Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization > Civ3 - Completed Modpacks

Notices

Civ3 - Completed Modpacks Modpack creators can post their completed creations here.
Please don't open a new thread if you don't have file to post! This rule also applies to ALL other files forums. Use the main Creation forum for questions & requests.

Old Oct 04, 2005, 11:10 AM   #1
cfeyyaz
Chieftain

New Rules for CivConquest

I was working for that for years. What I did, is to play the game and see the mistakes in the game (of course in my glance) and tried to solve the problem. And I did some interesting improvements. I will write the modifications but İ won't be remember all of them because I have already forgotten the original rules. Note that there is no map for this scenario so you can choose a random map or I will maybe give some interesting world maps in the future.
So my modifications:

Civilizations:
-Some nation powers are changed.
Units:
-Improved gunpowder units attack, which means you can attack with rifleman or infantry but still they have better defense.
-Modern units are made stronger that it is much more harder to be beaten when they are fighting with ancient units.
-Knights have better attack, which completely overwhelmes ancient units (5/3)
-Medieval inf has the att./def 3/3. Truth be told this change wasn't quite necessary.
-Longbowman has defense rating 2.
-You can't upgrade the infantry to mechanized inf. because I think foot units play an important role in battle.
-Armored units are somewhat more expensive again for the same reason.
-Cavalary can be upgraded to tank.
-Medieval foot units can be upgraded to rifleman.
-Caravel has the attack-defense 2/2 which may cause more naval battle in the middle ages.
-Frigates are stronger than caravels.
-Medieval naval units can be upgraded to destroyers.
-Modern naval units are much more stronger.
-All Artillery units have lethal land bombardment. The unit "Artillery" has also lethal sea bombardment.
-Medieval ships have lethal sea bombardment. Destroyers, Battleships etc. have also lethal land bombardment.
-Bombers have lethal land bombardment.
-Unique units are also change parallel to other units.

Resources and Terrain:
-Nearly all resources' bonus were changed. Especially silk gold and gems have quite much commerce bonus.
-Important: Flood plain has food 2 but when irrigated it gives 4 food each turn.

City Improvements:
-Fishstore: Electronics- gives extra food for each sea square (like harbor)
-Museum: Flight- Culture 5
-Printworks: Printing Press- %50 more scientific research
-Palace is much cheaper

Wonders of Worlds
I created some wonders that easy to build and gets tourist attraction in the future.
-The Large Temple-Mystism 2 content faces
-Obelix-Masonry 2 content faces
-TOTGOW (Temple of the God of War) Polytheism- slight defensive bonus+1 content face
-MAthematicians School- Mathematics- Same effect with the Library

New Wonder: Naval Academy: Combustion- produces a destroyer every 5 turns.

Note: I forget to tell some other modifications, because I cant keep all of them in mind. Iwill write them here:
-Minimum # research turn is 1. So you dont need to wait too long when you are resarching cheap technologies. Also maximum # research turn is 50.

New Version:I solved the problem that, you can't upgrade a Horsemen to a unique Knight (For Example Keshik). I did small modifications in upgrading path so there is no problem anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modified_v1.01.zip (29.8 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by cfeyyaz; Oct 06, 2005 at 02:21 AM.
cfeyyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2005, 01:23 PM   #2
Padma
the InBond

Moderator Action: Moved to Completed Modpacks. It strikes me as more a mod, than a scenario.

1st Lieutenant, USAF (Retired)
Registered Linux User #233241
My View Ramblings of a Professional Computer Geek-- My Blogs.
Padma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2005, 01:36 PM   #3
cfeyyaz
Chieftain

Sorry, you are right
cfeyyaz is offline   Reply With Quote