. What ONE question can you ask the 2 men to give you enough information to lead you out the door to freedom?

Ask both of them which door the other one will say is safe, then take the other door. You don't even need to ask both of them the question since they'll both give the same answer - the door that leads to death.

Good job, you got it.

jane and bob are in a room together. bob tries to kill jane. once he makes his move, they both are lying in a pool of water, dead. how?

also, there are three men at a lake. cops come they arrest the three men accusing them of murder. the men are a butcher, chef, and a tourist, all three have knives, the man is killed by a knife therefore all three are suspects. the cops put them in a cell. 24 hours later, the cops come back, they immideatly know who the murderer is, how?

Cuivienen said:
Ask both of them which door the other one will say is safe, then take the other door. You don't even need to ask both of them the question since they'll both give the same answer - the door that leads to death.

I don't get how this would work...

Why don't you just ask them if one of the two doors would lead to freedom, then you'd know which one lies and which one doesn't. :p

vikingruler said:
jane and bob are in a room together. bob tries to kill jane. once he makes his move, they both are lying in a pool of water, dead. how?
They're goldfish.

I have a guess for the 2nd one: The tourist because, out of the 3,he would be the only one that would look suspicius with a knife.

NewbieHere said:
I don't get how this would work...

Why don't you just ask them if one of the two doors would lead to freedom, then you'd know which one lies and which one doesn't. :p

Right, but then you dont know which door leads to freedom, only the person who lies or tells the truth.

nonconformist said:
They're goldfish.

very close, one is a goldfish and the other is a cat. cat tried to eat the fish, broke the glass, glass kills cat, fish dies from lack of water.

Prince Lek said:
I have a guess for the 2nd one: The tourist because, out of the 3,he would be the only one that would look suspicius with a knife.

wrong, keep guessing. i should rephrase the riddle, saying only one is a toursit throws you off. all 3 are just visiting the lake, which one is the killer?

vikingruler said:
wrong, keep guessing. i should rephrase the riddle, saying only one is a toursit throws you off. all 3 are just visiting the lake, which one is the killer?

the one that is the murderer will kill the other 2

Abgar said:
the one that is the murderer will kill the other 2

everyone is way off. ok, the 2 innocent men will be very nervous about being accused of murder and being in a cell for 24 hours. the murderer won't be nervous knowing that the cops will see two nervous guys, scared of being caught, he is off the hook. so the murderer sleeps and gets well rested and is sweatless. the cops see a man who is well-rested and not scared and two other guys who are nervous. process of elimination, rested guy is killer.

another, 3 robbers drive up to a warehouse and attack 2 guards. they overpower them and toss them in the trunk of their car. the next day, cops come and hear a voice from the inside of the trunk of a car. they open it and find one dead guard and one living guard, how is this possible when they both should have suffocated?

vikingruler said:
another, 3 robbers drive up to a warehouse and attack 2 guards. they overpower them and toss them in the trunk of their car. the next day, cops come and hear a voice from the inside of the trunk of a car. they open it and find one dead guard and one living guard, how is this possible when they both should have suffocated?

The live one waited until the other guy suffocated, and then let the air out of the spare tire.

Top Bottom