Call to Power.....

wtf?

Could you please explain...Many people would agree with you but whats the point in just posting that it sucks. You didn't say why you think it sucks and therre are already threads about why people do not like CTP.

I'll take the opertunity of this idiotic post to pose some reasons CTP does not suck.

Most of all- It goes beyond modern technology

It allows cities on land, sea, and space.

It has more units than normal Civ games

It has far more government options

The non-unit based tile improvements are easier to deal with lots of times

It has several small yet interesting features that I wish they had put in Civ3

Visually speaking, I find CTP appealing, if only because of the videos for wonders

and... finally.... It was made by Activision.... a company I happen to wholeheartedly support with open-wallet

I'm done adding value to this topic now :)

And I take the opportunity to add something why CTP2 doesn't suck:

Thanks to the powerfull language slic you can mod it very heavy and fix most of the bugs you, you can rewrite diplomacy and the AI. And also if there wouldn't be slic you can can edit the text files easily and add units, wonders, techs, goods citystyles, buildings, tile improvements, terrains....and so on.

-Martin

Yeah and I thougth this is just not a CTP2 pro side (although this game is very good afterwards you put some work into it or you just downloaded the work of other people ;) :D ). But now it turns out that you can find here anti-civer, too.

-Martin

call to power DOES suck.... i like Civ2 and Civ3 ...i have never played call to power 2.... but call to power 1 sucks because they dont have the culture stuff where u can separate ur country from the other countries... for example Civ3 has its culture stuff.. call to power doesnt... so it sucks lol

Actual Civ3 sucks more than CTP1 and CTP2 I could extract the various reasons for that from various posts here in the Civ3 forum, JoseM. Civ3 can't be a great game worth 50?, if here are already people who are talking about suggestions for Civ4.

-Martin

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
What does it sy about someone who registers on a civ site, and then goes through every game, saying it sucks?

Possible answer. He's trying to inflate his post count, why I don't know because there is no custom avatars here.

Anyway CTP and CTP2 are both much more enjoyable games than Civ3 IMHO. I've been playing Civ3 since it came out and I'm ready to die of a heart attack! I like civ3 but not as much as the fun I have with CTP series.

Lol, this reminds me of a guy who post on FiringSquad, guy would post on each topic "xxx must be the worst xxx ever". It gets funny after a while..

I'm a fan of these turn based games including CTP II, and i must say that this game is the only game where I feel I'm playing the "real" Civilization.

Originally posted by dalla_boo
Lol, this reminds me of a guy who post on FiringSquad, guy would post on each topic "xxx must be the worst xxx ever". It gets funny after a while..
True, but after an even longer while (like, 4 years) it gets boring... :rolleyes: :sleep:

I'm a fan of these turn based games including CTP II, and i must say that this game is the only game where I feel I'm playing the "real" Civilization.
That's nice to hear for a chance :goodjob: Out of curiousity: what mod(s) do you use, if any?

Locutus, I like to play as a warmonger, so I'm playing Cradle right now, this Mod is awesome and I'm enjoying every second of it. After I finish this game I've played for the last 4 days I'm thinking of trying this new mod called "World at War", author claims that the Mod is very action packed and aggressive so I'm looking forward trying it out.

Now about this CTP sucks thing:
CTP II is not Civ 3...take a honest look on both games and see for yourself how much both games were more innovative and different from Civ2.
CTP II gave you stacks and cool combat system,Slic, and 900 turns of history(+400 turns if you count Cradle).
Civ 3 gave you what? Culture,sucky combat system(even the AC one was better), nice AI(same on all 6 diff. levels), aaaand thats about it...
I still have hope for Civ 3,but that game is not going to be installed on my HD again until I get a decent scenario and rules editor.

Locutus, I like to play as a warmonger, so I'm playing Cradle right now, this Mod is awesome and I'm enjoying every second of it. After I finish this game I've played for the last 4 days I'm thinking of trying this new mod called "World at War", author claims that the Mod is very action packed and aggressive so I'm looking forward trying it out.

Dalla_boo:

Hold out till next week mate. I'll have v1.03 finished. That'll effectively be release then. :) I just have a few things to cleanup on the library, and then I'll upload it.

Wow, an actual warmonger, I don't think we have too many of those in the CtP community :) Great to hear you're having so much fun with Cradle :goodjob: Yes, for a warmonger WAW is probably a great mod. Have you tried MedMod by any chance? I'd be interested to hear a warmonger's opinion about this (relatively peace-oriented) mod...

I still have hope for Civ 3,but that game is not going to be installed on my HD again until I get a decent scenario and rules editor.
Hear, hear! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Cade Foster
call to power sucks

better than a playboy bunny :love:

Locutus, I like to play as a warmonger, so I'm playing Cradle right now, this Mod is awesome and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Mission accomplished - One less civ3 player in the world. :goodjob:

Top Bottom