Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Game of the Month

Old Nov 28, 2005, 07:26 PM   #1
deadloss
Chieftain

Civ IV - Fame and Name In Writing for Ainwood

I don't know if Ainwood is the only one from our community to achieve his 'name in lights' but he's the only one I've come across so far to get a mention in the Civ IV Official Strategy Guide.

But anyway, congrats on that, Ainwood.

It has got to be pleasing to know that Firaxis/Take Two/2K Games/Brady Games/Infogrames (whoever it was at the time), were so forward-thinking and intelligent enough to consider using guys from websites like CivFanatics to test the game and use their feedback as tips.

Just for the record, the quote I refer to is:

"The resource-visibility toggle makes it much easier to see resources. Otherwise, these might be difficult to spot in some terrains - Ainwood."

Anyone else spot any quotes from our guys in it?
deadloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 07:50 PM   #2
ainwood
Watching.

Thanks for posting that - I didn't know those "tips" had actually been included! (although I hope there's better tips in the strategy guide than that one!)
ainwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:39 PM   #3
deadloss
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainwood
Thanks for posting that - I didn't know those "tips" had actually been included! (although I hope there's better tips in the strategy guide than that one!)
Can we expect anyone else's quotes in there but yours Ainwood..?
Anything from Peanut (and his merry band of Peanuts) or some of the other funny men?
deadloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Sadan01
Conical Flask

Pfeffersack has a quote or three in the guide as well. One I can remember is regarding submarines.

Ainwood has another, and I'll quote:

Quote:
Remember that you dont need to assign Promotions as soon as you get them; if you're on the offensive and can choose between City Raider or Cover, wait until you see the city defenses. Are they Spearmen or Archers? This should make the choice for you.
Makes sense to me!

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS

CaptainBinky: I have an amazing imagination, so not only can I imagine playing Civ in five years time, I can imagine playing it dressed like a chicken while riding a purple donkey.
Sadan01 is offline   Reply With Quote