Convert custom maps from windows to linux

dozzerka

Chieftain
Hello to all, does anybody know how to convert maps from windows to linux? btw i know that all files should be low cased in Linux but i dont understand one thing - In Windows map with name 'TinyIslands.lua' can play with Linux map with name 'tinyisland.lua' coz it's a common map. They content same inner code. When i try to use a custom map for example 'NQPangaea.lua' from Windows and after this i low cased it to nqpangaea.lua then i cannot play with others who has windows. In lobby this map is red with windows users, but i can play it myself only. Does anybody know how to convert Windows map to Linux more correct? I want to play with others who has windows.

Thank you for reading this. Help me please.

Hello

I am surprised that all maps should be lower cased in Linux. I would have thought they should retain the case that the designer gave them.

The files for the mod are listed in the .modinfo file, and since Linux is case sensitive by default, these ought to match the actual file names exactly. I expect the .modinfo file name should also match the file name in other players' copies. So the advice to change all file names to lower case *may* work for single player games if you also change the references in the .modinfo file, but I suspect they will not work when you try to play cross platform with Windows players. The alternative suggestion is to use a case-insensitive disk partition for your user folder.

This map was discussed a while ago in this thread by JokerNole. He was installing it in Civ5 for Mac, I think. (Is it also available for Beyond Earth?). But he also had problems when he tried to play multiplayer games. I don't play multiplayer games, so I cannot assist on this.

Top Bottom