war weariness

karambunai

Chieftain
Does war weariness has a carry-forward effect? I ran a democratic government and had involved in a war. It took me about 20 turns to wipe out the other civ, so that particular war was over, and peace reign. Much later, I was involved in another war. Two turns later my people start becoming unhappy due to war weariness. I thought the effect should begin anew as this was a new war, not a continuation. Someone please explain. :confused:

Don't know if this is the case in your game, but not all wars are equal in terms of war weariness.

It depends on how many units you have in enemy territory, how many they have in yours, and how many battles you have.

Also, under certain conditions you will get war weariness during peacetime. This occurs when a powerful belligerent civ has units in your territory without a RoP (but you're still technically at peace). I suspect it will also occur if one of your neighbours is getting wiped out while you sit back and watch the attacking civ get stronger, and closer.

I think that any time you are at war there is a fixed period look back and war weariness is determined by the ratio of (turns at war) to (turns looked back). That is, say for example that the look back is 20 turns and you ended a long war 15 turns ago. If you now go to war you are starting at (20-15)/20 = 25% turns at war and would remain there until you have gone 6 turns and reach 6/20 turns at war. :crazyeye:

I think if you use the diplomatic screen to declare war under democraty is much better than doing a sneak attack, if the a.i insult you, you say i have enough of your insult and declare war. I had no problem with war weariness.

Top Bottom