love civ... but...

walewis316

Chieftain
As a long time player of the civ series I was completely psyched when CivIV finally arrived at my door. However, and I am sure others have said the same thing, the sound is less than expected. One of the great aspects of Civ III was the unit sounds... from the sound of the archer to the triumphant "ha ha" warriors made when they sacked a barrian village. But the early units... no sound?

It just feels like Firaxis or 2K rushed getting this to the shelves - hopefully the patches well cure all that ails this game and restore Civ's reputation.

On a plus side, the marathon option is awesome - it is so nice to not lose so much of the BC time so that civs can actually develop in a more historically accurate fashion (there was nothing worse in older versions than not getting to the Manhattan project until the 1990s

Hi, welcome to the MacCivFanaticsMadHouse :wavey:

1. Have you installed the Rev A patch ? Without this - no unit sounds.

2. Are you running OS X 10.4.7 ? Without this - sound don't work propoerly

Both are required to achieve the best in sounds from the current Mac version.

The sounds seem to work fine on my system. Only an occasional hiccup in Mr. Nimoy's description of Techs. I LOVE the rumbling sound of a large number of Tanks wakig up and standing to attention for your next order!!!

I'm quite satisfied with the performance of the game too, and I am only running a 1.42 GHz G4 Mac Mini with 1 GB of RAM. I keep my games down to large size maps and below, with minimum specs.

This game is SOOO much better strategically, tech tree... than Civ III. Civ II was my addiction back in the day, but the ingeneously simple complexity of Civ IV is much preferred by me now. I would much rather play II than III though.

Top Bottom