How strongly do you feel about continuing / restarting?

What will be the effect of the continue/restart decision on your participation?

• I'm out of here if my side loses.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This poll is informational only, and might not even be used in any way. I'm just trying to gauge exactly where we are in terms of this game.

Question: How important to you is the continuing / restarting question? Will the result affect how you approach this game?

Answers:
  • I will continue participating in the DG no matter what happens, even if my "side" loses
  • My participation may suffer if my "side" loses, but I'll still be here and active
  • It won't make a big difference to my participation either way
  • I'm unlikely to be very active if my side loses
  • I'm out of here if my side loses.

Which one's the "I don't give a damn" option? To simplify my poistion in the crudest way possible.

What's the difference between options 1 and 3? Or maybe is 1 a subset of 3?

Since I would actually vote to play on, where is the "I'm out of here if my side wins" option? :D

DaveShack said:
@Strider - use option 3.

@Blkbird - You're right of course, 1 and 3 really do mean the same thing. :blush: Oh by the way, that's another shovel of dirt. :rolleyes:

Or maybe not. If you explain option 3 as the "I don't care either way" option, then the difference to option 1 is clear, which is basically "I do care either way".

Blkbird said:
Or maybe not. If you explain option 3 as the "I don't care either way" option, then the difference to option 1 is clear, which is basically "I do care either way".

Touche! (where's that key combination for e with an accent?)

Hey, if we try long enough we might train you to think like an idiot yet. :goodjob:

Course you won't get rid of me by just restarting the game! We're all in this together, restart or no. It's not like we lose EVERYTHING either if we restart...

You know, I hate to be the first person to take this road, but I think it deserves to be said...

I am a rather new participant to the demogames - I joined only about a month ago, but I'd like to think that my comments are valuable, and presented in such a way to make them so. I can certainly understand that there are a lot of "senior" players, who have been around a long time, through thick and thin. I can understand how they're willing to work things out to make sure they are right, and how very little would frustrate them so much as to push them away from the Demogame.

I, however, am not like that.

Quite frankly, I am sick of half the population trying to jump ship every time something goes wrong. It's rather alienating to say the least. At this rate, we'll have a restart/redo poll every couple of weeks, seriously delaying the game's progress. And if we do vote to restart on one of them, it won't be long before we end up with another restart/redo poll. Soon enough we'll be voting to roll back a few turns because a war didn't go in our favor. Where's the limit?

In real life, if something goes wrong, you can't just hit the Undo button and go back in time before it happened. Governments can't either - when JFK was assassinated, did the US just throw its hands in the air and give up? Starting over seriously damages the integrity of the game, and pushes new players away.

I joined the Demogame because I thought it would be fun, not because I wanted to start over every two weeks. Even though I haven't been around as long as most people here, I still have invested considerable time in this game. But every time we restart, all of that time I've invested gets thrown out the window. I'm sorry, but I have a very busy schedule, and I can't help but feel like my time will have been wasted if we just start over. My time is far too valuable for that.

If we restart, I may stick around, but I will be extremely leery of spending my time here in fear of it being wasted again...

Sigma said:
You know, I hate to be the first person to take this road, but I think it deserves to be said...

I am a rather new participant to the demogames - I joined only about a month ago, but I'd like to think that my comments are valuable, and presented in such a way to make them so. I can certainly understand that there are a lot of "senior" players, who have been around a long time, through thick and thin. I can understand how they're willing to work things out to make sure they are right, and how very little would frustrate them so much as to push them away from the Demogame.

I, however, am not like that.

Quite frankly, I am sick of half the population trying to jump ship every time something goes wrong. It's rather alienating to say the least. At this rate, we'll have a restart/redo poll every couple of weeks, seriously delaying the game's progress. And if we do vote to restart on one of them, it won't be long before we end up with another restart/redo poll. Soon enough we'll be voting to roll back a few turns because a war didn't go in our favor. Where's the limit?

In real life, if something goes wrong, you can't just hit the Undo button and go back in time before it happened. Governments can't either - when JFK was assassinated, did the US just throw its hands in the air and give up? Starting over seriously damages the integrity of the game, and pushes new players away.

I joined the Demogame because I thought it would be fun, not because I wanted to start over every two weeks. Even though I haven't been around as long as most people here, I still have invested considerable time in this game. But every time we restart, all of that time I've invested gets thrown out the window. I'm sorry, but I have a very busy schedule, and I can't help but feel like my time will have been wasted if we just start over. My time is far too valuable for that.

If we restart, I may stick around, but I will be extremely leery of spending my time here in fear of it being wasted again...

He's summed it up better than i could, if we restart im not just going to leave but my already weak participation will suffer even more.

I won't leave, and i will still particape as much, but still i would hate for the the last month to have been a waste. There are other solutions

Although, a new capital means a new capital name:)

No, no, no I will stick with my beleifs

What are my Beleifs?

:wallbash: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Sorry there, so to sum it up those who wish to restart are brain devouring aliens!

:joke:

Top Bottom