AI Air Superiority causes Lockup

gara1951

Chieftain
Civ 3 locks-up when the AI performs Air Superiority. Doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be a pain. I have the latest patch installed, running on a PIII 450 w/256m memory, on Win ME. Everthing else is fine. Anyone else running into this?

Yes, I am. This happens though when I am also in air superiority mode. I am getting hammered because of this. What makes this so frustrating is that I am performing the same mission on a different continent, and it works. I am inflicting damage on the enemy bombers and the game does not lock up. This is really frustrating.:mad:

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I was starting to get paranoid.
What's so frustrating is there seems to be no logic to why it locks-up in some situations but not in others.
Also, I've gone back to saved games that locked-up and they lock up at the same point everytime. If I don't attempt the bombing run that caused the lockup I can continue to play.
I think I liked it better when the AS missions didn't work at all.

I have a similar problem. My opponent is still using galleons, but I have bombers, destroyers, etc. Any time I try unloading a bomber from a carrier onto their shores, my game completely locks up. It's happened twice so far. I have to ctrl+esc to get back to windows and alt+ctrl+del just to close the game. Very frustrating.

I just had a game that locked-up when one of my Jet Fighters started to make an interception. I know thats what was going on because I could hear the beginning (and only the beginning) of the interception sound play over and over when the game locked up.

I discovered I could avoid the lock-up by having only 1 Jet Fighter in the target city set to Air Superiority.

I am also experiencing this problem. I only had one fighter in my city, but it still happened. I did have more than one fighter in range of the bomber based in different cities.

Hopefully, Firaxis will patch this problem as it makes it very difficult to plow through the already slow end game.

Top Bottom