Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Technical Support

Notices

Civ4 - Technical Support Forum for technical questions, such as compatibilities, game installation, sound, or video problems.

Old Aug 02, 2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Mete
Chieftain

Religion Graphics crashes both: Civ4 and Warlords

Hello i have a big problem but first i want to give my laptop's specs:

Intel Pentium M 740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)(Sonoma)
15.4'' WXGA (1280x800) LCD TFT
512MB DDR2-533MHz
Intel 915GM (max. 224MB)

This laptop has a widescreen so I'm playing game at 1280x800 resolution. When i tried to make graphics medium or low it says it will happen when you restart the game. When i restarted the game nothing changes still 1024x768 and high graphics. This is the problem one how can i change them forever!

And the biggest problem comes, when i'm playing game with 1280x800 and high graphic after a while (half an hour later) it crashes and screen look likes a color chaos and it locks my computer. Those 2 problems both happen at Civilization IV normal and Civ IV with extension Warlords. When i restarted i can start again and it crashes again. What can i do? How can i get rid of this problems? They made me crazy

Thanks in advance!
Mete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 01:21 AM   #2
crunch
Emperor

Is your windows user name containing funny regional characters? If so, civ cannot update your ini file. Create a windows user without "scharfes S" or so.

Pls report if this helps you.
crunch is offline   Reply With Quote