Posting bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
To post a bug report, please do the following:

1. Check the forums first to see if the bug has already been posted!

2. Write the bug report in the following way:

a. Write the title of the bug. (i.e., "Game crashes when the user clicks 'X'".

b. Write the steps to reproduce the bug. It should look like this:

1. Load the game.
2. Choose a single player game.
3. Select Persia and press x."

c. Write what you observed. (i.e., "The game crashes").

d. What you expected to happen. (i.e., "The game should show the Civilization info for that civ)

Note - this isn't a real bug, it's an example. ;)

To post screenshots, you can either attach them, or use the file upload link at the bottom of the forum.

Have a bug? Either (a) post a link to a thread WITH REPRODUCEABLE STEPS or (b) post it in this thread WITH REPRODUCEABLE STEPS).

How to Upload Screenshots / Saves

1. Go to the Upload Page

At the bottom of the forum page, you'll see the following bar:

(colors dependent on your forum style)

Click on the "Upload File" link and it'll bring up the upload page. Note the limit is 3 MB / file, and there are restricted file types. You can always zip files that aren't allowed on their own (Python files, etc.).

2. Upload Your File

Once you are at the upload page, hit "Browse" and search your computer for your file. Once you found it, hit "Open" to exit out of the Browse dialog and your file will appear in the box next to Browse. Then hit "Upload".

3. Finding Your File

When your file uploads, it will have a congratulation screen. Hit the link to go to the uploads10 folder, where current uploads are stored. This folder changes every few months when it gets big, so keep an eye out on this.

When you are at the uploads10 folder, it will list all the uploads, in the order of their upload date. Newest ones are first. Your file will be at the top, along with some stats about it. Right click it, and select "Copy Link Location" (I use Firefox - that is what it says for me. If you use Internet Explorer, it is "Copy Shortcut"). This will copy the file's URL.

4. Posting your File

This is the fun part. If your file is an image, you will use the following text:
[img]http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/yourfile.jpg[/img]

Save images as jpg - they save space yet are pretty decent. BMPs take up tons of space. Also, that is civfanatics.NET, not civfanatics.COM - the .NET is where files are stored, the .COM is where the forums and homepage is.

If your file is something else (a ZIP, a save file, etc.), use this code:
[url=http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/yourzipfile.zip]Displayed Text (Like "My Zip File")[/url]

You can have up to 10 images in your posts. If you have any questions, or feel I've forgotten something, feel free to ask here.

Moderator Action: CT's old post deleted, new information added - Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom