Suddenly Conquest Mods Text Mixed Up

Redwaller66

Chieftain
Hi I have civ3 complete from steam which is auto updated. I have recently decided to get back into playing the game. I have/had a bunch of really cool mods I enjoyed playing the game with.

When I went to play with a mod selected from the civ content ( conquests mods) a lot if not most of the text is mixed up. The word "alliance" is where the word "gold" should be, etc. It also is like this on the main menu and the startup menus. After trying a modded game and exiting the game back to the main menu (where you see new game, load game, civ content, etc.,) some of the text is mixed up there even and I have to exit the entire game and restart to fix that.

The vanilla game works just fine including the default conquests scenarios and civ-content scenarios, just not anything modded at all. I have tried uninstalling through steam and manually, and reinstalling and re-adding the mods, but the problem persists. I have been waiting for the forum to come back online for a few days so I could ask you guys for some much needed help with my issue.:p

Cheers.

Edit: Still can't play my mods because of this issue. =c Please help! XD

I have had the exact same problem, which that post has now fixed. Thanks for that. However I have been using mods (MEM, WH, TAM etc.) on the steam version of C3 complete for some years without problems, I was wondering if you would know what caused this problem? Is it a recent change somewhere?

I have had the exact same problem, which that post has now fixed. Thanks for that. However I have been using mods (MEM, WH, TAM etc.) on the steam version of C3 complete for some years without problems, I was wondering if you would know what caused this problem? Is it a recent change somewhere?

The Steam version had an update this spring (April or May I think?), which restored multi-player capability after the closing of GameSpy last year, but also had a few rough edges, such as this. Prior to the Steam update, the Steam version was identical to the most recent CD version patch, other than that the CD protection was removed and Steam protection was added.

Also, welcome to CFC! :band: [party]

Top Bottom