Norwegian Football Thread #4.

thetrooper

Misanthrope
:yup: It's back!

Links to the previous ones:

Norwegian Football Thread #1
Norwegian Football Thread #2
Norwegian Football Thread #3

Well, #3 kinda died last year, but we try again. :)

The results of the first round:

Sunday 9/4:

Stabæk - Sandefjord 0-0
Lillestrøm - Rosenborg 3-3
Vålerenga - Odd Grenland 0-0
Start - Lyn 0-0
Ham-Kam - Viking 0-0
Molde - Tromsø 3-1

Monday 10/4:

Fredrikstad - Brann 1-1

Many draws! :eek:

I expect Lillestrøm and Rosenborg to fight for the title this year.

Many draws indeed.

I dont really know what Lillestrøm has done to make them such canditates for the title this year, but i havent really been paying attention. My guess is tough that Rosenborg will be back this year, and i can picture them dominating completly. Most experts seem to agree tough that VIF wont win it again, not really sure why tough. I also think Sandefjord will bounce right back down, but im not so sure about the rest. Ham Kam seems to be tipped for relegation, but they have bought a lot of players and if they hit it off they can stay upp i think. I think Odd might struggle, they havent really improved their Squad and theyve lost Occean.

And ofcourse my local team Vågå I.L is having a go at 3. division again this year. After going straight back up from 4 again i hope they can survive this year. 2 years ago they went down on goal difference, the lost their 8 last games, thats unbelivable. But it shows that we should have the potential to stay up, even tough Dagbladet belives we're gonna finnish last.

And i expect the Trooper or Ciplot to keep the tabel uppdated ;)

P.S What do you guys think about Start's chances this year? Another season in the top of the league or are they going to come crashing down? I dont know why but i have a feeling that their gonna crash face down in a brick wall :hmm:

Volum said:
I dont really know what Lillestrøm has done to make them such canditates for the title this year, but i havent really been paying attention.

Sheer stamina!

Volum said:
I also think Sandefjord will bounce right back down, but im not so sure about the rest. Ham Kam seems to be tipped for relegation, but they have bought a lot of players and if they hit it off they can stay upp i think. I think Odd might struggle, they havent really improved their Squad and theyve lost Occean.

Almost every team 'cept RBK, Lyn, VIF, Viking and LSK will fight really hard to avoid relegation this year.

Volum said:
And i expect the Trooper or Ciplot to keep the tabel uppdated ;)

We'll see to that, but I'm afraid that Cilpot is lost... :cry:

No table for this round though, it's too boring. ;)

Volum said:
P.S What do you guys think about Start's chances this year? Another season in the top of the league or are they going to come crashing down? I dont know why but i have a feeling that their gonna crash face down in a brick wall :hmm:

Start = Ephemeroptera. ;)

I hope that's enough to lure Vraslosken over here.

classical_hero said:
There is only one team I know and that is Rosenberg.

Hang around and we'll teach ya. ;)

Fredrikstad is my hometown and my favorite team.

Lyn and Vålerenga; teams from our capital Oslo.

Tromsø: Cilpot's favorite (and hometown IIRC).

Rosenborg: Lord Sankra's favorite.

Ahh, a thread about the wonders of Norwegian football :)

I think this season will be fun - many teams should have a fair chance at getting the title. However, I believe Rosenborg has the upper hand. Now they have a skilled and confident coach in Høgmo, and many good players in the squad. It will be fun to see if the African player Kone will be a success.

My team is Vålerenga :)D), but to be honest, I don't think they will win this season too. They lack a skilled goalgetter IMO.

I'm looking forward to the next round. Rosenborg - Start and Lyn - Vålerenga will be two exciting matches.

Who do you think will be the topscorer at the end of the season? I place my bets at Daniel Nannskog, with Olivier Occean and Ole Martin Årst as 2. and 3.

Olav said:
Who do you think will be the topscorer at the end of the season? I place my bets at Daniel Nannskog, with Olivier Occean and Ole Martin Årst as 2. and 3.

Ole Martin Årst, Frode Johnsen or Daniel Braaten. I'm skeptic about Nannskog.

Monday 17/4:

TIL - Stabæk 0-1
Odd - Molde 0-0
Lyn - VIF 2-1
Sandefjord - Ham-Kam 2-1
Viking - FFK 1-1
RBK - Start 3-0

Tuesday 18/4:

Brann - LSK 1-1

Code:
RBK         2 6-3 4 
Molde       2 3-1 4 
Lyn         2 2-1 4 
Sandefjord  2 2-1 4 
Stabæk      2 1-0 4 
LSK         2 4-4 2 
Brann       2 2-2 2 
FFK         2 2-2 2 
Viking      2 1-1 2 
Odd         2 0-0 2 
VIF         2 1-2 1 
Ham-Kam     2 1-2 1 
Start       2 0-3 1 
TIL         2 1-4 0

Can you say 'draw'? 9 out of 14 matches so far...

:mischief:

Impressive start by Sandefjord and Stabæk! Ditto lousy for VIF, Start and TIL.

Ach. Vålerenga could use a goalgetter like that :(

Go Brann! :dance: I don't really think they'll do too well this season, though.. The squad is way too weak and narrow, and they depend too much on two or three players.. (who also have a nasty habit of getting injured) So I'm guessing Rosenborg will win again this year, with Brann coming in 4th or 5th.

:lol: I'm studying here. It goes without saying that I'm a member of "Heia bortelaget". ;) (An "organization" for people who dislike Rosenborg. At every match, they get together at the stadium and cheer for whatever team they are playing against)

Sunday 23/4:

Stabæk - Odd 1-1
Sandefjord - TIL 1-0
Ham-Kam - FFK 3-1 :mad:
VIF - RBK 0-0
Molde - Lyn 0-1
LSK - Viking 3-1

Monday 24/4:

Start - Brann 0-1

Code:
Lyn        3 3-1 7 
Sandefjord 3 3-1 7 
RBK        3 6-3 5 
LSK        3 7-5 5 
Brann      3 3-2 5 
Stabæk     3 2-1 5 
Ham-Kam    3 4-3 4 
Molde      3 3-2 4 
Odd        3 1-1 3 
VIF        3 1-2 2 
FFK        3 3-5 2 
Viking     3 2-4 2 
Start      3 0-4 1 
TIL        3 1-5 0

The negative trend continues for Start. Utterly pathetic performance by my team - Fredrikstad. Lillestrøm is up next, I guess that 'we' drop to the bottom next round... :(

Finally Brann won again! :) Their away statistics are absolutely pathetic. :shake: Hopefully this will change this season.

Volum said:
Am i the only one slightly annoyed that already now the media are talking about "cirsis" in Start, its been 3 games!

Slightly annoyed? I'm euphoric. Will never forget how they behaved when our man broke his neck last year...

Volum said:
Im more worried about TIL tough, dont think Nordmark might have been the smartest move. I dont really like him, think hes overrated

He is overrated. Period.

Top Bottom