1775 scenario

RegentBob

Chieftain
This is a scenario (not a mod) that I created originally for myself to recreate the world as it was in 1775. There was a lot going on around the world, beside the American Revolution, and I wanted to play from different perspectives (but still have the world be recognizable).

I've decided to post it here in hope that maybe someone else will take interest in it and suggest (or make) improvements to it.

This scenario uses a version of niust's Earth Realism Map with two changes that I made to include two horse resources in North America. I'm considering adding one more horse resource to South America, but I haven't done it yet.

I have set up 18 civ's plus barbarians, however I have mixed up some of the civ types, leaders, and flags for some of the civ's. If you play the scenario, you'll see what I've done (and ridicule me endlessly). Like I said, this is a scenario--not a mod.

Basically, I wanted to include Austria(-Hungary), Sweden, Mexico, and Brazil. I chose these four civs because of historical and geographic prominence. The Austrian Empire was still a major political power in Europe at that time, and Sweden dominated Scandinavia. Mexico was still a colony of Spain and Brazil a colony of Portugal, but they both eventually gain their independence and both have impacted history.

Most of the civs have all of the technologies up to, and including, Democracy, Rifling, Astronomy, Corporation, and Chemistry. However China, Japan, Persia, and Egypt are behind by these five, and also Constitution and Liberalism. The Ottoman Empire is in between, only missing Democracy, Rifling, Corporation, and Chemistry.

I tried to simulate certain conditions to make the scenario a little more historically accurate, but I'll explain what and why later if anyone is interested. I made completely wild guesses regarding what units each civ should start with, but tried to keep the numbers of units low to start with.

It's not intended to be fair or balanced--just a little more historically accurate.

Attachments

• 1775.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,304
My suggestion: give the Ottoman Empire Rifling, since they were actually one of the first ones to employ the use of gunpowder in Europe ...

yeah. I took a history class on the Ottoman Empire at my college. They had rifles by 1775, no question. They were behind in economics and political structure but at this point they were still on par in terms of military technology.

I started to try France out, and I noticed they had just three cities. Their colonies in North America were left out... Also, I had contact with many civs, yet could not see them on the map... And names didn't correspond. While you had some names, Hatsephut died long before 1775, and Napoleon didn't rise to power for a while...

I then looked at what Britain had, and saw, whie they had colonies in India and one city in America, there was no route to them. meaning, the city would've just had to pop up.

Whitch year does this scenario end???Becuse Japan sholud get a rescerch bouns bescause it mondernized very quikly in the end of the 19 centery to the 20th centery.

hi, i played as austria and wondered why you included a greek civilization? in 1775 greek was completely occupied by the ottoman empire.

also both italy and germany were far from united at that time, but i guess for a world map thats okay.

still i wonder why there is a greek civ.

My suggestion: give the Ottoman Empire Rifling, since they were actually one of the first ones to employ the use of gunpowder in Europe ...

They had rifles by 1775, no question. They were behind in economics and political structure but at this point they were still on par in terms of military technology.

Thankyou. I couldn't find much about Ottoman/Turkish weaponry during that time period. All my research depends on what I find on the internet. I'll give them Rifling.

I started to try France out, and I noticed they had just three cities. Their colonies in North America were left out...

The map is too small to cram too many cities into France. As far as French colonies in the Americas, I guess Saint-Pierre and Miquelon would be appropriate, but it was apparently a very small settlement that the British took from the French on more than one occaision.

France ceded Canada to the British in the Treaty of Paris, signed on February 10, 1763. And I believe New Orleans is the only notable city involved in the Louisiana Purchase, and at that time it was under Spanish control. French settlements elsewhere in the Americas and the Caribbean were small and/or short-lived.

Also, I had contact with many civs, yet could not see them on the map...

Yes, I got lazy and didn't show already explored areas. You are right, I need to fix that.

And names didn't correspond. While you had some names, Hatsephut died long before 1775, and Napoleon didn't rise to power for a while...

I didn't care too much which leaders were used. It's not that historically accurate since I intend to play through to the end of the technology tree. The leaders used are just the best I could do without modding the game. Besides my knowledge of history isn't that great.

Whitch year does this scenario end???Becuse Japan sholud get a rescerch bouns bescause it mondernized very quikly in the end of the 19 centery to the 20th centery.

The scenario ends when you win or lose--there is no set year. And if Japan is going to modernize quickly, it's leader had better pull off an equally impressive feat. I'm not a believer in affirmative action.

hi, i played as austria and wondered why you included a greek civilization? in 1775 greek was completely occupied by the ottoman empire.

also both italy and germany were far from united at that time, but i guess for a world map thats okay.

still i wonder why there is a greek civ.

Greece was completely by the Ottoman Empire at that time. But it retained it's identity and eventually became independent. I thought instead of leveling the playing field for each civ and changing the handicap, why not set everyone on Noble and then try to make it look like it did at the time. I gave Greece "open borders" with the Turks, and only Ottoman soldiers to defend it. I figure if I can play as Greece and survive in this scenario, it would be more satisfying than playing at Diety level and knowing the computer is "cheating."

Also you're right about Germany and Italy. But depicting Prussia and the separate Italian city-states (or whatever they had), was way too hard for my to do in this scenario. Again, I want 18 "civ's" to choose from, but I didn't want to make a mod.

This is my favourite period in History. All I have to say is well done for giving something like this a go. I have got it now its farly ok however there is a way in making it morerealistic in the sense of modding the game I recently got a article for modding Civ IV worldbuilder. This is the link I found it on. It has helped me for I am planning a American Civil War secnario with all of the US East and West battles, however its for the orginal Civ IV no the expansion packs. Here is the link in which you may find helpful.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=132800

Top Bottom