Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization

Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:06 PM   #1
DocTom
Chieftain

Health Units with lower polygon count?

Dear knowing modders ...

Some people (like me) play CIV on an otherwise quite powerfull laptop. As you know, these machines don't meet the minimum graphic requirements for CIV... and is kind of strange to play at 5 FPS on a small map (never ever tried a larger one ).

Even the lowres units contain a lot of details, that are only visible if viewed fully zoomed in. I am not an expert, but it is possible to reduce the memory (and CPU power) the game engine needs to render the units by reducing their polygon count and remove some textures? At least for untis that are used very often in large numbers (workers, cats, axes .. etc) a lower level of detail should yield a better performance.

Is this idea worthwhile to start working on it or is there some kind of wrong thinking on my side ?

Thanks for any help or answer ...

Tom
DocTom is offline   Reply With Quote