Civ4 Creation & Customization Artists Index

WildWeazel

Carthago Creanda Est
If you have C&C skills and plan to mod Civ4, post ONCE in this thread with the information listed below. DO NOT post in this thread if you are not posting this information. If anything changes, EDIT your post. DO NOT make multiple posts as updates.

There are a lot of people interested in modding Civ4. They have different skills, to varying degrees. Some are available for requests, while some are booked. This thread is a place for prospective modders to post some information about themselves so that other people can find help. If you plan to mod Civ4, please post the following information:

1. Your skills*
2. What you are currently working on
3. Your to-do list
4. Your preferred theme, if applicable (ie, fantasy)
5. Whether you are open to requests, or when you will be
6. Preferred method of communication (PM, email, etc)
You may also want to include a preview of, or link to, some of your work.

*Specifically, what type of modding you specialize in:
Units
Leaderheads
Misc. Graphics- 2D/3D
Mod Design
Scenario Design
Maps
Reference/Research
Text
Sounds
XML
Python
C++

thanks to subbss for the idea :thumbsup:

Skills: Mod/Scenario Design in 6 other TBS games, AI Programming, Database work, XML, Misc Graphics (2D)
Current: Various resources, X-Mod, Godzilla, Hawaii (all for Civ3)
To-do: Descent: Finish all scenarios/mods for civ3, learn Python, C++, 3D graphics and Civ4 nuances/capabilities
Theme: An epic mod, Godzilla 2, and anything else I like
Availability: no requests ATM, but I will answer questions
Communication: PM, IM, or Email.

Skills: Have no modding experience, but I've benn playing Civ for years, can do C, C++ (my strongest language), C#, VBasic, HTML, some database and XML (brushing up), and starting to learn Python.
Currently working on: just getting started
To-do list: Warhammer mod for Civ4
Preferred theme: historical and fantasy
Open to requests: yes, I'm new, but I'm a fast learner.
Preferred method of communication: email

Skills: Mod Design, Text, XML, C++
Currently working on: My own fantasy mod (Arcane Imperium) and some tools.
To-do list: Top thing on my list at the moment is to find a way to organize the XML files more legibly; either with an MFC app or with XSL, once I study up on that. After that I need to get used to Python.
Preferred theme: None, really. I've made mods in the past for fantasy, historical, and sci-fi scenarios.
Open to requests: Limited. I have a major class for the next 5 months that will be taking a large chunk of my time, and most of my time with Civ4 is going to be devoted to my own mod, but I am open to small requests.
Preferred method of communication: PM, please.

Skills:
C/C++/C#, Professional
Python, Professional
XML, Medicore (at the moment)

Currently working on:
Getting the Game to Europe.
Adding, WMD, Tactical Nukes,Biological and Chemical Weapons. in diffrent degrees to the "normal" game.
On a larger scale. Adding a more dynamic upgradeability for units. fx. You can spend x credtis on making the unit able to figth in a biological toxic enverioment, and stuff like that. basicly expanding the current system.
I will probaly need the the SDK to do this.

To-do list:
Get the Game to Europe (4th of November) :(

Open to requests:
Yes, My mod probably wont take long too do.

Skills: Text, XML, Graphics (limited), and some Python (map scripting)
Currently working on: Map scripts, game speed
To-do list: Making a better epic game - adjusting rules, settings, maps, and other misc. items.
Preferred theme: Historical, realistic
Open to requests: Not really but it depends. I usually work for myself, but if other people like it I will distribute it.
Preferred method of communication: PM

Skills: Text, XML, Python
Currently Working On: Interface, Advisor Tweaks
To-Do List: ummm, reveal some more functions to python
Preferred Theme: None
Requests: ummm, depends on what it is. Requests along the currently working on or to do list will get priority.
Comms: PM or email

1. 3d modeller (3ds max/poser 6)
2. What you are currently working on-:Dawn of War:lol:
3. Your to-do list- whatever takes my fancy
4. Your preferred theme, if applicable (ie, fantasy)- None
5. Whether you are open to requests, or when you will be- Maybe when sdk is released
6. Preferred method of communication (PM, email, etc)-PM

1. 3d modeling...though I'm not the greatest at it yet
2. Unreal Tournament 2004...and soon civ 4
3. replacement models for existing buildings
4. don't have one
5. probably not unless I get a more advanced knowledge of modeling and the game engine
6. pm

1: C++, XML, Python (still learning but I'm a fast learner)
2: Just playing around and experimenting right now
3: Nothing
4: Historical/Realistic maybe fantasy
5: I'm pretty busy with school now but might work on small requests and any questions
6: PM

Skills:
Professional: C# 5yrs; Perl 2yrs; Java 1yr; Python code maintaner; XML 6mo/learning
Schooled w/o work experience: Ada '95; C++; Basic
Working on: Civ 4 XML editor; Phase: Researching
To-Do: lots
Theme: N/A
open to requests: yes
Preferred method of communication: PM or e-mail

*Specifically, what type of modding you specialize in:
XML
Python
C++

1. Mod/Scenario Design, Reference/Research, XML (improving)
2. Working on: TRYING TO GET THE GAME!
3. 1. Get the Game. 2. Play. Start testing little things. Start creating the Medieval Europe Mod.
4. Ancient/Medieval, Latin America, Napoleonic Wars.
5. Request? As soon I get the game.
6. PM

Skills: Mod Design, Scenario Design, Reference, Text, XML
Current Projects: Fremkit(Fremens for Civ4)
To-Do List: Haven't been around that long
Theme: Sci-Fi, 17th-20th century history
Avaliability: Not particularly

Skills: Mod and Scenario Design, Research, and working on XML (havent done much, but those are what i can do, since i definitely cant do graphics) i could also do some of the grunt work
Current Project:finish grasping Civ4 modding, Europe-1871
To-Do List:learn programming languages
Theme: 19th century Europe, WWI, know lots of sci-fi universes
Open to Requests: yes, on most days
Contact: E-mail or PM (best chance on PM would be 1bcciv.com, since i only come here but so often)

1.Units,Leaderheads,Misc. Graphics- 2D/3D,Mod Design,Maps,Reference/Research,Text,Sounds
2.Nothing yet
3.None yet
4.Historical
5.Yes I am always open
6.PM,E-mail

Skills: Experienced proffesional developer in a variant of the gaming industry, various programming languages including C++, homegrown scripting languages, C, assembly. Have gotten a pretty good grasp of XML and Python as they are fairly obvious thankfully.
Current: Working on some stuff for my own job. Rooting for the game to ever be released in the UK. Getting my personal machine ready for PHP.
To-do: Tap fingers on desk waiting for the game.... I've got some PHP to learn as I will probably be helping some friends modify/upgrade their message board. Finish up asap the project at my job that people actually pay me for so that I will have spare time to work on Civ IV.
Theme(s): Non-applicable. I plan on working on interface mods and game balanced mods. These will mostly be independent of any themes or apply to the generic game.
Availability: Well, the mods I want to hop onto will likely require the SDK. This will require some investigation to verify that indeed they can't be done at the XML/Python level, which in turn will require me to have the game, which I'm not confidant of getting anytime soon because I live in the UK. So no requests right now, but if I ever do get the game and the changes I want to do do indeed require the SDK, I might be available work on small game balancing issues until the SDK is released.
Communication: In this forum would be best. Anything detailed can be taken to PM or email later on.

1. Skills: Mainly units/skins however I do alittle of everything
2. Working on: WW1ish C4 Mod
3. To-do list: Skins for several existing units
4. Preferred theme: History (in other words not fantasy)
5. Requests: I take them but availability of time is subject to change
6. Communication: PM

How can you guys already know how you will contribute ? The game has been out less than a week :lol:

*Unit reskinning.*

I know I'll probably do something but I'll see what when I'll get the game.

I'll reserve this spot, if we can add original units, I'll find a way to get the necessary programs and my unit creation skills will be availabe here.

Top Bottom