Welcome to Civilization Fanatics' Center.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By joining our free community, you will be able to participate in the discussions, search the forum, send private messages, vote in polls, upload your own screenshots to the gallery, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so sign up today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.
|Nov 27, 2005, 03:02 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2005
My problems since 1.09 came out
Here's what's been happening since I updated to 1.09:
- I can now start the game without having an mp3 file paused in winamp, but it complains not once, not twice, but 3 times that it's not possible to play sound.
- If I still have winamp open with an mp3 file, then the game's sound works fine
- Upon exiting the game, the civ4.exe file is using 240 MB RAM (is that normal?)
- my page file is 920 MB (also normal?)
- 4 minutes after exiting the program, the page file is finally down to a normal 220 MB (after contsant hard drive use, slowing down my computer)
- same 4 minute mark, the program civ4.exe finally exits
- If I were to have a game open in civ4, then decided to open another save, windows' page file gets so large that it gives a warning saying that windows has run out of memory, will have to resize the page file and in the mean time, deny memory requests to any applications that might want to make one, essentially causing civ4 to crash
- The video is slightly better, but gets gradually chopier
- The longer I play, the longer it takes to do things, essentially making each turn take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes (using the page file again)
And, because you're probably wondering, my specs:
P4 3GHz w/ HT
510 MB RAM
128 MB ATI Radeon Mobility 9100
80 GB HD
Are all of these experiences "normal"?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Problems with patch 1.09||Chris H||Civ4 - Technical Support||13||Dec 01, 2005 03:58 PM|
|All kinds of problems after 1.09||JRockford||Civ4 - Technical Support||10||Nov 29, 2005 07:32 PM|
|Still many problems after 1.09 ...||Cappella||Civ4 - Technical Support||0||Nov 26, 2005 09:57 PM|
|Problems with Patch 1.09||chastok||Civ4 - Bug Reports||3||Nov 25, 2005 11:03 PM|
|New Graphic Problems with 1.09||Lord Ainsbirth||Civ4 - Bug Reports||0||Nov 25, 2005 03:09 AM|