[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hi Kael and team, Good job on the mod so far, am really enjoying playing it.

1 Question. If i want to install 2 021 would i have to install all patches or just patch "c".? If so where can i find patches "a" - "c".
thx

Mat :crazyeye:

Hi Kael and team, Good job on the mod so far, am really enjoying playing it.

1 Question. If i want to install 2 021 would i have to install all patches or just patch "c".? If so where can i find patches "a" - "c".
thx

Mat :crazyeye:

The patches are cumulative. You only need "c".

There are a couple of races that have a unique ability for most/all of their units (Elves, dwarves, clan). But the elves get an elven settler, and the dwarves just get a plain-old vanilla settler. :confused: It just doesn't seem fair.

Ave,

Besides a little bug in the loading with the patch b/c, I've just succeded to play a game with .021-c.

As far as now I thank you all (kael and the other guys) for the excellent work you have done! Expecially for the improvement about the AI interaction and behaviour: they work more realistic (assuming realism for a fantasy scenario). I also noticed a few things that may be usefull:

1) Acheron didn't move anymore from his city.

2) Doviello declare war against me (the weakest good civ) but didn't go into combat or razed my improvements. Maybe it's just a coincidence..

3) playing with large map-monarch-classical-epic-13civ-low bonuses (6evils with Ashen from the year 70, 4 good, 2 neutral) the AC counter arrived at 40 around the year 300. This mean that just as I've started to make my empire work (10 cities, 5 at 10-12 size) the AC destroyed almost everything i've fight for (agaisnt barb or other evil civ). My point is: how exactly works the AC, there is something I can do to decrease it considerably? I've killed nearly 50 av units and rasez 5 av cities but this just wasn't enough. In my opinion, in a large-monarch-13civs games the AC is raising too fast (it's just my opinion)..

4) around year 150 jonas endain declared war against sheelba (both with av religion) and not against two weaker and nearer good civs in the area (beeri and varn). This can be interesting (war between orc's clan) but a little bit odd in a good vs evil scenario..

5) besides I provided 6 civs with av religion and tech from the year 70, at the year 350 the haven't researched yet the infernal pact

6) last but not leat, araound year 350 I reported a lot of MAF problem.. but this can be a problem regarding only my PC

This was just my first game with .021 c, so this is only one-game report.. I hope these considerations may be usefull.. and I beg your pardon because of my english..

thank you all guy and keep up the good work!!

ave :salute:

3) Razing cities increases apocalypse
so razing AV cities is also "bad". Try capturing them and use priests or inquisitors to spread in AV cities (will remove AV and put in order and its temple)

And use a cheat ;) make polution with one wizards, and clear it with other/same wizard. This lowers AC.

There are a couple of races that have a unique ability for most/all of their units (Elves, dwarves, clan). But the elves get an elven settler, and the dwarves just get a plain-old vanilla settler. :confused: It just doesn't seem fair.

hehe, i actually started working on the settler unit about last christmas (when i created most of the other newer dwarven units too), but it never was completed, because I went over to create other stuff (ok, to be true I simply was not keen on modelling a dwarven woman and child ;) )...

But if i ever find time for it, they will definitely get a unique settler unit and a unique... you know, almost everything will get unique, it just takes time ;)

All civs can get elf, dwarf and orcslayer promotions. But there is no humanslayer promo. Is that realy fair?
I mean why should ljosalfars be experts at killing other elfs? Ok, there is svartalfar, but....

elves have elven promo
dwarves dwarven
orcs orcish
angels angel
infernal demonic
undead undead

Humans dont have "humanic" promotion, so they have no special strengths, or weakenesses, therefore, no anti human promo. Logical for me.

so razing AV cities is also "bad". Try capturing them and use priests or inquisitors to spread in AV cities (will remove AV and put in order and its temple)

Are you sure? Unless I'm much mistaken raising an AV city lowers the counter by about 2-3

In my (short) experience the best way to prepare for the blight is to get many extra workers ready to rebuild improvement and also get some water mana so your adapts can cast spring.

I supose that since there is no inherant human special qualitys, their ability may be that there isn't a specific method to kill such a diverse peoples.

hehe, i actually started working on the settler unit about last christmas (when i created most of the other newer dwarven units too), but it never was completed, because I went over to create other stuff (ok, to be true I simply was not keen on modelling a dwarven woman and child ;) )...

Why not just make the normal settler shorter and put beards on all of them? ;)

But seriously, awesome job on the dwarves. I love the little teams of dwarven soldiers, they just look like mini-armies. :)

Are you sure? Unless I'm much mistaken raising an AV city lowers the counter by about 2-3

In my (short) experience the best way to prepare for the blight is to get many extra workers ready to rebuild improvement and also get some water mana so your adapts can cast spring.

Well in my games after razing AV cities as Kilmorph Khazad, A counter was maintained. My opinion is that AV religion in city gives +1AC, so when you razed tha city, AC was not boosted by AV in city. So AC got -1, but fat of razing was +1. So ofset was 0 = no change to counter.
At least in my b patch game. Anyway i never razed more than 3 cities in ANY of my games.

just wanted to tell you again:

I love this Mod!

And I love you guys for doing it! Please keep the spirit!!!

Just tested Alexis, founded the Order and kicked some evil and Barbarian butt :lol: :goodjob:

But one problem persists (patch 'b' applied): No wars, if not started by myself.

I think in order to fully use all features of the mod the worldbuilder should see to it, that you will have a balance of evil and good civs from the start. I often start with more than half of the civs beeing good or neutral, so evil doesn't stand a chance...

I will test aggressive AI now...

Pretty funny, i closed time victory cuz it SUX and played whith the elves, founded leaves and got to year 523. The thing is that none had reasearched Corrupion of spirit or Unyielding order... Funny... I won the altar victory since i ruined Dains work whith a shadow...

Sezereth, yuor teaser of the week is still the meshabber... no new stuff?

Hehe, cool, at least one person noticing the teaser stuff in my sig (i actually try to keep it up to date when possible ;) )

I am very very very occupied with real life and studying issues :( but the need to create new stuff grows bigger and bigger in me from day to day ;) (i am almost getting withdrawal symptoms ;) ). But this still means I don`t have time to create the "optional stuff" :(

just wanted to tell you again:

I love this Mod!

And I love you guys for doing it! Please keep the spirit!!!

Just tested Alexis, founded the Order and kicked some evil and Barbarian butt :lol: :goodjob:

But one problem persists (patch 'b' applied): No wars, if not started by myself.

I think in order to fully use all features of the mod the worldbuilder should see to it, that you will have a balance of evil and good civs from the start. I often start with more than half of the civs beeing good or neutral, so evil doesn't stand a chance...

I will test aggressive AI now...
When I play I sometimes leave half on random, and set the other half on to my opposite alignment.

This mod is literally magic, because it shows the immense potential of the whole civ-game. The combination of the detailed dark fantasy theme and the details of game and strategy variety got me addicted immediately. This mod was the final step for me for regestering at the civ-fanatics-website. Gratulations to Kael and the other modders.
I completed two noble games. First as the female Elohim. won a altar-victory. This was fairly easy because, the whole world was a very peaceful pangea. only balseraph and calabim as evil civs and the calabim got eleminated by orthus alone! The Altar-victory was easier, than i assumed.
In the second game i tried a different aproach as Orc conquering the whole 2 continent-world. Razing all the cities resulted in a fast Armageddon, destroying my whole economy on the homeland, followed by the 4 apocalyptic riders while my whole army was on the other continent conquering. i managed to kill 2 riders, but the other two mangaed to take some of my cities. Didn`t matter because soon later i was the last civ on a totally ruined erebus.
This mod is especially exciting if youb roleplay as the chracter you play.

Top Bottom