Pitboss and Email Notifications - Civilization Fanatics' Forums
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM > Civ4 - PitBoss Games

Notices

Civ4 - PitBoss Games Forum for Civ4 PitBoss games and related issues.

Old Aug 06, 2006, 09:41 AM   #1
LordRahl
The Objectivist

Pitboss and Email Notifications

How does it work? When I set up my pitboss game, I filled out the SMTP server information, but can't seem to be getting any e-mails when my opponent finishes his turn. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that you have to enable? Thanks

www.objectivismonline.net
LordRahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2006, 02:38 PM   #2
IglooDude
Enforcing Rule 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl
How does it work? When I set up my pitboss game, I filled out the SMTP server information, but can't seem to be getting any e-mails when my opponent finishes his turn. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that you have to enable? Thanks
It doesn't work if your SMTP server uses anything except port 25, and so the majority of commercial ISPs are out.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic." - JFK

IglooDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Fosse
Prince

Check out the utilities on these forums called PBnotify and Civstats. They both offer solutions to the problem and are both easy to use.

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM > Civ4 - PitBoss Games > Pitboss and Email Notifications