Pirates! Yarrr!

Great, I was actually begining to wonder if I got the right one. I got it off my backup DVD and I couldn't remeber if I'd backed up the correction. Always glad to help. :)

GREAT scenario! I played for hours as the Peglegs (the captains name was Jack something, which i renamed to Jack Sparrow :) ) ive been taking my time and moving slowly and other than the usual "ctd from missing pcx file" and lack of the music, its fantastic. One question though... I havent been able to upgrade the captured soldiers or enslaved ships to anything... what tech/buildings do i need for each? (also, any chance of that music? if not i think im just gonna play the soundtrack for Pirates of the Carribbean)

If I remember correctly, it's some strange bug that I never researched properly. At first glance it looks like everything is OK, but then they don't work. But remember that the last time I did take a look was atleast two years ago ;)

The CFC ftp was moved, and unfortunately I uploaded the musics (& a few other files) just before that, so they didn't make it. I'll upload the musics tonight, which is about 12h from now. So try again with the same link tomorrow.

Screenshots would be nice. O.o

Everytime I try to run this scenario it only says:

Error Reading File
Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt":Icon_BLDG_port

What should I do or do I need some patch to my civ III and and conguest?
Need help immediatly

hey paasky, just so you know i fixed that upgrade bug... turns out the upgrade flag wasnt checked... simple enough to fix (this is for both enslaved units, so you know)

Uploading the musics now. Should be ready at posting time + 30min (really slow for some reason). I can't remember how to put them in so civ can play them, so you're going to have to use winamp.

Screenshots would be nice, but as I haven't had civ3 installed for over 2 years now, I can't really give them :p
Hopefully someone can provide those & help you Yun-Yammka. I have no idea where my civ3 cd even is... Maybe it's in one of those stacks with over 50 cd's/dvd's :D

EDIT: Mind fixing those nasty CTD's too? I'd really appreciate it, I can host the files at CFC once you're done.

yeah, ill make it all pretty like for you and post it... but ill do that tomorrow. mine works but im tired and ill get the correct art instead of my placeholders for you then.

As the Peglegs, I got this message when I opened the Civilopedia for "Pirate Captain",

I also got this one near near the "C" ships.

There are probably alot more, but I dont want to have it keep closing on me.

Open Civilopedia.txt, I think. Or was it something else... Anyway, it isn't too hard to understand how it works. Just copy-paste a working .pcx over the ones that cause CTD's. It should be in civ3\conquests\scenarios\pirates\*something*.

@ Geminisama: I uploaded a fix for the PediaIcons.txt on the previous page. The pirate thing was one of the things I fixed. I'm prett sure you're second problem has to do with opening the wrong scenario. ;)

you can put one more on the download couter... I Just Downloaded... Looks pretty amazing, I'll post later when I win

(possibly I'll never post :sad:)

Sounds like a great scenario. I can't believe I somehow missed this scenario. I am looking forward to playing it soon!

EDIT- I am getting an error File Not Found! art\civilopedia\icons\units\turtlesm.pcx while it is trying to load the selection screen. I am pretty sure I put everything in the correct place. I tried the 1.0 and the 1.2. Download the other arts / text files and put them in proper place. It says make sure you have the use folder names option on but I have no clue what that means. I have a few other scenarios up and running and they run off folders like the WW2 global, Barbarossa, etc... I even tried that PediaIcons.txt file someone else posted up.

EDIT Again- I re installed everything again (replaced the files) and it seems to work now. Not sure what went wrong the first time but it works now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom