FarowNES02

I call Latin as my language!!!

Though feel free to take the culture. I'm taking a different route.

Nation: Terra Trifluentia (The Three-Rivered Land)
Ruler/Player: Curia Patriarchae (Assembly of the Patriarchs)/jalapeno_dude
Major Cities: Patria (The Fatherland/Native City)
Population: To be determined by me
Religion: Veneratio Atavorum(Veneration of the Forefathers), centered on Patria
Government: Assembly of tribal leaders
Economy: 1/1/0
Army: 2000 Infantry (I don't want horses yet)
Navy: 10 River Boats
Education: Horrible
Infrastructure: Horrible
Confidence: Horrible
Culture: Horrible
Projects/Wonders:
Description: In the shadowy years of the past, the Three Rivers, like the rest of the world, were divided under the rules of countless petty tribes. As elsewhere, war was constant, as the patriarch of each tribe sought to raise his people above all others. Eventually, the weaker patriarchs gathered together in the first Assembly in Patria, the Holy City of the Forefathers, and gradually forced the stronger ones to join or be destroyed. At last, the lands of the Three Rivers were united, with each Patriarch managing his tribe's domestic affairs in his own style, and the overarching Curia managing foreign affairs. Then, the Curia began its drive to incorporate all the tribes of the world...

Nation: Tobian Kingdom
Ruler/Player: Harkae dynasty/ Princeps (FKA naziassbandit)
Major Cities: Wierta
Religion: The cult of the Härkä
Government: Feudal Monarchy
Economy: Pick either 1/1/0 or 2/0/0
Army: 2000 Infantry, 500 Cavalry
Navy: Landlocked
Projects/Wonders:
Description:

Long ago, in the mountains of the north, a tribe of nomands called the Tobii (or topi) settled to the low lands. At first they were content with their simple lives until a great warrior called Härkönen set out to unite the tribes. He moved the tribes down south, to the great river, and found a city, named after the stream. He established the great Härkönen dynasty which is today known as the Harkae dynasty. It has ruled over the small kingdom of Tobia for centuries. The Tobii worship the god of Härkä, who grants them strength in battle, in death, as well as in life.

:p

Sorry Everyone, My computer would not let me go to this site for some reason but now it is fixed so I'll answer all questions in a little bit.

Edit: Could everyone tell me their capital's name in their orders for update 1 so I can bold which of your cities is your capital.
Edit 2: Also, I am going to use BC and AD for me to have an idea what tech level we should be at but you are free to send me your calander that your people use and I will include it in the update.

Princeps said:
Nation: Tobian Kingdom
Ruler/Player: Harkae dynasty/ Princeps (FKA naziassbandit)
Major Cities: Wierta
Religion: The cult of the Härkä
Government: Feudal Monarchy
Economy: Pick either 1/1/0 or 2/0/0
Army: 2000 Infantry, 500 Cavalry
Navy: Landlocked
Projects/Wonders:
Description:

Long ago, in the mountains of the north, a tribe of nomands called the Tobii (or topi) settled to the low lands. At first they were content with their simple lives until a great warrior called Härkönen set out to unite the tribes. He moved the tribes down south, to the great river, and found a city, named after the stream. He established the great Härkönen dynasty which is today known as the Harkae dynasty. It has ruled over the small kingdom of Tobia for centuries. The Tobii worship the god of Härkä, who grants them strength in battle, in death, as well as in life.

:p

Princeps please tell me where you would like to start.

When will you start, I'm so excited!

I am glad you are excited :) but you apparently did not read the ending of the rules where I said update zero is on Wednesday and update 1 will be on Saturday.

Details to follow; I'll settle in the red circle. If that place is taken (hard to tell from the maps), then I'll settle across the water on river mouth to the SE.

The maps are clear to me but if you are having problems please tell me and I will try and fix them. The place you settled in is free.

Any other questions that I may have missed please tell me. I have started on the update so if anyone else want to make a nation you need to do it today or you will have to wait till update 1. Also, everyone please read what I have written on the first page before asking questions because it may be on there. It is a waste of forum space for me to answer questions that are on the front page.

Remember to send me the calander your nation uses if you want it to be in the update (By Today). I prefer you to post them in the thread at the moment. I made a minor change to the rules such as orders needing to be PMed.

Nation: Ilion
Ruler/Player: Basileus Lycurgus and various councils/LittleBoots
Major Cities: Ilion
Religion: Polytheism (to be elaborated on later)
Government: Autocracy (to be elaborated on, essentially an extraordinarily controlling state)
Army: 1000 Infantry, 500 Cavalry
Navy: 10 ships
Projects/Wonders:
Description: The life of a citizen of Ilion is regimented from beginning to end. The government is all powerful, but not tyrannical due to various divisions, balances, and oddities. The average citizen understands that his life belongs to the state, not to himself, and that the same goes for the product of his mating. Life is communal, and everything is geared toward the production of a powerful, though insular, people.

Put me on one of the river mouths, preferably the one to the SE, but it doesn't really matter. Stories will flesh out my people. Its fairly obvious who they're based off of. Should be a fun little experiment.

Welcome Littleboots. Thanks for the extra description of your nation in the PM. The river to the Southeast is claimed I believe but it is no problem at other river mouths. In about three hours no more nations will be accepted for update zero.

Cuivinen please give me a template if you are going to join same with Birdjaguar.

Nation: T'lur Pa (Green Reed Place)
Ruler/Player: Ariana the Water Queen/Birdjaguar
Consort to the Queen: Tipu, Swordmaster
Major Cities: Waterside
Religion: Water spirits and natural phenomena
Government: Despotism
Economy: Pick either 1/1/0
Navy: 10 ships
Projects/Wonders:
Description: The People of the reeds have lived in the delta of the Animas River since time began and from its waters all life flows. The Queens rule, the women teach and the men build and fight. All citizens provide food and knowledge. From sun baked bricks and reed boats to stone towers and wooden lateen sailed ships the people of the reeds have poised themselves for greatness. It begins now.

BTish orders if you like, or just descriptions, all is good. At least I think he said somethign like that somewhere ont he first page. *shrug*

I still reserve my place. Let me come up with something really fast. Description will come later of course. STILL ON LIMITED INTERNET VACATION.

Nation: Triple Kingdom of Tephen
Ruler/Player: King Phillip,King Jacobus,King Franc/Luckymoose
Major Cities: Teet (capital)
Population:
Religion: Tephen Polytheism
Government: Triple Family Monarchy/ Three King System
Navy: 10 galleys
Projects/Wonders:
Description: The people who have come to call themselves Tephians. Are children of the Teph River. The river has been a mainstay of tribes for generations. After nearly 400 years of several tribal conflicts, but similar goals. The rulers of the four top tribes got together and desided on a joint kingdom. With Three Royal Families. Orginally Four royal families. The Fourth a much smaller and weaker state at the time was over thrown by there people and joined into one of the other three. Now the families are large and base the heirs off of Elective consuls. If more than one eligible heir is of the age at the time. All three families vote on the other families new heir as well. All three Kings have equal votring power. Much like a democracy of sorts. But they have Monarchy rule over there parts of the kingdom. The three Kingdoms are, Earnt under the rule of King Phillip, Harsee` under the rule of King Jacobus, and Chasrel under the rule of King Franc currently. These are the first true Three Kings. There royal lines will carry on. In tradition the heirs will take up the names of the previous King of there kingdom. So if the heirs real name is David,he will say take the name of King Franc-David. And so on. The land is fertile in the area of Teet the capital city. They rely on several crops they have domesticated. Such as a for of plant similar to Olives that they use to create oils for cooking and burning and even to cleanse themselves. The army consits of three branches. The Royal Armies of Harsee`,Earnt and Chasrel. They fight together as a unit but carry a special coat of arms on there shields along with the Tephen Coat of arms.

*sorry its so short more to come.As well as detailed histories of the Four Kingdoms that includes the one absorbed. And a detailed list of the families to be updated regularly.The list will no doubt become long. :lol:

Lord_Iggy said:
So, no orders for update 0?

No Orders required just a good description, story or like Littleboots said BTish orders so I know what your nation is like. Look on the front page under important notes.

Beginning Update so no more nations accepted till update 1. Sorry Princeps you will be excluded since you have not answered my question of where you wanted to start. I encourage you though to come back for update 1.

What's the ETA for the update?

Okay, great!

Update Zero
?- 4000 B.C.E.
Rise of Cradle Civilizations

The cradle had entered a new age as various nomadic groups from far flung areas migrated over mountains to a fertile land of grassland supplied with plentiful water from nearby mountains. Though not all of the land is an ideal place to live, as the Alpine Tundra gives home to people who have to survive harsh long winters and short summers. Many peoples have migrated and mingled creating unique cultures that vary diversely from one end to another. As city-states rose and fell a few unique ones survived rising above the rest as they set out for conquest of the cradle.

We begin with the Karankoff States, these unique people who are various groups of people from all walks of life that settled at the (Carmen, Name the River in your orders) fleeing their past lives. Under the iron fist of Uraji Karankoff the refugees were united to form the Karankoff states. Uraji secured his power by eliminating all rivals. In his home lands he built the city of Westmaker to show his power and prestige.

A little north across the sea we come to the nation of T'lur Pa (Green Reed Place) a nation at the mouth of the great Animas River. The people who settled here have a matriarch society where the queens rule over the kingdom. The men have the jobs of building and fighting for kingdom while the women teach. T’lur Pa people are expert shipbuilders crafting boats out of a resource that grows in plenty on the delta, reeds. They now look outward beyond the delta for greatness.

A little further north once again across the sea is the nation of Corenwal. These people are devout worshippers of the religion of Bhatoism which is named after the scriptures written by the great prophet Mugandi Hali. The people consider them one with the sea charting areas all across the seas meeting the T’lur Pa in the north and the Tereno in the south. (All three of you have contact)

Across from Corenwal is the nation of Terano which contains a hard working, tightly bound state united under a strong monarch. These people have a lot of room for expansion and with their strong central government they look like they have a very bright future.

Across the Great Plains of the cradle and into the forests is a nation at the fork of two rivers is a nation with a unique government. The people of eight warring states set aside their differences and under the guidance of a grieving wife and child. The city called Hylon is the capital where representatives from the eight main warring states as well as one from the central tribe rule over the nation.

Across a long stretch of plains are the people of the Triple Kingdom of Tephen which as the name suggests is ruled by three monarchs. These monarchs are chosen by both their families and an elective consul. The three kings each have equal voting power to avoid one becoming stronger then the other. Will the kings eventually be replaced by the elective consul creating the first republic of the world or will one king emerge as the supreme monarch of Tephen and the surrounding realms?

We now move further south down along the river which the Triple Kingdom of Tephen settled on and up a tributary to Terra Trifluentia (The Three-Rivered Land). The people here are at a true fork with three rivers flowing down into one from the great mountains to the south. The nation is ruled in a similar to Tephan and Hylon with multiple rulers. The Curia Patriarchae a council of conquered or assimilated patriarchs of tribes. The patriarchs from the assimilated tribes are able to manage their own domestic affairs while the Curia Patriarchae manages foreign affairs of the nation.

As we look conclude the more civilized nations of the world we look at the war like people of Ilion. They are known for their complete devotion to the state making a very powerful and a very limited outlook on life. The government selectively mates the strong and smart with the strong and the smart while of course the weak with the weak. Those who have weak babies leave them outside the city walls to die. Women and men go through rigorous physical training at age seven. All of this to ensure that the people are suited to better defend Ilion who has its destiny set on military conquest. Who knows how far their campaigns will take them?

As we conclude our introduction to the various cultures and people of the cradle we move on to the people of the mountains, one barbaric and one civilized. The people of the alpine mountains are the followers of the Sky Gods and the Canidae. Both people vary much from the other due to being isolated in the mountain valleys and passages.

The Empire of the Sky Gods is a nation nestled in the valleys of the high Alpine Peaks with terraces rising around tombs built for kings and their servants. Most of the population sees their existence as insignificant working on the terraces. Each king has produced more and more money to fund ever greater tombs. These people have left behind something that will stand the test of time so whether they are conquered everyone will always know at one time they lived there.

The barbaric people of Canidae as most people who have seen them have considered them when they really only share a close relation to dogs. During the winter months in the valleys of the mountains these people rely on them for transportation. Much of the population has a close connection to the dogs even taking them to war with them. These people have a strange way of life and their future is yet to be determined.

Important Notes

- Swissempire, I think you do not understand what alpine tundra is by your description (I may be wrong). The areas of the mountains above around 10,000 feet are tundra. Lower areas have weather similar to the other mountains. Caribou do not live in the mountains so maybe you could substitute it with another animal?
-Stats will also be added after the update 1. Everyone knows what they can spend their economy on as it is so it should not be a problem. I just do not have time at the moment as I need to start my homework so forgive me. I was actually planning on canceling this update till the weekend but I found time. If I misread your description just tell me because it is easy to fix. I just did a quick overview of most of the nations.
-Please send me calendars because I would really like to add them.

Forgot Important Reminder
Please compliment on my update so at least know you are there. :)

Orders Due Friday

hehe, wonderful update, Farow, can't wait for the next one :)

Top Bottom