BeBear's Earth Map v1.0 (124x51, 75% size of originals)

bebear

Chieftain
BeBear's Earth Map

Why this map? if you play vanllina 124*68 Earth Map with 1G memory, you will find that performence will be totally unplayable in late game...

This map is base on the Rhye's 18civs Earth map. I use text editor to cut 17 tile, that's 25% area from north and south without scale down the earth, for playable performence in 1G memory in late game, and better reflecting the real world.

v1.04
- reduced to 13 civs, remove FRANCE, ARABIA, SPAIN, MALI, AZTEC

v1.03
- fix bug in v1.02 that using wrong leader name of Washington

v1.02
- add AGGRESSIVE_AI (hope not so easy to make friends with AI)
- add RAGING_BARBARIANS (hope they will not destroy AI at all)
- American leader set to WASHINGTON

v1.01
- change map status from huge to small, great increasing "large number penalty", and make many national wonder available to AI
- add NO_CITY_RAZING, if you don't like this, delete it yourself

v1.0
- 25% less size compare to original map by cutting north and south
- add 2 ocean tide near "Cape of Good Hope" to block coast moving between east and west
- delete 3 tile in south Australia

How to use? Put the Map in the folder: My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\Saves\WorldBuilder\

Attachments

• Bebear's Earth Map global view.JPG
    Bebear's Earth Map global view.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 5,379
  • BeBear's Earth Map v1_03.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,140
  • BeBear's Earth Map v1_04.zip
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,295
is really a hard work, had to use text editor to modify the map...

I'll give it a try. Huge maps have been giving my comp a hernia but maybe it can handle this one. Thanks for your efforts.

it sound great!

i have a question is it 75% bigger or 75% smaller???

updated to v1.01, the important change is “world size set to small"...now it's really not "the bigger the better"...

- add RAGING_BARBARIANS (hope they will not destroy AI at all)
Btw, does that also increase their quantity on map ?

Crash757 said:
Btw, does that also increase their quantity on map ?

I meaning that not test if AI will be crushed by barbarian horde with this setting, when playing the GREEK MOD, barbarian really destroy 1 minor AI.

cool map but i think india is a bit off to little and india is a bit "pointier"

and i don't understan what you did with the cape of good hope

hey is it posible to play this map(or any other downloaded map) in a hotseat game? I still havent figuered out how. Is there some special place i need to put the file?

when playing I have found that is no access to the Pacific from the eastern side
of the Americas. when you nest vist this map could you provide a route either
via around south america or a non historic Panama canal
This is a very good map by the way

Cobra Aus:goodjob:

bebear said:
- change map status from huge to small, great increasing "large number penalty", and make many national wonder available to AI - add NO_CITY_RAZING, if you don't like this, delete it yourself

How can I delete this?

Cobra Aus said:
when playing I have found that is no access to the Pacific from the eastern side
of the Americas. when you nest vist this map could you provide a route either
via around south america or a non historic Panama canal
This is a very good map by the way

Cobra Aus:goodjob:

I think in history, ships passing South America is not so important compare to passing South Africa, it's too far for EU to reach west side of America... and... unprofitable... when Spainish conquestor reach South America, they just landed from the east side...

Top Bottom