Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions

Notices

Civ4 - General Discussions Forum for general Civilization IV discussions including Warlords and Beyond the Sword (BTS) expansions.

Old Nov 05, 2005, 12:16 PM   #1
Harry Haller
Warlord

Resource trading / finding garrisoned units

Two questions:

1. When you have the opportunity to trade resources with another civ, you will see a list of resources available for trade, and a number. For example:

Silk 1
Gold 1
Furs 2

Does the number refer to excess production of the resource, after your own use is taken into account? Or is it your total production of the resource? For example, if you see "Iron 1" and you offer a trade for iron, are you trading away your only iron, or excess iron?

2. Is there some way to review the units that you have garrisoned in the different cities? I Civ 3 (and in SMAC for that matter) you could see a list of all of your cities that showed the units stacked in each one. In Civ 3, you could also see your armies and great leaders. I can't find anything similar here.
Harry Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2005, 12:19 PM   #2
DeathsHead
Chieftain

1. I cant say for sure, Im not a big trader type.

2. mousing over a city shows you what units are in there, it appears on the left side of your screen.
DeathsHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2005, 12:32 PM   #3
warpstorm
Yumbo? Yumbo!

It is total production. If you trade one that has a 1 beside it you no longer have it.

There is also the military advisor screen that can be used to find units.