My New Computer.

British Agent

Chieftain
I am thinking of buying a new computer. And before I do I want to make abosolutely sure that Civ IV will work on it. Can you please tell me if this one can support the game. I'm not that good with computers as you can see. :blush:

Dimension E510
Versatile Entertainment PC

HIGHLIGHTS:
Ultra quiet, this desktop features high-speed processing for seamless multimedia. Connecting peripherals such as cameras, printers or MP3 players is easy with multiple USB ports and optional 9 in 1 Media card reader

Processor
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB)
Specifications - Processor

Memory
256 MB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 400MHz SDRAM

80GB4 Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst CacheTM

Graphics
Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelator 950

256 MB of RAM seems a little light... are you sure those are the specs... also... that appears to be a newer version of the Intel On Board chips [which prolly will work]... but an ATI or NVIDIA graphics card is nearly always better...

i have that graphics card and when i do the system requirements test it says it doesnt support TnL... however i have seen a couple people that have that card say it works on their system... lemme know haha

If you choose to buy that PC however you can upgrade both of those questionable areas... 1 GB of RAM is about 100 american dollars... a passable video card is 75-125 dollars... a good one anywhere from 150-350+

Dump the onboard graphics, go for a Nvidia GeForce 6600 or better. The cards are around $100 these days.

At least 512MB ram, 1GB is even better.

If you're going to buy a new computer, might as well buy one which will last :)

wow, what you dont realize about this computer is that not only is it serial ATA (which is faster and better then normal IDE) its also pci express, the prescott 630 is a 64 bit processor, so for you this means that you dont have to worry about future upgrades as developers are quickly moving to support it, and furhtermore video cards are far better on it (SLI and Crossfire technology) this is definatly a good computer and the price of a 256mb card isnt that big a deal (usually like 40 bucks)

Top Bottom