Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Notices

Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization (Public) Development forum for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.

Old Oct 28, 2006, 07:25 PM   #1
McA123
Prince

Spanish Conquistadors

So, a while ago the Spaniards were given the ability to carry their precious conquistadors that they rarely have in caravels. It didn't make any real difference, since they almost never have any iron. However, plahing as Russia, Spain decided to declare war, and they had iron through some twist of fate. So, for the first time I've ever seen, the Spaniards are using their ability to transport conquistadors via caravels. Not to the New World though, oh, no no no. To St. Petersburg. Also, along with the conquistadors are a few cannon and some muskateers, and the only nearby ships belonging to them are caravels.

I'd take a screenshot, except, I don't know how. So if someone could inform me of how, I would go ahead and do that. In the meantime, I'll keep a save of that turn.

So, I'm extremely pissed that the Spanish, who are quite a distance away are sending troops against me, when they can't seem to get off of their lazy asses and send a few troops to the New World.
McA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:44 PM   #2
Elhoim
ITS Lead Artist

Try the printscreen key.

I don´t remember if taking ScreenShots has to be activated through ini, tough.

Tired of big frigates and small destroyers? Better Ship Scale - New Update! Basic Version for BTS! - More than 3500 downloads! Try it now!
Elhoim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 03:16 AM   #3
Surtur
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by McA123
So, a while ago the Spaniards were given the ability to carry their precious conquistadors that they rarely have in caravels. It didn't make any real difference, since they almost never have any iron. However, plahing as Russia, Spain decided to declare war, and they had iron through some twist of fate. So, for the first time I've ever seen, the Spaniards are using their ability to transport conquistadors via caravels. Not to the New World though, oh, no no no. To St. Petersburg. Also, along with the conquistadors are a few cannon and some muskateers, and the only nearby ships belonging to them are caravels.

I'd take a screenshot, except, I don't know how. So if someone could inform me of how, I would go ahead and do that. In the meantime, I'll keep a save of that turn.

So, I'm extremely pissed that the Spanish, who are quite a distance away are sending troops against me, when they can't seem to get off of their lazy asses and send a few troops to the New World.

Caravels can't transport cannons and musketeers. Maybe they were moved because of cancelled open borders?
Surtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 07:15 AM   #4
McA123
Prince

Maybe. The point I was making was more that the AI is selective in who it won't invade.
McA123 is offline   Reply With Quote