Civ3 Conquests Additions & Changes List

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I am currently compiling a list of C3C additions and changes to update the main site with the info soon... better late than never. :) Below is what I have so far. Let me know if I miss anything... corrections are welcomed.

Info Center:
--------------
Civilizations
-- Add Seafaring and Agricultural attributes
-- Change England to Seafaring and Commercial
-- Change Iroquois to Agricultural and Commercial
-- Change Aztecs to Agricultural and Militaristic
-- The Austrians could be included on the Civilization Intelligence Agency page

Civilization Abilities:
-- Agricultural: +1 food in center city tile and irrigated deserts; cheaper aggicultural city improvements (aqueduct, granary, etc)
-- Seafaring: Coastal cities receive commerce bonus in the center city square; seafaring city improvements (harbor, comemrcial dock, etc) are easier to build; +1 movement for naval units and are less likely to sink in the sea or ocean.

Interface
-- Cultural flips and SGL's can be turned off on the game setup screen

Conquests
-- Include info about the 9 Conquests

Terrain:
-- Add craters to info center page
-- Volcano produces three shields and movment cost is 3. can't be improved. can erupt and produces pollution (lava)
-- Marsh can be cleared 1/3 quicker than Jungle and movement cost is 2. 1 food, can't be settled on.

Units:
-- CivIII now has 124 units (including C3C, PTW, kings, princess, etc.)
-- Armies. They now have blitz, they can autoraze terrain, they have 1+ movement point, and they heal faster anywhere.
-- "Leonardo's Workshop is still a (Great) Wonder, but it now halves the costs of upgrades. All Civs can upgrade their units." -- Leonardo's now makes the upgrade cost go from 3 * shield difference to 2 * shield difference (cuts it by 1/3). [?]
-- War elephant: one extra HP. These units have defensive bombard ablity when a better defending unit is being attack and in () is bombard stats. Bombard, range, ROF, format Archer (1/0/1), Longbowman (2/0/1), Guerilla (3/0/1). Musketeer also has bombard ability (2/0/1).

Technologies:
-- "Civ3 has a total of 82 technologies" <-- it is now 81 with the removal of Radio
-- Philosophy gives a bonus tech (you choose) to the first civ to learn it

Governments:
-- Added Facism and Feudalism
-- Republic now has 1.3.4 unit support(town.city.metropolis). Unit cost is two instead of one.
-- Feudalism: 5,2,1. Maintenance is three per unit instead of one.
-- Fascism: 4,7,10. Worker speed is 200%. Pop declines when you change over. Culture is not produced until you have a popular majority.

Resources:
-- Include Tobacco, Oasis, Sugar, and Tropical Fruit under bonus resources.

Difficulty levels:
-- Added Sid and Demi-God.

Military:
-- Great Leaders can't rush build wonders, only small wonders and improvements.
-- Add Scientific Great Leaders - can rush wonders or "Age of Science".

Wonders of the World:
-- There are now 11 SWs and 29 GWs

Winning the Game:
-- Add Wonder Victory (all wonders built)

Play the World:
--------------
-- Change Spain to seafaring and religious
-- Change Vikings to Seafaring and Militaristic
-- Change Celts to Agricultural and Seafaring
-- Change Carthaginians to Seafaring and Industrious

Tech Tree (C3C Tech Tree v1.22)
--------------
-- Ancient: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/ancientage.JPG
-- Middle Age: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/middleage.JPG
-- Industrial: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/industrialage.JPG
-- Modern: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/modernage.JPG

-- Map trading and Communication pushed back to Navigation and Printing Press, respectively

Units:
--------------
-- Man O Wars and Privateers can now enslave
-- Add Trebuchets to the Info Center page
-- Hwach'a: Lethal Land and Sea bombard
-- Radar Artillery: It now has 2 movement
-- Airplanes now have lethal air and sea bombard
-- Musketeers are 2.5..1
-- Cossacks have Blitz

Helicopter:
Cost: 100
Transports: 3

Cruise Missle:
Range: 4

Curragh:
Cost: 15
A/D/M: 1/1/2 (3 for Seafaring)
Carries: 0

Cruiser:
Cost: 160
A/D/M: 15/10/6
B/R/F: 7/1/2
Carries: 0
Requirements: Oil

Paratrooper is now:
Cost: 90
A/D/M: 4/9/1
Requirements: Oil, Rubber

Modern Paratrooper:
Cost: 110
A/D/M: 6/11/1
Requirements: Oil, Rubber

Resources:
--------------

Oasis: +2 food
Tobacco: +1 commerce
Tropical Fruit: +1 food, +1 commerce
Sugar: +1 food, +1 commerce

Improvements:
--------------

Civil Defense:
Cost: 120
Culture: 0
Upkeep: 1
Requirements: Electronics (and a barracks)
Effect: 50% defensive bonus to units inside the city

Commercial Dock:
Cost: 160
Upkeep: 2
Requirements: Mass Production, harbor
Effect: +1 commerce in all water squares that produce at least one

Stock Exchange:
Cost: 200
Upkeep: 3
Requirements: The Corporation, Bank
Effect: 50% increase to tax revenue

Wonders:
--------------

-- Shakespere's Theatre: City go can above size 12 population without a hospital.

The Internet:
Cost: 1000
Culture: 4
Requires: Miniaturization
Expires: Never
Attributes: All
Benefits: Research Lab in all cities on same continent

The Temple of Artemis:
Cost: 500
Requires: Polytheism
Expires: Education
Attributes: Religious
Benefits: A temple in every city on the same continent

The Mausoleum of Mausollos
Culture: 2
Requires: Philosophy
Expires: Never
Attributes: Scientific and Seafaring
Benefits: 3 unhappy citizens are made content in the city

The Statue of Zeus:
Requires: Ivory, Mathematics
Expires: Metallurgy
Attributes: Religious and Militaristic
Benefits: Produces an Ancient Cavalry every 5 turns

Knights Templar:
Cost: 300
Culture: 2
Requires: Chivalry
Expires: Steam Power
Attributes: Religious and Militaristic
Benefits: A Crusader every 5 turns

Small Wonders:
--------------
Secret Police Head Quarters:
Prerequistes: Espionage, In Communism
Benefits: A 2nd Forbidden Palace. Only works under communism.

++
PS: Thanks to Ginger_ale and classical hero for their help.

TF, there should be a note under the Age of Science feature for SGL's is broken ATM in 1.22 and that can be updated once the new patch comes out. I think that the way you have described LW is a bit confusing. It still halves the cost of upgrading but the normal cost of upgrading is up from 2 times to 3 times. That means with LW that upgrading now costs 1.5 compared to 1 before hand. Also the stats for the marine are increased attacking ability of 12 instead of 8. You also forgot that some wonders become Tourist Attractions. I have uploaded an image about that.

I must say that thanks must go to more advanced player who during there discussions alerted me to the fact. Once I saw that, I thought it would be good to have this on the front page.

It all looks good TF - if I think of anything, I'll edit it in to this post. :)

edit: One minute later, I think of something: defensive bombard. Range of 0, enabled for archers, longbows, bowmen, musketeer, guerilla, and TOW infantry.

When in despotism, agricultural only adds 1 food to cities if they are on a river.
There are two new technologies: Fascism and Ironclads.
There are two new citizen types: policemen and civil engineers.
Shakespeare's Theater now costs 450 shields.
Wall Street requires 5 stock exchanges.

I've noticed that the capture the princess is disabled. The icon that appears with PTW to move the princess doesn't appear. I this a known bug or is it done in a different way now?

The new Civs are missing in your list.
I think Leo's still half the price of upgrades, but upgrades in C3C are more expensive than in vanilla, I think.

-- Agricultural: +1 food in center city tile and irrigated deserts; cheaper aggicultural city improvements (aqueduct, granary, etc)

Not really. +1 food in center city tile for non-despot govts. and for despotism if the city has access to fresh water. Cheaper agricutural city improvements does NOT include granary, which would make agricutural go from "possibly broken" to definitely broken. Agricultural buildings are aqueduct, and then some late-game ones that I can never quite remember -- mass transit and solar plant??? something like that but NOT granary.

-- Armies. They now have blitz, they can autoraze terrain, they have 1+ movement point, and they heal faster anywhere.

True, but they also get a bonus to their A/D numbers. An army gets an A (resp. D) bonus equal to the sum of the A (D) values of all members divided by 6 (4, if you own the Military Academy) rounded down. That's about as short as I can describe it.

"Leonardo's Workshop is still a (Great) Wonder, but it now halves the costs of upgrades. All Civs can upgrade their units." -- Leonardo's now makes the upgrade cost go from 3 * shield difference to 2 * shield difference (cuts it by 1/3). [?]

As others have pointed out, this is wrong. Leonardo's makes the upgrade cost go from 3 * shield difference (change from 2 * shield difference in vanilla and PTW) to 1.5 * shield difference (with Leo's pre- C3C, was 1 * shield difference).

Units
Other changes.
- Jag warrior now costs 15 shields instead of 10 (Aztecs can build regular warrior, too, I believe)
- I would list all the new UUs for the new civs with stats (Inca - chasqui scout 1/1/2 ignore hills and mountains for 20 shields, replaces scout; Maya - javelin thrower 2/2/1 for 30 shields, has chance to enslave defeated units to create slaves, replaces archer; Netherlands - swedish mercenary 1/4/1 for 30 shields, replaces pikeman and upgrades to rifle; Portugal - carrack ??? don't recall details; Byantium - dromon ???; etc.)
- Other changes to units. French musketeer from 3/4/1 to 2/5/1 with defensive bombard. Gallic sword reduced from 50 shields to 40 shields. Korea h'wacha from 12/1/1 to 8/1/1 with lethal bombard. Bombers have increased range and lethal bombard (land and sea). Cossacks from 6/4/3 to 6/3/3 with blitz.
- Other new units -- flak cannon, TOW, guerilla, etc.
- Organization is goofy as changes to units appears at least twice....

Difficulty levels:
-- Added Sid and Demi-God.
True, but not as helpful as one might hope. At the very least, say Demi-God is between Emperor and Deity and Sid is harder than Deity. Ideally would be to give specs for the new difficulty levels (at least cost factors and starting units).

Other Missing Things:
- GREATLY changed the FP and how corruption works. This should be described as briefly as possible, but it needs to be mentioned.
- Tweaked barbarians to not automatically patrol, causing them to behave very strangely.
- Changed calculation on tech prices, in terms of gold required to buy.

I'm sure there's lots more, but those were immediately obvious to me.
Arathorn

Arathorn said:
Not really. +1 food in center city tile for non-despot govts. and for despotism if the city has access to fresh water. Cheaper agricutural city improvements does NOT include granary, which would make agricutural go from "possibly broken" to definitely broken. Agricultural buildings are aqueduct, and then some late-game ones that I can never quite remember -- mass transit and solar plant??? something like that but NOT granary.

Arathorn

Sorry (that was one of the lines I wrote - I wasn't sure, so I figured, but you are right).

The buildings are Aqueduct, Hospital, Solar Plant, and Hydro Plant. I'm not sure about Mass Transit or Recycling Center, however.

Also, the C3C units like TOW, Flak, Mobile SAM, etc are included on the main site, so that's not an issue.

Aztecs can build warriors, yes.

Arathorn said:
"Leonardo's Workshop is still a (Great) Wonder, but it now halves the costs of upgrades. All Civs can upgrade their units." -- Leonardo's now makes the upgrade cost go from 3 * shield difference to 2 * shield difference (cuts it by 1/3). [?]

Again, another line I wrote. Wasn't quite sure of this one either, though I knew it decreased it. Thanks for pointing these out.

Civ Traits

New Traits
Agricultural – Provides one bonus food in the city square in all governments except despotism. In despotism, the bonus food only appears if the city is by fresh water. Half-price aqueduct, hospital, solar plant, hydro plant.

Seafaring – Cities on the coast of salt water gain one extra commerce in the city square. +1 naval movement. Less chance of sinking in sea/ocean when sailing there before they are safe. Half price harbor, commercial dock, offshore platform.

New Civs’ Traits
Byzantium – Seafaring, Scientific
Hittites – Expansionist, Commercial
Inca – Agricultural, Expansionist
Maya – Agricultural, Industrious
Netherlands – Agricultural, Seafaring
Portugal – Seafaring, Expansionist
Sumeria – Agricultural, Scientific

Old Civs’ Changed Traits
Aztecs – from Militaristic, Religious to Agricultural, Militaristic
Carthage – from Commercial, Industrious to Industrious, Seafaring
Celts – from Militaristic, Religious to Agricultural, Religious
England – from Commercial, Expansionist to Commercial, Seafaring
Iroquois – from Expansionist, Religious to Agricultural, Commercial
Scandinavia – from Expansionist, Militaristic to Militaristic, Seafaring
Spain – from Commercial, Religious to Religious, Seafaring

Units

New Units
Code:
Unit Name	A/D/M(A.R.F)	Cost	Tech	Resources	Upgrades	Upgrades To	Notes
					From
Ancient Cavalry	3/2/2	??	None	Ivory	None	None	+1 hp, produced every 5 turns by Statue of Zeus when ivory is present
Carrack	2/2/4(3.1.1)	40	Astronomy	None	Galley	Frigate	Portuguese UU replacing caravel, safe on ocean, holds 3
Chasqui Scout	1/1/2	20	None	None	None	Explorer	Incan UU replacing scout, ignores movement penalty of hills/mountains
Crusader	5/3/1	??	None	None	None	None	Produced every 5 turns by Knight’s Templar
Curragh	1/1/2	15	Alphabet	None	None	Galley
Cruiser	15/10/6(7.1.2)	160	Combustion	Oil	None	None	Anti-aircraft 1, radar
Dromon	2/1/3(2.1.2)	30	Map Making	None	None	Caravel	Byzantine UU replaces galley, holds 2, lethal sea bombard
Enkidu Warrior	1/2/2	10	None	None	None	Pike	Sumerian UU replacing spear
Flak	1/6/1	70	Flight	None	None	Mobile SAM	Anti-aircraft 2
Guerilla	6/6/1(3.0.1)	90	Replaceable Parts	None	Longbow, MDI	TOW
Javelin Thrower	2/2/1	30	Warrior Code	None	None	Longbow	Mayan UU replacing archer, has 1/3 chance to enslave
Mobile SAM	1/6/2	100	Rocketry	None	Flak	None	Anti-aircraft 4
Modern Paratrooper	6/11/1	110	Synthetic Fibers	Oil, Rubber	Paratrooper	None	Airdrop
Three-Man Chariot	2/2/2	30	The Wheel	Horses	None	Knight	Hittite UU replacing chariot and horseman; wheeled
Trebuchet	0/0/1(6.1.1)	30	Engineering	None	Catapult	Cannon
Swiss Mercenary	1/4/1	30	Feudalism	Iron	Musketman	Rifleman	Netherlands UU replaces pike (and typically musketman)
TOW Infantry	12/14/1(6.0.1)	120	Rocketry	None	Guerilla	None

Changes to Old Units
Jaguar Warrior cost increased from 10 shields to 15 shields. Now requires Warrior Code. No longer replaces warrior.
Archer gains (1.0.1) bombard.
Gallic Swordsman cost decreased from 50 shields to 40 shields.
War Elephant now gains an extra +1 hp.
Musketeer from 3/4/1 to 2/5/1 with (2.0.1) bombard.
Longbow gains (2.0.1) bombard.
Explorer now available with Astronomy, not Navigation.
H’wacha from (12.1.1) bombard to (8.1.1) bombard with lethal land bombard.
Cossack from 6/4/3 to 6/3/3 with blitz.
Privateer from 2/1/3 for 60 shields to 2/1/5 for 50 shields, with a chance to enslave.
Frigate from 2/2/4 (2.1.2) to 2/2/5 (3.1.2).
Man-O-War from 3/2/4 (3.1.2) for 60 shields to 4/2/5 (4.1.2) for 65 shields, with a chance to enslave.
Ironclad from 4/4/4 (4.1.2) to 5/6/4 (6.1.2) available with Ironclads tech.
Transport from 1/4/5 carrying 8 to 1/2/6 carrying 6.
Carrier move increased from 4 to 7 and gains anti-aircraft 1.
Submarine move increased from 3 to 4.
Nuclear Submarine move increased from 4 to 5.
Destroyer move increased from 5 to 8 and gains anti-aircraft 1.
AEGIS Cruiser from 12/10/5 (4.2.2) to 15/10/7 (6.2.2) with anti-aircraft
Battleship gains anti-aircraft 2.

Terrain and Improvements

New Terrain
Volcano – 0 food/3 shields/0 commerce, takes 3 MP, gives 80% defense bonus, can’t be improved, occasionally erupts to destroy nearby units/improvements and create pollution
Marsh – 1 food/0 shields/0 commerce, takes 2 MP, gives 20% defense bonus, can be cleared, can be roaded for 1 commerce, cities can’t be formed on marsh, causes disease.

New Improvements
Barricade – improved fortress – increases defense bonus to 100% and stops all units trying to move through it

New Bonus Resources
Sugar – 1 food and 1 commerce (found on plains)
Fruit – 1 food and 1 commerce (found in jungle)
Oasis – 2 food (found in desert)
Tobacco – 1 commerce (found in grassland and plains)

Tech Tree Changes

New Techs
Ironclads – requires Steam Power, required for nothing, allows Ironclads unit
Fascism- requires Nationalism, required for nothing, allows Fascism Government

Techs Removed
Radio – Civil Defense now available with Electronics

Other Changes
Electronics is no longer a prerequisite for Motorized Transportation.

Government Changes

New Governments
Feudalism – available with Feudalism, problematic corruption (like Monarchy), low war weariness (like Republic), 5/2/1 unit support, unit cost of 3 per excess unit, 3 MPs, 100% worker rate
Fascism – available with Fascism, nuisance corruption (like Republic), no war weariness, 4/7/10 unit support, unit cost of 1 per excess unit, 4 MPs, 200% worker rate. Causes reduction in population when switched into and cannot build cultural buildings in cities without a majority of native citizens

Changes to Old Governments
Republic now has 1/3/4 unit support but bears a unit cost of 2 per excess unit.

Wonders, Great and Small

New Wonders
Statue of Zeus – 200 shields, Mathematics, requires Ivory, 4 cpt, Rel and Mil, produces Ancient Cavalry unit every 5 turns, expires with Metallurgy
Mausoleum of Mausollos – 200 shields, Philosophy, 2 cpt, Sci and Sea, 3 unhappy citizens made content, never expires
Temple of Artemis – 500 shields, Polytheism, 4 cpt, Rel, puts a temple in every city on the continent, expires with Education
Knight’s Templar – 300 shields, Chivalry, 2 cpt, Rel and Mil, produces a Crusader unit every 5 turns, expires with Steam Power

Secret Police Headquarters – 200 shields, Espionage, 0 cpt, Small wonder, acts as a second FP while in Communism

Changes to Existing Wonders
Shakespeare’s Theatre – also allows a city to grow beyond size 12 and now costs 450 shields
Colossus – traits from Expansionist, Commercial, Religious to Expansionist, Seafaring, Commercial
Pyramids – add trait Agricultural
Magellan’s Voyage – add trait Seafaring
Universal Suffrage – trait from Militaristic to Agricultural
Cure for Cancer – add trait Agricultural

Others:
FP changes
SS Statis Chamber moved
Difficulty levels added (and changed some)
MGLs vs SGLs
Armies

Arathorn

Ancient Cavalry and Crusaders have no required technology, as they are spawned from one great wonder each. As I'd hope you know...

Ancient cavalry cost 40 shields and crusaders cost 70 shields (obviously only matters when disbanding).

Crusaders can build fortresses.

Enkidu warrior only can move 1.

The dromon can upgrade from a curragh.

I don't believe a musketman can upgrade to a swiss mercenary.

Sugar and tobacco can also appear on hills.

It may be worth mentioning that ironclads and fascism are optional.

C3C Changes from PTW

Civ Traits

New Traits
Agricultural - Provides one bonus food in the city square in all governments except despotism. In despotism, the bonus food only appears if the city is by fresh water. Half-price aqueduct, hospital, solar plant, hydro plant.

Seafaring - Cities on the coast of salt water gain one extra commerce in the city square. +1 naval movement. Less chance of sinking in sea/ocean when sailing there before they are safe. Half price harbor, commercial dock, offshore platform.

New Civs' Traits
Byzantium - Seafaring, Scientific
Hittites - Expansionist, Commercial
Inca - Agricultural, Expansionist
Maya - Agricultural, Industrious
Netherlands - Agricultural, Seafaring
Portugal - Seafaring, Expansionist
Sumeria - Agricultural, Scientific

Old Civs' Changed Traits
Aztecs - from Militaristic, Religious to Agricultural, Militaristic
Carthage - from Commercial, Industrious to Industrious, Seafaring
Celts - from Militaristic, Religious to Agricultural, Religious
England - from Commercial, Expansionist to Commercial, Seafaring
Iroquois - from Expansionist, Religious to Agricultural, Commercial
Scandinavia - from Expansionist, Militaristic to Militaristic, Seafaring
Spain - from Commercial, Religious to Religious, Seafaring

Units

New Units
Code:
Unit Name	   A/D/M(A.R.F)	   Cost	 Tech	           Resources	Upgrades     Upgrades	Notes
					                                From         To
Ancient Cavalry    3/2/2	   40	 None	           Ivory	None	     None	+1 hp, produced every 5 turns by Statue of Zeus when ivory is present, can't be built "normally"
Carrack            2/2/4(3.1.1)	   40	 Astronomy	   None	        Galley	     Frigate	Portuguese UU replacing caravel, safe on ocean, holds 3
Chasqui Scout      1/1/2	   20	 None	           None	        None	     Explorer   Incan UU replacing scout, ignores movement penalty of hills/mountains
Crusader           5/3/1	   70	 None	           None	        None	     None	Produced every 5 turns by Knight's Templar, can't be built "normally", can build fortress
Curragh            1/1/2	   15	 Alphabet	   None	        None	     Galley
Cruiser            15/10/6(7.1.2)  160	 Combustion	   Oil	        None	     None	Anti-aircraft 1, radar
Dromon             2/1/3(2.1.2)	   30	 Map Making	   None	        Curragh	     Caravel	Byzantine UU replaces galley, holds 2, lethal sea bombard
Enkidu Warrior     1/2/1	   10	 None	           None	        None	     Pike	Sumerian UU replacing spear
Flak               1/6/1	   70	 Flight		   None	        None	     Mobile SAM	Anti-aircraft 2
Guerilla           6/6/1(3.0.1)	   90	 Replaceable Parts None	        Longbow, MDI TOW
Javelin Thrower    2/2/1	   30	 Warrior Code	   None	        None	     Longbow	Mayan UU replacing archer, has 1/3 chance to enslave
Mobile SAM         1/6/2	   100	 Rocketry	   None	        Flak	     None	Anti-aircraft 4
Modern Paratrooper 6/11/1	   110	 Synthetic Fibers  Oil, Rubber	Paratrooper  None	Airdrop
Three-Man Chariot  2/2/2	   30	 The Wheel	   Horses	None	     Knight	Hittite UU replacing chariot and horseman; wheeled
Trebuchet          0/0/1(6.1.1)    30	 Engineering	   None	        Catapult     Cannon
Swiss Mercenary    1/4/1	   30	 Feudalism	   Iron	        Musketman    Rifleman	Netherlands UU replaces pike (and typically musketman)
TOW Infantry       12/14/1(6.0.1)  120	 Rocketry	   None	        Guerilla     None

Changes to Old Units
AEGIS Cruiser from 12/10/5 (4.2.2) to 15/10/7 (6.2.2) with anti-aircraft
Archer gains (1.0.1) bombard.
Battleship gains anti-aircraft 2.
Carrier move increased from 4 to 7 and gains anti-aircraft 1.
Cossack from 6/4/3 to 6/3/3 with blitz.
Cruise Missile range increased from 3 to 4.
Destroyer move increased from 5 to 8 and gains anti-aircraft 1.
Explorer now available with Astronomy, not Navigation.
Frigate from 2/2/4 (2.1.2) to 2/2/5 (3.1.2).
Gallic Swordsman cost decreased from 50 shields to 40 shields.
Helicopter from carrying 1 to carrying 3.
H'wacha from (12.1.1) bombard to (8.1.1) bombard with lethal land bombard.
Ironclad from 4/4/4 (4.1.2) to 5/6/4 (6.1.2) available with Ironclads tech.
Jaguar Warrior cost increased from 10 shields to 15 shields. Now requires Warrior Code. No longer replaces warrior.
Longbow gains (2.0.1) bombard.
Man-O-War from 3/2/4 (3.1.2) for 60 shields to 4/2/5 (4.1.2) for 65 shields, with a chance to enslave.
Marine from 8/6/1 to 12/6/1.
Musketeer from 3/4/1 to 2/5/1 with (2.0.1) bombard.
Nuclear Submarine move increased from 4 to 5.
Paratrooper from 6.8.1 to 4.9.1.
Privateer from 2/1/3 for 60 shields to 2/1/5 for 50 shields, with a chance to enslave.
Radar Artillery move increased from 1 to 2.
Submarine move increased from 3 to 4.
Transport from 1/4/5 carrying 8 to 1/2/6 carrying 6.
War Elephant now gains an extra +1 hp.

Terrain and Improvements

New Terrain
Volcano - 0 food/3 shields/0 commerce, takes 3 MP, gives 80% defense bonus, can't be improved, occasionally erupts to destroy nearby units/improvements and create pollution
Marsh - 1 food/0 shields/0 commerce, takes 2 MP, gives 20% defense bonus, can be cleared, can be roaded for 1 commerce, cities can't be formed on marsh, causes disease.

New Improvements
Barricade - improved fortress - increases defense bonus to 100% and stops all units trying to move through it
Craters - created when a square is bombarded to nothing - takes time to clear before the square can be further improved
Ruins - created when a town is razed - has no effect on square productivity - disappears when square is improved

New Bonus Resources
Sugar - 1 food and 1 commerce (found on plains and hills)
Fruit - 1 food and 1 commerce (found in jungle)
Oasis - 2 food (found in desert)
Tobacco - 1 commerce (found in grassland, hills, and plains)

Tech Tree Changes

New Techs
Ironclads - requires Steam Power, required for nothing, allows Ironclads unit, optional tech
Fascism- requires Nationalism, required for nothing, allows Fascism Government, optional tech

Techs Removed
Radio - Civil Defense now available with Electronics

Other Changes
Electronics is no longer a prerequisite for Motorized Transportation.
Philosophy now gives a bonus tech to the first civ to research it.

Government Changes

New Governments
Feudalism - available with Feudalism, problematic corruption (like Monarchy), low war weariness (like Republic), 5/2/1 unit support, unit cost of 3 per excess unit, 3 MPs, 100% worker rate
Fascism - available with Fascism, nuisance corruption (like Republic), no war weariness, 4/7/10 unit support, unit cost of 1 per excess unit, 4 MPs, 200% worker rate. Causes reduction in population when switched into and cannot build cultural buildings in cities without a majority of native citizens

Changes to Old Governments
Republic now has 1/3/4 unit support but bears a unit cost of 2 per excess unit.

Wonders, Great and Small

New Wonders
Statue of Zeus - 200 shields, Mathematics, requires Ivory, 4 cpt, Rel and Mil, produces Ancient Cavalry unit every 5 turns, expires with Metallurgy
Mausoleum of Mausollos - 200 shields, Philosophy, 2 cpt, Sci and Sea, 3 unhappy citizens made content, never expires
Temple of Artemis - 500 shields, Polytheism, 4 cpt, Rel, puts a temple in every city on the continent, expires with Education
Knight's Templar - 300 shields, Chivalry, 2 cpt, Rel and Mil, produces a Crusader unit every 5 turns, expires with Steam Power

Secret Police Headquarters - 200 shields, Espionage, 0 cpt, Small wonder, acts as a second FP while in Communism

Changes to Existing Wonders
Colossus - traits from Expansionist, Commercial, Religious to Expansionist, Seafaring, Commercial
Cure for Cancer - add trait Agricultural
Magellan's Voyage - add trait Seafaring
Pyramids - add trait Agricultural
Shakespeare's Theatre - also allows a city to grow beyond size 12 and now costs 450 shields
Universal Suffrage - trait from Militaristic to Agricultural

New Wonder Ability
Some Great Wonders now have the ability to become tourist attractions. These wonders produce revenue (uncorrupted, not affected by buildings) based on their age. It starts at 2 gpt after 1000 years and can grow as high as 14 gpt. Pyramids, Oracle, Hanging Gardens, Great Wall, Statue of Zeus, Temple of Artemis, Mausoleum of Mausollos, Great Library, Colossus, Great Lighthouse, Sistine Chapel, Leonardo's Workshop, Copernicus' Observatory, Shakespeare's Theatre, Newton's University, JS Bach's Cathedral, Hoover Dam, and United Nations can become tourist attractions.

Leaders

New Leaders
Scientific Great Leader (SGL) - has a 3% chance of appearing if a Civ is the first to discover a tech (5% for Scientific civs). An SGL can rush a wonder (either Great or Small). In theory, an SGL can also cause an "Age of Science" to increase beakers by 20% for 20 turns, but this functionality does not work. The button is there, but it does nothing.

Changes to MGL
Military Great Leaders (MGLs) can no longer rush Great Wonders. They can still create armies and can rush small wonders or other buildings.

Changes to Armies
Armies now get a bonus to their A/D/M values. The bonus to A is equal to the sum of the A values of all units in the army divided by 6 and rounded down (e.g. 3 cavalry in an army has an A bonus of (6+6+6)/6 = 3 and 3 swords in an army have an A bonus of (3+3+3)/6 = 1). Building the Military Academy makes the denominator 4 instead of 6. The D bonus is similar, but with D values summed. All armies also get a +1 M value (one extra movement point). Thus, an army of 4 cavalry after the Military Academy has been built (assumes Pentagon, too), is effectively a 12/6/4 unit. Armies also heal in enemy territory (one hp/unit pre-Battlefield Medicine and two hp/unit after), can pillage without expending a movement point, and heal much faster in your territory than before, too.

Specialists

New Specialists
Civil Engineer - available with Replaceable Parts, produces two incorruptible, non-multiplicative (e.g. factory doesn't help) shields for use on buildings and wonders and zero shields for units
Policeman - available with Nationalism, reduces corruption by one shield and one commerce arrow, subject to multiplier buildings, except in maximally corrupt cities

Changes to Existing Specialists
Scientists now produce 3 beakers per turn instead of 1.
Taxmen now produce 2 gold tax per turn instead of 1.

Changes to Interface

Cultural flips and SGLs can be turned off on game setup screen.
F8 now shows domination limit, spaceship parts completed by the leader, and a lot of other win condition information.
Shift-D for workers now is clear damage and not open diplomacy. Control-Shift-D opens the diplomacy window at all times.
New option at set-up - play the last world, which starts a new game on the same map as previously played.
New option in map choosing - world map seed, which allows maps to be shared easily and/or named maps to be played.

Other Significant Changes

Corruption
Old exploits around the Forbidden Palace, rings, and palace jumps were removed. The Forbidden Palace no longer provides a second core like a palace. Instead, it provides a low degree of effect for cities near it and a general corruption-fighting effect on the entire empire. Both the old method and the new method are meticulously described in the forums, but they're hard to condense into a short description. Basically, in C3C, building the FP closer and earlier is a better bet.

Courthouses and Police Stations now have a greater effect on distant corruption, too. The old cap of corruption was 95% and nothing helped it. Now, both courthouses and police stations lower the maximum corruption.

Difficulty Levels
Demi-God - between Emperor and Deity, Demi-God AIs have a cost factor of .7 (meaning things cost 70% for them), 3 starting offensive units, 6 starting defensive units, 1 bonus settler, 2 bonus workers, 12 free unit support plus 3 per city, max anarchy of 2 turns, 160 AI-AI trade ratio, human has 25% bonus vs. barbs and human has 70% of the normal OCN
Sid - beyond Deity, Sid AIs have a cost factor of .4, 6 starting offensive units, 12 starting defensive units, 2 bonus settlers, 4 bonus workers, 24 free unit support plus 8 per city, max anarchy of 1 turn, 200 AI-AI trade ratio, human has 0% bonus vs. barbs and human has 50% of the normal OCN

The AI-AI trade ratio for diety increased from 160 in PTW to 170 in C3C, and the OCN decreased from 70% to 60%.

Space Race Changed
SS Statis Chamber now requires Robotics instead of Synthetic Fibers.

Upgrade Costs Changed
To upgrade a unit, the costs have gone from 2 * shield_difference to 3 * shield_difference. Thus, a horse to knight upgrade which used to cost 2 * (70-30) = 80 gold now costs 3 * (70-30) = 120 gold. Leonardo's Workshop still halves the upgrade cost (to 1.5 * shield_difference).

Map Trading and Communications
Map trading moved from available with Map Making to Printing Press.
Communications trading moved from available with Map Making to Navigation.

Notes:

OK, I think that list is pretty comprehensive now. It's the best I could do. Thanks to TimBentley, especially, for some good suggestions. There are probably still a few things missing, but that was about the best I could do.

Oddly enough, musketmen do upgrade to swiss mercenaries. That's the only way to make it so that the upgrade chain isn't broken, swiss mercs are available to be built when both iron and saltpeter are present, but musketmen can still be built when you don't have iron. I've not completely checked, but I think the "upgrade" can be done (even though it's just costing you in the long run) if you have some muskets and later get iron. It would be a free upgrade but would diminish the value of the unit, so it's a triviality exercise only.

Arathorn

The upgrade from musketman to swiss mercenary works normally and costs 0 gold. The upgrade from spearman is the more common one, of course.

The AI-AI trade ratio for diety increased from 160 in PTW to 170 in C3C, and the OCN decreased from 70% to 60%.

Anyways, good job on the changes list.

Great work has taken shape here! A few more details:

The Great Wall has the new feature of putting walls in every town on the same continent.

Shakespeare's Theater has the new feature of allowing its city to grow beyond size 12.

Additional notes about armies:
1) They have an extended viewing range, +1 tile
2) They have the blitz ability (multiple attacks per turn)
3) They have the zone of control ability

When revolting to change the government the period of anarchy is one turn longer in C3C. This is true even for religious Civs.

Communism is stronger than it used to be, has lower corruption even before the new SPHQ.

The required amount of culture for the "100K" cultural victory condition is variable in C3C, depending on the map size. The requirement for a cultural victory is 60K on a tiny map, 80K on small, 100K on standard, 130K on large, and 160K on huge.

Top Bottom