Norway Mod

AndyTerry

Russian Bear
Norway Mod 1.1
Download

Description:
This mod adds Norwegian Empire to Sid Meier's Civilization IV as a playable civilization. Civ has flag, two leaders with unique AI, citylist and unique unit.

Installation info:
To install the mod, open an archive and extract it to [Your path to Civilization IV]\Mods\
In a game choose Advanced => Load a Mod => Norway Mod

Information:
Norwegian Empire

Starting techs: Hunting, Fishing

Leaders:
Haakon V (Expansive, Organized; favourite civic - Vassalage)
Olaf II (Aggressive, Spiritual; favourite civic - Organized Religion)

Unique Unit:
Viking (Replaces Axeman; Strength - 5, Movement - 1, Cost - 35, +30% City Attack, +50% with Melee units)

Supported Languages:
English, German, French

Credits:
XML Code, Design, Test - AndyTerry
Viking unit - C.Roland and Rabbit, White
Info research - Laze and AndyTerry

Mod was created after Laze's request

Images and texts were taken from open media sources

History:
v 1.1 (18 Apr)
- Remade to be compatible with 1.61 patch
- Viking unit is remade

v 1.0
- Initial release

(c) AndyTerry's Mods, 2006

Attachments

• norway_screen1.GIF
    norway_screen1.GIF
    171.8 KB · Views: 2,041
  • norway_screen2.GIF
    norway_screen2.GIF
    157.9 KB · Views: 2,088
I'm Norweigan (yay) and I greatly appreciate the mod, but do you realize that Vikings came from all over scandanavia in addition to never wearing helmets with horns?

Leif said:
I'm Norweigan (yay) and I greatly appreciate the mod
Leif said:
but do you realize that Vikings came from all over scandanavia
Yes, of course I realize it. Laze suggested Hirdmann, but I'm not a 3D modeller, and can't do it, and viking had been already done, and I used it.
Leif said:
in addition to never wearing helmets with horns?
I didn't know :( And modellers of unit (C.Roland and Rabbit, White) seem to be ignorant too. Sorry :(

Finally a norwegian civ! Thank you andyterry! This will go straight into my custom assets.. Superb!:banana:

I dont suppose you could add a more modern leader to the civ? :)

I have always thought that the historically correct UU for a viking civ would be a viking ship. Weaker than a trireme, but with the ability to ignore borders and follow rivers inland.

Tjokkis_II said:
I have always thought that the historically correct UU for a viking civ would be a viking ship. Weaker than a trireme, but with the ability to ignore borders and follow rivers inland.
It's impossible :(

Tjokkis_II said:
Serious? Horns where never ever worn on authentic Viking helmets.

Well ofcourse they wheren't, but a horned helmed is the worlds best symbolize of a viking. And you'll see that there is a version without hornedhelmets, eventhough i think the horned version should be used because it is made so good.

that UU is greatly overpowered. 6 str AND 10 % city attack??? Give me a break, its swordman with 50% melee attack and difference in cost between the 2 is nonexistant...

acidsatyr said:
that UU is greatly overpowered. 6 str AND 10 % city attack??? Give me a break, its swordman with 50% melee attack and difference in cost between the 2 is nonexistant...
Now I realize it... Sorry, I so used to do new units for 20 century, where differs between units are more. I will fix this problem in an upcoming version.

Why not just call the UU a Bezerk?

A bezerk (or bezerker) was one who channeled the rage, power, and emotions of an animal, such as a bear or a wolf. I think the vikings rock, I'm Norweigan myself, but vikings were a culture, almost their own civ, not just a special type of soldier.

Top Bottom