GRAPHICS: Genghis Khan Animated Leaderhead

ccm01

Chieftain
Description:
This modification replaces Ghandi of India with the Mongolian leader Genghis Khan. Only the PCX and FLC files have been changed. If you desire to use this modification, you will have to edit the civ3mod.bic yourself to change the Indian civilization's name to Mongolia and the leader's name to Genghis Khan. THIS MOD DOES NOT CREATE THE MONGOLIAN CIVILIZATION. The facial expression changes are very subtle, but are accurate reflections of the leader's mood. I also opted to not make modifications to the images to represent the four different time periods in the game (this will come later if I become more motivated).

Installation:
Please back up your files before using this. If you blow up your machine after installing this, don't blame me (as you were advised to back up your files). To use, simply extract and copy the contents of the archived folders into the corresponding folders in the Civilization III\Art directory (i.e. Khan\Advisors\GH_all.pcx to ...\Civilization III\Art\Advisors) and say "Yes" to overwrite the existing files.

You can download it from my site:

http://ccm01.sphosting.com

or as an attachment here.

Enjoy.

ccm01

Attachments

• khan10.ace
    428.4 KB · Views: 1,026
keeping to the WW2 theme, how about Franco for Spain?

I am finishing up my current leader, Napoleon. Once finished with it, I will then begin work on Franco as per your request.

Thanks for the interest in my project.

ccm01

O thank you very much, your work is amazing.

Here is a sample image for those who are interested...

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 4,175
Cleo has to go! We want Ramses II.

There could be many replacements for Elizabeth.

NO MORE MAO!! I suggest Sun Yat-sen, or Li Yuan, who ruled as Emperor Gaozu in the great Tang Dynasty. We have to dump Mao.
Chiang Kai-shek was too much of a crook to be considered.

Could you make Philip II(Felipe) for Spain? I don't want to play a fascist and Philip really ruled Spain in its heydays.

Nice work.... I think it was a total failure by Firaxis not including the Mongols in civ 3 so thx for the leader head it makes it possible playing with Mongols with good graphics

Great work !
I have already downloaded some of your other leaderheads.
They are all terrific.
I anticipate the Spanish leader. I myself prefer the more modern leaders of World War II - present.
I realize you have your hands full, probably with requests but here goes nothing........I have attached a leaderhead image maybe you can use. It would be very useful in my own mod.

Attachments

• copy of big ariel sharon.jpg
    copy of big ariel sharon.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,481
Hi .... I am fairly new to mods and i was hoping someone can help me. I want to change the persian xerses to an mogolian ruler name .... well i change the name and the associated words like persia persians ect and save the file but when i try to start a new game it says" invalid ruleset canf find default ruleset reinstall civilization 3".What am i doing wrong or cant i change this at all.
Help a girl out here. Thx Eva

ps...I did this in wordpad ...Do i need a special program?

Don't fully agree on dropping Mao ... he's an OK choice .... If not Mao, than most appropriate IMHO is Shihuanti, the first emperor of China, the one who united the country, started work on the Great Wall, standardised the language and weights and measures, etc. China is what it is today because of him more than any leader in its 5,000 year history.

what is a .ace document? I was hoping to use this graphic...

ace file ;) it is kinda like .zip and .rar

you need WinAce to use it, you can find it free somwhere on the net

Hey I cant reach your site. Is it down?

can someone who has winace or has this leader already some other way, can you please post this unit in a .zip? I don't want to install winace because it has crappy reviews on downloads.com, and I don't want to press my luck with my already crappy system.

One more question: The leaderhead actually doesn't appear to be animated in the game, maybe some FLC problem? Could anyone fix this?

it is animated Look very closely at the eyes and mouth.

Not as animated as the base civ3 ones, but at least it is animated.

GIDustin

Can anyone please convert these images into flics for me?
Would be most grateful !

Attachments

• saparmuradniyazov.gif
    saparmuradniyazov.gif
    74 KB · Views: 1,005
Top Bottom