FarowNES02

Well the eagerly anticipated update will come Friday so I can get back on schedule. I am making it a little longer then normal and the Taruq section will be the longest probably near half the update :).

Once again welcome back. There have been some changes to the economy section in the rules in case you did not know.

Okay life is getting in the way again so stats will not come with update.

Expect the update to come late tonight and stats first thing when I wake up.

Farow, don't worry about it. Quality takes time, and those who advocate quantity over quality need to be shot. In the nicest possible way, of course, but still shot.

Party lasted longer then expected. I had to go as it was a good friend of mine. Update will have to wait till tomorrow unless you guys don't want it to make sense.

Hopefully things will get back on schedule after this going back to weekly updates.

Farow, any ETA on the update today?

I am working on it right now. I am not going to give any time expectation for it to be done other that it will be done today.

Not a problem, thanks.

Update 7
3850- 3825 B.C.E.
125 A.F. - 150 A.F. (Anni Frateritatis/Years of Brotherhood)
458- 473 S.E.M (Since Enlightenment of Massla)
0- 25 Liatiguratuguratugli Kilkuaymrurlia (Shining Years) (After this it is abbreviated to LK :))
The Coming of Taruq

Corenwal

The people of Saliden make a remarkable defense in the wake of the Corenwal siege but in the end pestilence becomes their downfall…

We will begin where we left off with the Corenwal attack on the nation of Saliden which the Corenwalans discovered was the source of the piracy plaguing the Great Sea. Cornewal scared the people of Saliden behind their walls by making their army seem larger then what it really was. Saliden hid behind their walls as the entire countryside fell into Corenwal’s armies. Saliden looked like it could hold off the siege for years as they had a well prepared stock of food but the crowded conditions and the poor sanitation of the city led to an outbreak of a disease. The cities conditions rapidly deteriorated to a point that soldiers and civilian were jumping over the walls to escape the stench of death and to somehow survive.

Corenwal seeing this weakness quickly took advantage and charged the walls. A quick battle ensued as Corenwal entered a city where there were dead bodies littering the streets. The Corenwal soldiers soon got sick and ¾’s of the invasion forced died. The city was declared a cursed by the general who fled and abandoned the city and inhabitants to die. As the general told King Festos of the abandonment of city he was furious. He demanded they return and turn it into a colony of Corenwal no matter the price. As the army left the strange pestilence began to spread through the streets of Corenwal and many traders left for other nations unknowingly carrying a disease…

(-5,000 people, -3750 infantry, -735 cavalry)

Fizcat

The Duchy of Fizcat expands peacefully along its peninsula taking all of the Bay of Saliden. They hid south towards Saliden itself but hear horror stories from rumors of a terrible curse that had struck down Corenwal’s army. The terrible disease is rumored not to bring terrible symptoms (See bottom of the update).

Fizcat invests into the mining of the minerals in the nearby mountains for bronze and tin. Many miners are flocking to the area as they are funded by the government and the relative safety of the lands. Many fortunes are made but the effects on the economy are not quite there yet. Perhaps time and further investment will lead to a much larger breakthrough in the economy.

Fizcat also finishes (begins if project???) a castle/palace called Fizcastle which is the home for the Duke of Fizcat. The castle also serves as a fortress in the center of the city of Fizcat. This will serve as the last line of defense for the city in the event that its very existent is threatened.

A small Bhatoism minority begins to pop up in Fizcat due to the heavy trade with Corenwal. The Bhatoists are likely to quickly spread in the lands quickly falling under increasingly influence of Corenwal.

(-100 infantry, -50 cavalry)

Dilhava

The Dilhava Kingdom consolidates its gain from the pervious years of expansion and invests in developing the interior. Dilhava establishes the city of Condra to lead the economic development of the interior. Economic development is still far behind the coastline areas but with the expansion of the infrastructure to accommodate their gains.

Dilhava continues to combat pirate forces but many of them have retreated inland to flee the united front against them. Rumors are said that a pirate base has been established where they plot and build a new fleet which will once again terrorize the seas when the time is right.

A time of building and peace is on the plate for the future of Dilhava but the spreading may hamper their bright future.

Taruq War

T’lur Pa begins to mobilize its forces to counter the threat posed by the Taruq and attempt to form alliances with border barbarians. T’lur Pa’s army is given the order to garrison north of the city of Cascades. These troops fresh from campaigns against the barbarians threatening their borders years ago now prepare to meet a new threat. Both armies led by brilliance will soon be facing off on the battlefield and T’lur Pa will suffer perhaps its worst military defeat since its existence. Although not all is lost despite the defeat as allies come to their aide and a revolt half way across the Taruq’s empire draws resources from their main front.

The Taruq attack the nearby tribes on their and T’lur Pa’s border and of course in response T’lur Pa sends aide. The armies of T’lur Pa meet a small enemy force led by Lord Tanos Tansis himself expecting easy victories as all resistance in his path crumbled. The forces of T’lur Pa shocked Lord Tanos who did not expect resistance of that size. He knew his small force would be no match for the enemy so they withdrew but a terrible accident took place. The lord was old and worn from years of campaigning so a heart attack was not all that unexpected. He died on the battlefield and immediately T’ur Pa takes advantage of this claiming on of their own brave warriors who killed the military genius and they retreated without a leader. The barbarians who pledged to join T’lur Pa if they won a victory over the enemy so they joined them but this was not the end of the war.

Back across the great mountain ranges a new leader was being chosen to lead the hordes of horsemen. The new leader was finally chosen after a year of debate and they decided on the aggressive, brutal Lord Shanos Bantos. He came to the front lines and would lead a horsemen force of 12,000 to strike into T’lur Pa itself and destroy the annoyance of the tribes along their border. Nearly five years after the first confrontation a second battle took place where T’lur Pa amasses a force of 6000 infantry and 800 cavalry along with allied forces mainly infantry numbering around 5,000 infantry and a couple hundred cavalry. T’lur Pa had years to scout out the terrain and make defensive fortifications. T’lur Pa wants to fight on grounds of its own choosing but the enemy leader knows where his horsemen will be useful so he sends ¼ of his army to take on the enemy on the lands of their choosing. For he received information which would usher in a devastating defeat for T’lur Pa. A man in return for protection and payments gave them a route through a mountain pass to attack T’lur pa from the rear.

The city of Cascades was at the end of the mountain pass. The armies of Taruq moved in through the very wide open mountain pass. Cascade of course was alerted of the impending attack and very quickly a militia was raised to fend off the barbarians. The forces of T’lur Pa in the north after easily repulsing the enemy attack and by easily it was a shock they won with the casualties they had. It became apparent the enemy had tricked them and so they advanced back south to save Cascades but is too late. The city is sacked by Taruq who then retreats back from whence they came through the mountain pass. A devastating defeat but T’lur Pa’s main army is still in tact and they have many allies assisting them in these troubled times.

The troubled and displaced people of T’lur Pa turn to a new religion Bhatoism which they have heard stories about from the missionaries from far off Corenwal. Soon a significant minority exists in T’lur P and it is massively growing. The nation of Paltrone is simply absorbed into the nation of T’lur Pa when a successful coup led by the military supports this. No one knows exactly why the military did this but many believe spurred on by rumors they had only one path to glory and riches and that was through T’lur Pa. Despite the setbacks against Taruq T’lur Pa is the most populace nation is the world but many nations are on their tail.

(T’lur Pa: -10,000 people, -3500 infantry, -500 cavalry, -2 economy points to Taruq, -1 trade economy, + merger with Paltrone’s stats) (Taruq: -3500 horsemen, -500 infantry)

The recently new empire in honor of their alliance with T’lur Pa now goes to war with its massive army. They advance southwards along the path of many weak tribes in order to get at the stronger ones on Taruq’s border. The intial attacks go well as most of these stronger barbarians devoted most of their soldiers to the service of Taruq. After months of fighting Kaldurraha’Keeista reaches the border of Taruq slicing the barbaric tribes in half. They know their only hope for survival is to use what troops they have left to help Kaldurraha’Keeista. The tribes turn against Taruq and join Kaldurraha’Keeista as they both push deep into Taruq. Advances stop as the armies begin to get lost in the vastness of Taruq’s mountain territory. Many casualties are taken by ambushes which also aide in the end of the advance.

(-1500 infantry, -500 cavalry)

Kaldurraha’Keeista

Kaldurraha’Keeista begins with attempting to bring a very different people closer together as they work to somehow merge the two languages. Schools are built across the land where they teach students both languages. A hybrid is naturally becoming used with a bit of both languages influencing the other in students. Not much of the population is educated but this small minority may have a bigger influence once they age and spread from their homes.

Diplomats are sent north to offer the tribes protection for 1 (ep) a turn or to officially join the empire. Many of these tribes barely can scrounge up half of that but hearing the horror of the migrating tribes just joins Kaldurraha’Keeista.

Kaldurraha’Keeista begins its first major war just after unification (see above)

Tephen

Tephen finishes a project that stands as one of the great wonders of the world only matched by the bronze trident in Corenwal. The massive coliseum quickly fills as the first slaves are brought into fight for the entertainment of tens of thousands of people. The city of Feim is established in the far east of the kingdom. A massive wall now encircles the nation as generous funding from the government allowed them to accomplish much more then believed. Light raids are launched in response to barbarian attacks continue to take place.

(-100 infantry, -25 cavalry)

Ilion

Fairly quite this term as it moves northwards along vast tracks of lightly inhabited land to develop for agriculture. Progress is moving forward but very slowly.

Terra Trifluentia

Terra Trifluentia’s religion becomes very popular in the neighboring tribes and it only helps since they are dependent on trade with Terra Trifluentia. Many merchants convert to Veneratio Atavorum because of a lower trade

Expansion finally conquers a pocket that has held out against Terra Trifluentia’s expansion bring much under their control. Trade with Maasla Kiesta begins to bring in more trade but much of the current trade already passes through Victoria adding no really large growth to the economy. However the increased trade brings a large Veneratio Atavorum minority to the region. The minority is mainly based in the northern city of Chomli'Onostu where a huge following begins to grow. The young empire is becoming split between its traditional religions which ironically have shifted from its founding areas to the eastern areas as its main base. But Maaslanimism is sort of scattered across the empire unlike Veneratio Atavorum which is concentrated on trading bases.

A few neighboring barbaric tribes join as they are practically part of the nation being dependent economically, politically, religiously and many other reasons. A wall is built in preparation for an attack that never comes.

Empire of the Sky Gods

The Sky Gods great ruler Jahartua Sky-God, “The Transcendent” passes away and goes through the cycle of all his forefathers once went through. Another tomb is constructed in his honor as usual but with lack of plunder to fill it but enough gold is scrounged up to make it a tolerable resting place. The Sky Gods on a mission to ensure this does not happen to their next god plunder pillage a large area of land bring them to the border of Terra Trifluentia.

(+1 culture (investment in tombs), +1 bonus plunder, +1 rural economy, +1 economy center)

Hyoln

Hyoln is perhaps the most peaceful kingdom on the planet after the barbarian invasion of the past. The king has been very careful to start any future wars has limited himself to peaceful expansion. The city of Koraoguradokil is founded near the mountains and quickly becomes an important center in the nation. It imports rare minerals to the nation of Hyoln and molds them into weapons.

A few tribes convert to Dualism and then quickly follow into joining Hyoln.

(+ economic center)

OCC: Taruq took a blow but they are not down let me remind you that. They are facing numerical superior enemy but they are brilliant tacticians and their army is completely made of horsemen.

North King what is the name of that city in the far south again?

Stats will be up in the morning

Any questions will be answered soon

Lightfang you are not boring you are just playing your part. In case you did not take my last comment as a joke then I apologize :) Hard to tell on the internet.

A fun update

Quality declined a little towards the end there sorry about that

You may now post

I had one more OCC question but cannot come up with it at the moment. I will think about it. Someone will probably bring it up soon.

OOC: Any particular reason you fortified our border, Jal?

I believe I didn't get a name for the city. Let's call it Kuzti.

Well I made his foritifications a little longer then he intended. Generous funding for walls just like Luckymoose.

what happened to the money i put into building new cities?

That was my last question it has come to me :). You were not specfic where you wanted to place your cities but I have the names in the stats.

if you could just keep those in mind, and just i will tell you where to put them next turn, so could u consider the money for them banked in some way

So what is the currrent state of Turaq war? Remission or ongoing?

Actually I placed one of your cities on that small island in that circular bay east of Karankoff.

Will do with the other though

@Farow: Hah, don't worry, I knew it was a joke. =P People tell me I need to take life more seriously because I always have some sort of sardonic half-grin on my face...But anyways I like my part! But don't worry. The story I never got around to writing and probably will write tomorrow after I finish writing my essay for English will bring a new generation of people up...people raised in peace but eager for more..=P
--

Interesting(?) Fact: Koraoguradokil means "City" in Cumulan. Yes, I was that lazy.

Interesting(?) Fact 2: Hyoln actually doesn't mean anything in Cumulan.

Top Bottom