Cheat Code (help with the world-builder...)

Soren Johnson

Game Designer
some of you may have noticed 'CheatCode=0' in the ini file. If you want to enable it, the cheat code is 'chipotle'. This enables various cheat options (doesn't work in mp, though).

The reason we are posting this is that it fixes the various issues with the world-builder (like not being able to place units in areas in the fog-of-war and the minimap being wrong) if you have it set.

Damn I just registered cuz I had the brilliant idea of modding warriors so they could see the entire map to workaround the problem. This seems much easier though. :goodjob:

Just to be completely clear, you're saying change "cheat=0" in the ini file to "cheat=chipotle" right?

"chipotle"? who comes up with such cheat codes...?

;-)

Chipotle-A ripe jalapeño pepper that has been dried and smoked for use in cooking.

I guess they were hungry when they thought it up. O.o

Xineoph said:
Chipotle-A ripe jalapeño pepper that has been dried and smoked for use in cooking.

social re-engineering of game devs is too easy ;-)

in the directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

Double-click _Civ4Config

NOTE: this will fail if you have "Hide protected operating system files" and/or "Do not show hidden files/folders" turned on, in Windows Explorer (this can be changed under Tools, Folder Options, View Tab). The reason it fails is because the file is a .ini, which WindowsXP considers a System File that could be harmful to the operation of Windows if it is improperly modified (therefore it won't let you edit it, by default)

Xineoph said:

It must have been during a pizza break (supplied by the company) - for those still working after hours. I used to work for an American company in the UK and that is what they did - with lots of colas and doctor pepper. :)

Xineoph said:

Actually, I think it refers to the burrito restaurant of the same name which Trip [the Firaxian] seemed to refer to in his post. Someone needs to take the Firaxis guys to a Moe's or Willy's [both better burrito chains in part because they're not owned by bloody McDonalds].

Been to both, neither compare with the Chipotle goodness. :p Plus Chipotle comes from Colorado, my state of origin. ;)

What does it allow you to do, in terms of single-play gaming? I'm too lazy to do it, and since I don't often use cheat options ever, I'm not feeling like unlocking it till I get time off essays to play with the worldbuilder.

Top Bottom