Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jun 05, 2006, 10:34 AM   #1
migthegreek
Back In Black
 
migthegreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 459
Different Coastlines on Pangea

Can someone explain to me the difference between the coastline types on a Pangea map? I don't notice any difference.
migthegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2006, 10:48 AM   #2
ori
Repair Guy

 
ori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Posts: 15,108
Map Info

From Sirian`s Map Info Reference:

Quote:
Pangaea
...
SHORELINE - This setting chooses the level of "natural" terrain effects.
"Random" - DEFAULT - 40% chance of "Natural", 30% "Pressed", 30% "Solid".
"Natural" - Creates a solid core, then adds four to seven "subcontinental" regions which can vary in shape and size, or even be a small island chain. These often reach out in to the sea, forming snaky peninsulas or occupying a "corner" of the main continent with a fat, unpredictable protrusion.
"Pressed" - Creates a solid core, then adds two to four "larger" subcontinents. This setting also shifts more to the north or south, at random.
"Solid" - Nothing but the solid core, larger and with smoother shorelines.
ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2006, 04:03 AM   #3
migthegreek
Back In Black
 
migthegreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 459
Great link, just what I needed. Thanks.
migthegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2006, 08:15 AM   #4
_alphaBeta_
King
 
_alphaBeta_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 976
Has this been updated since 1.61? Didn't some of the maps change around?
_alphaBeta_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2006, 09:22 AM   #5
surt
Prince
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 354
It hasn't been updated. The thread has had a number of people ask for an update, but I'm guessing that it's off Sirian's watchlist or he's busy with Warlords work.

In any case, nothing really switched around, but 2 new scripts were added in 1.61.

Edit: here's the thread about it:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=134226
surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:17 PM   #6
ori
Repair Guy

 
ori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Posts: 15,108
Sirian gave this information about the shuffle and fractal maps which were added in a post at Realms Beyond:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirian
I wrote the Shuffle map. It's there to fill the gap left by the lack of "Civ3-style Random" option. Will give you a pangaea, continents, or archipelago, at random -- something that was requested by numerous players. Very simple.

Continents was split in to two scripts. The one still called Continents got more controls added to regulate the size and shape of landmasses, while Fractal has all controls removed. This is Soren's script, the only one he kept control over. I haven't checked it, so while I know what he changed, I don't know the full range of impact yet.


- Sirian
ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions > Different Coastlines on Pangea

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most aesthetically pleasing coastlines RedRalph Off-Topic 43 Feb 12, 2008 05:48 PM
Pangea Players Charles 22 Civ4 - Strategy & Tips 7 Mar 11, 2007 05:43 AM
Pangea Setting Wolf52 Civ4 - General Discussions 2 Jan 08, 2006 04:51 PM
Rising Coastlines? ainwood Civ3 - General Discussions 14 Apr 30, 2004 01:32 PM
Rising Coastlines? The Last Conformist Civ3 - General Discussions 41 Jul 19, 2002 09:01 PM


Advertisement

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site is copyright © Civilization Fanatics' Center.
Support CFC: Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA | Amazon FR