"The DaVinci Code" actor calls for a disclaimer...

Turner

Deity
Retired Moderator
...On the Bible! :eek:
A "Da Vinci Code" cast member added fuel to the firestorm when he said the Bible should carry a disclaimer. Actor Ian McKellen made the statement during an NBC "Today Show" interview after Matt Lauer asked whether the movie should have a disclaimer saying it is fiction. "Well, I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction," McKellen said. "I mean, walking on water, it takes an act of faith. And I have faith in this movie. Not that it's true, not that it's factual, but that it's a jolly good story. And I think audiences are clever enough and bright enough to separate out fact and fiction, and discuss the thing after they've seen it."

Not me. It takes up space on my news pages. Though I guess they're competing with Katie and Angelina.

Sigh. Stupid opiate of the masses ...

Ian McKellen is gay so he's going to 'Hell' anyway right? :mischief:

Oh man, this is turning into another "Last Temptation Of Christ" hubbub. Actually, I've often wondered how many of my pious friends from high school have kept their word to never see another movie made by Universal.

Only in the US would anyone care what about an actors opinion on the Bible. Possibiliy a couple of people in the Vatican too but I doubt any one else gives a...

The Last Conformist said:
Does one have to chose?
Well, I kinda like Hollywood. Movies offer an excellent oppurtnity to consume unhealthy amounts of disgustingly delicious movie theater popcorn.

Hillarious, another reason to like Ian McKellan as well as the fact that he plays Gandalf and Magneto superbly.

Kayak said:
Thats great! Make mine a double while you're at it.
At what? :eek:

Top Bottom