Term 1 - State of the Fanatik Union

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Friends, citizens, and fellow Fanatiks - lend me your time on this forum! The first government of the the Union of Fanatikos is nearing and end, with a new government and new term on the horizon. We have accomplished so much in the first centuries of our existance. Two city-states now exist were no such organized communities had existed before, while our Philosophers advance in their work on developing a unified system of writing. Our brave warriors, some defeated in heroic battles, have greatly increased our knowledge of the surrounding world, and along the way have met surrounding strong barbarian nations who do not speak our native tounge.

As this has happened, we have also experimented with a form of government that has deemphasized central control for the benefit of the Governors of the city-states. It remains to be seen how this new system will work out over the coming terms as we've only two of our alloted five city-states so far. Meanwhile, we have begun rotating the chief DP in a system I feel has to this point worked with some sucess.

The new term draws closer, though, and new opertunities await us. A new city-state will soon join the mix, while we approach the development of and future trades of writing. More barbarian nations will surely be encountered soon. The Senate and it's war powers remain dormant as brave hoplites prepare for battles that will undoubtedly come soon.

That said, I ask: what are your thoughts on this part term? Were your goals accomplished? Was the government effective in its function? What should we aim to accomplish in the next term, and in the future? Are changes necessary? What else is on your mind?

And, of course, more importantly: Can anyone spare a doughnut? ;)

Good job there Oct :).

Octavian X said:
And, of course, more importantly: Can anyone spare a doughnut? ;)
What kind of doughnut does your presidential heart desire? ;)

I think that Term I was only an introduction to the heavy activity the Government will have in these next months. But for now I think the Government in general has done a good job.

THe game is going good, the only thing its missing out on is any citizen groups. i mean normally alot get made at the start and 2 or 3 survive to the end. now this time.

Admiral-bell, I think your signature is only a little exaggerating:).

Civlord said:
Admiral-bell, I think your signature is only a little exaggerating:).
Perhaps a Mod and their signature measuring tool can check that out :mischief:.

We didn't accomplish much but we have a good start. Let's not mess it up: It could be very messy.

OK, that sounds good so far. To ask the question again - what are our goals for the coming term?

I think we should aim to catch up technically with surrounding nations - we're currently around six techs in the hole. We need to rectify this situation and hopefully the coming term will allow us the commercial ability to buy and reswearch everything we need to so we can catch up.

Octavian X said:
OK, that sounds good so far. To ask the question again - what are our goals for the coming term?

I think we should aim to catch up technically with surrounding nations - we're currently around six techs in the hole. We need to rectify this situation and hopefully the coming term will allow us the commercial ability to buy and reswearch everything we need to so we can catch up.

The coming term will not allow us these abilities, but instead our leadership.

Our President has opened only three threads this term: a Long Term Slider discussion (which seems to have gone mostly ignored), a pitch for a land sale sidegame, and this thread.

Why was the advice from the Slider Strategy thread not taken? Can we expect more involvement from the President should he be elected in Term 2?

Everything is going okay at best, although I must say that it takes extreme talent to screw things over this early. Term 2 will likely be the most important, and we can't handle any more mistakes. We have to crush our shortcomings, or risk complete distruction.

Also, I'd still like to know where everyone is getting the free beer from.

Top Bottom