Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Macintosh

Old Feb 16, 2002, 11:48 AM   #1
mehab
Chieftain

Cannot Install

I just received Civ3 today for my G3 B&W. My system has 512MB of physical ram and I'm running OS 9.1, and when I try to install the game, I get a "Civilization 3 has quit because of an unexpected error" message. There aren't any programs running and I've followed all the instructions in the manual- this seems to be a rather paralyzing bug, and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to it. Thanks.
mehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2002, 12:40 AM   #2
wgh23
Chieftain

I have an iMac with 96 M of physical RAM and OS 9.0. I found that an extension conflict was causing the installation problem. I turned off Norton utilities and anti-virus and was then able to install. Good Luck.
wgh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:37 AM   #3
mehab
Chieftain

I changed my extension setup to the OS's base settings and it worked- thanks!
mehab is offline   Reply With Quote