19 Unused Trait Combinations

kniteowl

Pirate Captain :P
The Following unused Traits Combinations are in Alphabetical order:
*= Trait combinations originally available in vanilla Civ4.
  1. Aggressive/Charismatic
  2. Aggressive/Organized*
  3. Charismatic/Creative
  4. Charismatic/Industrious
  5. Charismatic/Philosophical
  6. Creative/Expansive*
  7. Creative/Financial*
  8. Creative/Philosophical*
  9. Creative/Protective
  10. Expansive/Financial*
  11. Expansive/Imperialistic
  12. Financial/Organized*
  13. Imperialistic/Industrious
  14. Imperialistic/Philosophical
  15. Imperialistic/Protective
  16. Imperialistic/Spiritual
  17. Industrious/Philosophical
  18. Organized/Protective
  19. Philosophical/Protective

Basically I just want to hear People Opinions and Ideas.

Which civilizations and leaders should have those following traits in the next expansion pack?

Which current leaders should switch traits to better suit new leaders entering the game or better suit their own characteristics, achievements, etc...

How should we utilise the forbidden trait combinations (Agg/Cha & Phi/Ind)?

Should assign those those trait combinations to leaders with a weak UU & UB and disadvantaged Starting techs to balance them out?

OR should we only add them so that only the AI could use them so the human Player cannot exploit these traits so they won't unbalance the game.

Any other Questions, Ideas and Opinions are welcomed.

Some leader in the Alexander scenario is Aggresively Charismatic.

wioneo said:
Some leader in the Alexander scenario is Aggresively Charismatic.

LOL yeah I think there's a Agg/Cha Leader in the Chinese Unification Game too What I meant was for a normal standard game Agg/Cha would be the ultimate Warmonger Trait Combination. I'm just assuming that it's taboo, you'd have powerful meelee and gunpowder units all game long. I guess the trait combination would be become quite useless if you ended up isolated alone on your own continenet or you end up having no metal resources in the early game to build meelee units which are more or less quite rare circumstances.

I think FIN/ORG was removed for saving too much money and should probably be a "forbidden combo" as well. With the improved Creative, PHI/CRE and FIN/CRE both provide a huge early game benefit for any victory condition.

I remember the Frederick thread and it's been argued that PHI/CRE fits him to a tee, so I bet they did consider that combo to be too good.

Well Firaxis usually knows what they're doing, so I trust them to balance stuff out for the next patch or expansion.

Robo Kai said:
I think FIN/ORG was removed for saving too much money and should probably be a "forbidden combo" as well. With the improved Creative, PHI/CRE and FIN/CRE both provide a huge early game benefit for any victory condition.

I remember the Frederick thread and it's been argued that PHI/CRE fits him to a tee, so I bet they did consider that combo to be too good.

Well Firaxis usually knows what they're doing, so I trust them to balance stuff out for the next patch or expansion.

Yeah Some trait combinations are more synergetic then others if some people really don't want the game to be unbalance they should have taboo traits combination option in either custome games and or "play now" for more fexiblity.

In custom games it'd be like

Taboo Trait combinations (Off/On/AI Only)

I wanted to try for a cultural win with a Phi/Pro leader. Discovered that there wasn't one. It doesn't seem to me that this is a high-powered combination that should be forbidden.

kniteowl said:
LOL yeah I think there's a Agg/Cha Leader in the Chinese Unification Game too What I meant was for a normal standard game Agg/Cha would be the ultimate Warmonger Trait Combination. I'm just assuming that it's taboo, you'd have powerful meelee and gunpowder units all game long. I guess the trait combination would be become quite useless if you ended up isolated alone on your own continenet or you end up having no metal resources in the early game to build meelee units which are more or less quite rare circumstances.

You could always pick Monty--his UU is/was weak, so it might balance out in the long run.

EDIT: I'm also waiting for new leaders...I don't think they will add more traits in the next expansion pack, but rather use a lot of these unused combos up. There was another thread about this awhile back...

I miss Aggressive/Organized. Liked the old Tokugawa better...
It could be a good Combination for a third German leader: Wilhelm II.
And Alexander should be Imperialistic/Philosophical.

Aggressive/Charismatic
Aggressive/Organized

these most be hitlers traits
(dont start an arguement)

Quagga said:
I suggest Charles de Gaulle for Agg/Cha.

I see him more as Cha/Crea

kristopherb said:

That's why I suggested the crazy emperor.
He started a worldwar but is less controversial.

kristopherb said:
Aggressive/Charismatic
Aggressive/Organized

these most be hitlers traits

I believe there are a host of other leaders out there that could have these traits bestowed upon them accurately that have proven to be better leaders than the person you mentioned.

John F Kennedy would be one such person.

He did get the American ball rolling in Vietnam, and he was certainly charismatic (too bad Marilyn is no longer around to confirm this--I believe she would assert he was both.) In addition, he did not leave his nation in ruins upon his untimely demise. Even Harry S Truman (another Yank) could be given these traits with some accuracy.

To the OP: Very good thread. And with the weekend ahead of me to ponder these combos, I will have something to offer upon my return in several days.

Imperialistic/Philosophical: I think it would be perfect for Charlemagne, but alas some people think he should be German and some think he should be French, so we won't see him in the game.
Richard the Lionhearted ? England already has three leaders, so he's out...
...maybe an Arab or Ottoman leader ?
Ali ibn Abi Talib ?
Suleiman the Magnificent ?

Expansive/Financial: Hanno the Great ? Frankly he should replace Hannibal who wasn't a ruler anyway. But maybe this combination is overpowered for Carthage, because Expansive doubles production speed for the Cothon.

Just some thoughts.

GoodSarmatian said:
Expansive/Financial: Hanno the Great ? Frankly he should replace Hannibal who wasn't a ruler anyway. But maybe this combination is overpowered for Carthage, because Expansive doubles production speed for the Cothon.

Just some thoughts.

Hannibal did actually esseintaly rule Carthage for a period of time after the second punic war. He really got the carthaginian economy on its feet thus jutifying the financial trait.
And in any case Hannibal is much more famous than Hanno, heck Hannibal is more famous than the civilization he represents.

Some ideas...

Aggressive/Organized* = Meiji (Japan)
Creative/Philosophical* = al Rashid (Arabia)
Expansive/Imperialistic = Wu Di (China)
Imperialistic/Industrious = Suleyman (Ottoman)
Imperialistic/Philosophical = Akbar (India)
Imperialistic/Spiritual = Abu Bakr (Arabia)

Top Bottom