Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > OTHER GAMES > Never Ending Stories

Notices

Never Ending Stories Forum for never ending story threads. This forum is previously located under Civ3 Stories.

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:57 PM   #301
LittleBoots
The Bloody Banner

I'm conflicted. I thought it was funny, so I laugh. But I also spam. What was that you said about postcount?

"The only thing that will get us out of this is if we devote ourselves entirely to the goat-f***ing madness into which democracy has led us."
LittleBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:59 PM   #302
jalapeno_dude
AKA Panda Judo Eel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoots

I'm conflicted. I thought it was funny, so I laugh. But I also spam. What was that you said about postcount?
Yes! My theory of NESer behavior is correct! I shall now control their minds and take over the world!

After I stop the spam, of course.
-2.25, -6.31 (2004) --> 1.12, -6.67 (2008) on the Political Compass Questionnaire | Ranked #244 in postcount- for now!
Citadel in LINESII | Ormash in DNES2 | Sedaya in BirdNES 2
Greatest Power as Terra Trifluentia in FarowNES02
6 Gold, 2 Bronze Medals as Eldrania and the Citadel of Knowledge in LINESII
3 Silver Medals (Most Good, Richest, Survivors) as Hawaii in LINES:World of Magic
Check out Steph's Strategic Simulation and Hail Caesar! Avatar from Digital Blasphemy
jalapeno_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:32 PM   #303
Kozmos
Up in smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex994
OOC: bloody weirdos all of you.. thlayli, I'm watching your "cultural mixing" in Qingdao very carefully. Anymore, and an insane ruler by the name of "A-Li-Xe" will rise to power
Why not name him Menta-Li-Ill?
boredom, taedium vitae, the knowledge of maya, absurdity, weltschmerz, mal du siecle, existential nausea, dysphoria, doldrums, the funk, malaise, ennui, hebephrenia, discouragement, depression, melancholia, anomie, accidie, dysthymia, blankness, lack of affect, the blues, despair, the black dog, black ass, hopelessness, sorrow, grief, unhappiness, Hikikomori, alienation, withdrawal, tristitia, nihilism, morbidity, anhedonia, wretchedness, anxiety, fear, pain, terror, horror, desolation, postcentennial hypochondria, Älterschmerz, thanatropism, fear of death, death wish
Kozmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:33 PM   #304
Lord_Iggy
Tsesk'ihe

Quote:
Iggy, did you get my revised orders? I pretty much decided to go in a completely different direction, so its mildly important you got the new ones I think you can tell which ones are the new ones, what with the subtle PM title I gave them.
I have them.

Quote:
Why not name him Menta-Li-Ill?
Because Menta isn't Chinese.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:37 PM   #305
das
Regeneration In Process

Meng-Ta-Li-Il works, however.
"Her Majesty has terrible dreams. She sees England as a small country that lives in peace, and no one at the court dares tell her that Rome started out the same way. His Catholic Majesty was once content with ruling half the world; I am afraid we will have to take all of it." - Humphrey Gilbert
"I am not at all a friend of humanity, Viscount replied. I am the enemy of its enemies." - S. Vititsky, "The Search for Designation, or the Twenty Seventh Theorem of Ethics".

天命
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:37 PM   #306
Kozmos
Up in smoke

^^^
Yup.

tenchars
boredom, taedium vitae, the knowledge of maya, absurdity, weltschmerz, mal du siecle, existential nausea, dysphoria, doldrums, the funk, malaise, ennui, hebephrenia, discouragement, depression, melancholia, anomie, accidie, dysthymia, blankness, lack of affect, the blues, despair, the black dog, black ass, hopelessness, sorrow, grief, unhappiness, Hikikomori, alienation, withdrawal, tristitia, nihilism, morbidity, anhedonia, wretchedness, anxiety, fear, pain, terror, horror, desolation, postcentennial hypochondria, Älterschmerz, thanatropism, fear of death, death wish
Kozmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:40 PM   #307
Lord_Iggy
Tsesk'ihe

So spammy.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:16 PM   #308
alex994
Hail Divine Emperor!

You bloody non-Chinese people should stop trying to butcher the chinese language!
-When Nuclear War starts, and the American Eagle and the Russian Bear comes down the mountain and fight, they will claw each other. then as both are weakened, the chinese tiger will defeat both- Mao Tse Tung

Chinese Fanatic at your service!
Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77
alex994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:38 PM   #309
Thlayli
Le Petit Prince

In a probably hopeless attempt to get the thread back on track:

To: Guangfei

Very well, in compliance with your request we will not send any further missionaries into Guangfei territory without the express consent of the Emperor. Of course, priests will remain who travel with our merchants, but you should find little wrong with that.

May Truth find you,

A.P.N.V.
Thlayli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:43 PM   #310
alex994
Hail Divine Emperor!

To New Veritas
From Guangfei

As long as the priests that travel with your merchants do not attempt to spread or preach the "Church of the One" during their journey in Guangfei that is very fine. However, if they break that rule however, they will be prosecuted to the full extent of our laws.
-When Nuclear War starts, and the American Eagle and the Russian Bear comes down the mountain and fight, they will claw each other. then as both are weakened, the chinese tiger will defeat both- Mao Tse Tung

Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:14 PM   #311
TerrisH
Mischief?

long have we waited.. long have we planed.
we have done what needed to be done, to the scorn and displeasure of our fellows.
long ago, we betrayed our fellows. we allied with the lesses evil, the true, though misguided bladest to our west. to slay the demon who attempted to corrupt the ancient vertis and cast it to an unholy path. and for that necessary evil, the first step of repentance has been filled. the decedents of vertis has claimed their vengeance, and spared us. after so many generations of waiting.

now we seek to cleanse the second taint. that of the swade. though we have shown only kindness, and tolerance toward them, they seek to act as barbarians. they have been consumed by war. and dragged their noble and civilized brethren to the south into the frey.

as we dissolve, our final act is to be a blow of vengeance. the storm of the north, the lengals, will be our tool. this shall be the last act of emor. for we will befcome one with the storm. we shall become it's eye. a Bastien of calm and development amongst their conquest.

but until the storm abates, we shall vanish into the mists. may peace be to our souls.

to myocaca.
you have respected us, and acted wisely in the time we have known you. stay out of this. this is a war to right an ancient slight. the swade must fall, either to you, the lengals, of to numifar. the atrocities they have committed upon our people throughout the ages have never been forgotten.
you on the other hand, have been gentle in dealing with our people. with you, we have no quarrel.
please, stay out of this battle, as a final request from our now vanished nation. nation.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:22 PM   #312
Swissempire
Poet Jester

a) Learn to type...
B) What ancient slight?
c) I doubt that such a large population of your nation, those of the Path of One, would suddenly abandon everything they beleived in for many centuries because of a short story
d)Why is anyone happy you got invaded....
e)We have treated you better than Myocaca, building roads, trading, giving you food when you were starving, teaching your people to farm better, so why this last blind lash out.
f)It was you who AGAIN betrayed your word and abandon the Swade in their hour of need, and Myocaca is not Emor, in fact most people don't routinly backstab.
The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages. As a precaution to ever committing major acts of evil it is our solemn duty never to do what we're told.
-Banksy

Some people care too much. I think it's called love.
-Winnie the Pooh

I can't sing like the birds, but I gots me a twitter
Swissempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:37 PM   #313
Oruc
Reactionary

Are you quiting or something TerrisH?

"Do you even know right from wrong anymore?!" Qadaffi

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Whataboutism
Oruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:42 PM   #314
Cuivienen

Quote:
Originally Posted by das
Meng-Ta-Li-Il works, however.
I don't think Ta and Il are Chinese characters...
Cuivienen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:46 PM   #315
Oruc
Reactionary

They are Guangfei letters!

Edit: or Characters whatever the hell that means

"Do you even know right from wrong anymore?!" Qadaffi

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Whataboutism
Oruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:51 PM   #316
Kentharu
Zebra Commander

i assume he is, since the lengel is taking over everything... its rather despressing... to see yellow everywhere

#nes For arrogant douches only.
Kentharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:57 PM   #317
das
Regeneration In Process

Quote:
In a probably hopeless attempt to get the thread back on track:
Hopeless indeed, as the comments soon after that have indicated. Nice try though. I would do some diplo myself, but don't have anything meaningful to say to anyone at all, sadly.
"Her Majesty has terrible dreams. She sees England as a small country that lives in peace, and no one at the court dares tell her that Rome started out the same way. His Catholic Majesty was once content with ruling half the world; I am afraid we will have to take all of it." - Humphrey Gilbert
"I am not at all a friend of humanity, Viscount replied. I am the enemy of its enemies." - S. Vititsky, "The Search for Designation, or the Twenty Seventh Theorem of Ethics".

天命
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:07 PM   #318
Mayor of H-Marker Lake

To Gerber
From Tellium

We offer our assistance in returning this forum to its proper course by offering you trade. Welcome our purveyors of slightly evil commodities and we will include a beautiful set of raw-steak knives.

Hay, didja ever hear of blogging? Well everyones doing it, even this guy -> http://wdklem.blogspot.com/
1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:13 PM   #319
Wubba360
Emperor

I am confused! Are the lengels attacking me or not? Because all thesemixed messages i am getting are making me angry. Some people are all, we just want swade dead, but the lengels keep telling me i am next, so ahhhhhh What is going on? If someone doesn't give it to me straight, there will be hell to pay god damn it! Hell to pay!
Wubba360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:17 PM   #320
alex994
Hail Divine Emperor!

Ta is indeed a Chinese character, though technically it means "him/he" though Il is *shrug* Stop butchering the language!!!