New Wonder : Temple of Solomon

LBPB

King
This is one of my new Wonders for my GLC Mod (v1.1 to come).
I post it here in case someone is interested...

Presentation
Solomon's Temple was the first temple in Jerusalem which functioned as a religious focal point for worship and the sacrifices
known as the korbanot.

What's in the bundle ?
- Splash
- Building Large and small
- Pedia Icons Large and Small
- Pedia Text

Splash

Buildings Large

Icons

Pedia
#BLDG_TempleofSolomon
^
^
^Add 4 happy faces in the city where it's built.
^
^
^May trigger $LINK<Golden Age=GCON_Golden_Age> for Religious civilizations.
#DESC_BLDG_TempleofSolomon
^
^
^Solomon's Temple was the first temple in Jerusalem which functioned as a religious focal point for worship and the sacrifices
known as the korbanot.
^The process of the erection of the great building began, under the direction of skilled Phoenician builders and workmen, in the
fourth year of Solomon's reign. 100,000 talents (3,000 tons) of gold and 1,000,000 talents (30,000 tons) of silver were brought
to the construction of the temple. Stones prepared in the quarries underneath the city of huge dimension were gradually placed
on the massive walls, and closely fitted together without any mortar between, till the whole structure was completed. The building
was 60 cubits (27 m) long, 20 cubits (9 m) wide, and 30 cubits (14 m) high.
^The Autumn of the eleventh year of his reign, seven and a half years after it had been begun, the temple was completed. For thirteen
years there it stood, on the summit of Moriah, silent and unused. The reasons for this strange delay in its consecration are unknown.
At the close of these thirteen years preparations for the dedication of the temple were made.

Download
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/TempleofSolomon.zip

This is very much needed, thank you.
Those winged lion things would make interesting fantasy units....

Great Job! Now I can replace the holder splash with this one.

ozymandias said:
Excellent! -- but aren't the winged sphinxes Assyrian / Babylonian or some such?

Thanks,

Oz

Well, when I made my researchs on the Solomon's Temple, this picture appeared several times into the articles... :coffee:

Top Bottom