Is there any way to get an ISO of Disk 2?

megmeyer

Chieftain
I have my original Disk 1, but have lost my disk 2. I got a new computer, and now I cannot install my favorite game. Can anyone make me an ISO of disk 2? It's not really illegal, since I don't think that one has any copy protection on it, and I have my disk 1, so I have purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Meg

Hi there, if you contact 2kgames' support e-mail, they have a procedure for getting you, or getting you in touch with, another CD set.

You will need your proof of purchase, or the 'proof of purchase' from the box, or perhaps both.

Hi there, if you contact 2kgames' support e-mail, they have a procedure for getting you, or getting you in touch with, another CD set.

You will need your proof of purchase, or the 'proof of purchase' from the box, or perhaps both.

Well, it was a great idea. I just got off the phone (when it became more critical, since I am getting a new pc today) with 2kgames tech support, and the response was there is no way for me to replace a lost cd. :mad: Only to get a damaged one replaced. Even though I can send them the important one, their 'customer support' said no. If they don't get pieces of both cds, they can't get me another set. [pissed]

So, with that being said, anyone feel like trying to make me an ISO of disk 2 to see if it will work? There should be no reason it won't.

I plan on sending a nasty gram to the 'customer support' people. I told them I expected to pay something for it, but he still said no.

Thanks in advance.

And feel free to contact me either via pm or off-line (megmeyer@yahoo.com).

Meg

So, with that being said, anyone feel like trying to make me an ISO of disk 2 to see if it will work?
Transfer of game files like this is considered piracy at this site and against forum rules. ;)

I'm not sure what state you live in, but even here in Colorado which has very business-friendly laws it's required... by law... that software be replaced if you can present proof of purchase.

That (those) laws may be federal, and they were enacted back in the days of 8-tracks to provide customer service for munched, melted, lost or otherwise destroyed mag-tapes.

At any rate, I called 2k up (toll free would be nice...) and shook the law at them and they complied.

They need a cashiers' check or money order to be mailed to a certian destination, (I think the amount was $1.50) and you need to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery.

I'll be happy to provide you with reference info. Contact me directly.

I'm not sure what state you live in, but even here in Colorado which has very business-friendly laws it's required... by law... that software be replaced if you can present proof of purchase.

That (those) laws may be federal, and they were enacted back in the days of 8-tracks to provide customer service for munched, melted, lost or otherwise destroyed mag-tapes.

At any rate, I called 2k up (toll free would be nice...) and shook the law at them and they complied.

They need a cashiers' check or money order to be mailed to a certian destination, (I think the amount was $1.50) and you need to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery.

I'll be happy to provide you with reference info. Contact me directly.

Thanks for the info. I will try it again, and see what they say.

Meg

WOW.

My brother had his car broken into in Chicago and lost passport, laptop bag, ipod etc.

I emailed 2K and told them, no reply yet. I want to get him another set again, I still have mine.

I will use that Colorado law if it would help.

Any tips for stolen property if you can show police report and insuranec claim, there has to be something.

If it's included in the insurance claim, it would techncially be illegal to seek remedy above and beyond said claim.

I've gotten a few e-mails so far as to the inconsistent and annoying levels of support from 2k /and/ firaxis... Good luck.

Top Bottom