Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions

Notices

Civ4 - General Discussions Forum for general Civilization IV discussions including Warlords and Beyond the Sword (BTS) expansions.

Old Aug 29, 2006, 04:07 AM   #1
DJMurtz
Chieftain

Vassal state doesn't break up after > 50% population

I, as many others on these forums, have a problem with my vassal state.
My vassal still had some towns and 25% pop. compared to me. I was really getting sick of the vassal so took drastic measures, I went back to slavery, grew a large army using the slave function which shrunk my total population drasticly leaving him with 54% of my population... Now, according to the game guide, this should break the vassalage, but it doesn't?

Is there anything else I should do before the vassal will break relations with me or is this just the way it's supposed to be, meaning the vassal _may_ cancel the deal if he want's since he has more population, but doesn't have nessecarily have to (understandibly, considering my huge army waiting at his doorstep by now... )
DJMurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Stuie
Laudir Agus Mir

The vassal has to have greater than 50% population of the master AND 50% land of the master. Does your vassal meet the land requirement?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:22 AM   #3
DJMurtz
Chieftain

I'm afraid not, and that won't be possible anymore since he's surrounded by other civs, ah well, I reloaded anyway, hate the 'war vassal' system...
DJMurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:58 AM   #4
Proteus
King

Aside from this:
Does the vassalization automatically disbanded as soon as the requirements are met, or has the vassal decide to do so (and therefore could decide to stay a vassal although he has the option the get free again)?
I suspect the latter is the case (i.e. vassals can stay vassals if they want to)
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:28 AM   #5
Koelle
King of Kings

Why does everyone one to get rid of vassal states. I love them. They help you alot in wars and function as a buffer between you and your worst enemies plus you can get some fresh cash or resources for free when needed.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:33 AM   #6
Koelle
King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I suspect the latter is the case (i.e. vassals can stay vassals if they want to)
Yes, that is the case. Btw, if someone became your vassals at their own will (not because of capitulation), they can break free whenever they want.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:13 AM   #7
Jaybe
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koelle
Yes, that is the case. Btw, if someone became your vassals at their own will (not because of capitulation), they can break free whenever they want.
... after 10 turns (but not before).
Jaybe is offline   Reply With Quote