EU2-SG: The Vile Venetians

Hitti-Litti

Deity
So, here is a Europa Universalis 2 succession game. And the details of game are here:

Version: The newest, 1.61 I think.
Mod: AGCEEP
Leader: Pasquale Malipiero
Religion: Catholic
Cultures: Italian, Greek
Land Level: 2?3?(Late Medieval)
Naval Level: 3(Late Medieval)
Year: 1464
Provinces: Veneto, Istria, Dalmatia, Ragusa, Corfu, Ionia, Crete, Thrace, Apulia
Allies: Styria, Strassburg, Wirtemberg and Palatinate
Vassals:
Wars:

I will be updating the list when the game goes further.

_________

The player-list(I reserved places for the guys that have promised to join in the Lurid Livonians-thread):

1: Hitti-Litti
2: Kan' Sharuminar
3: Chuckhi Husky
4: Till
5: Stormbringer
6: Olav
_________

I'm in. Nice choice of nation; I have never played Venice before, so I don't know what to expect. I've never participated in a SG before, but I guess the "rules" are simple :).

What difficulty have you planned to use? If you haven't started the game yet, I would suggest playing at normal (or perhaps easier). Have you decided on how many years each round should be?

I'm in, as long as we are using the latest version of AGCEEP, 1.51. I think each round should last as long as the ruler lives, and as soon as that changes we save and post here.

Olav@ Dunno, maybe not the default of mine(very hard, coward). I accept suggestions. :)

Stormbringer@ Of course the last version of AGCEEP, I meant the version of the game itself.

Edit: Stormbringer's idea of changing after monarch would be good, but the length of reigns have a big scale. If we play 10 years per player, then players would play the same amount of years.

I'm in, but i better warn you:

a) Succession games just keep piling up for me right now, so i won't manage more than one turnset/week.

b) I never played any nation besides Granada. Hopefully, i'll stay ahead of my reflexes, but don't be too surprised, if we suddenly find ourselves at war with Aragon, Castille and Portugal...! ;)

As for the length of the turnsets, i would propose to keep it flexible. A lot of wars can happen during the lifetime of a monarch, which can alter the course of the game significantly.
I would propose each player plays no more than one war (unless the war is a cold one). Besides keeping the writeup at a manageable length, it will also reduce the time one has to spend to familiarize oneself with the current situation, after it's ones turn.

Thanks, CH!

I don't think you're that bad, and if you are, every SG needs a noob player! :lol:

So, what difficulty will we use? I propose normal/hard and coward/weakling. With that difficulty and low aggressiveness we won't see any "Mahra declared war on you! Prepare for battle..." messages. Unless we invade to Arabia. :crazyeye:

I vote for normal. On the harder difficulties BB points decrease so slowly - warfare is not always the best option. On normal this problem isn't so big, so we can wage war more often. After all, war is the funniest part in EU2 :). As for AI aggressivity, I'm unsure. Normal and coward seems like good options.

How about the length of rounds? Even if playing for as long as one monarch is alive, I agree with Till that the rounds could be a bit too long. Keeping it flexible is a good alternative, so we finish the turnsets after a war. Another option could be to divide the 400 years into turnsets of 10 years. This will give us 8 turns each (if we are 5 players).

I agree on normal difficulty. Having to wait for your BB rating to cool off is annoying by itself, but if the BB points were gathered by another player, i imagine it to be quite irritating.

As for the the aggressiveness level, i would propose normal, but i must admit i never tried any other setting. If "weakling/coward" means that the AI will wait for us to attack them, then i would find that rather boring, i fear.

From my (limited to one nation) experience, a helluva lot happens during 10 years, at least in the beginning. I suspect things slow down later, but early turnsets might require several hours of playtime. That's a little too much for my taste; i'd rather keep turnsets short, which would also leave more room for discussion about the best course of action.

Edit: Stormbringer's idea of changing after monarch would be good, but the length of reigns have a big scale. If we play 10 years per player, then players would play the same amount of years.

Ah, I didn't see this before now.

As Till mentioned, 10 years could also be a bit too much. Should we try with 5 years to begin with, and see how things turn out? I guess we could be flexible with this - if there is nothing happening during the 5 years in the turn, it could be increased to 10 years or something.

How long should we wait for the 6th player? Or should we settle for 5?

We can try at the start with 5 years, but I think that if there's an ongoing war, that's just going to end, we can play over 5 years.

I have much time next week, so I'll start tomorrow. The sixth player can join if he wants during the game, it won't mix things too much.

I'll advertise this in Paradox Interactive thread. :)

If you haven't started yet, HL, could you post a pic with the domestic policies?

I'll post in the post of the first turn. ;)

Which starts now(Should I put the pics as thumbnails or not?).

The game begins at 1419. We are at war with Hungary, and Dalmatia is occupied as you see in one of the pics. I also show you our whole empire, leader and other big things, domestic policies and the diplomatic status.

We know that Hungary is weak. Though they managed to make my army to retreat to Veneto, they still offered a peace deal at October 1st 1419. I accepted, as they had a bigger army and they offered 40 ducats and Istria!

Later on, peasants started to demand more rights. I accepted, as it lowered Serfdom(Serfdom=weak but much troops). But it lowered our stability with 2. :(

Merchants were sent, and rebellion of Istria was put down with our military leader Tomas Savorgnan.

We got a historical event, called a Pretender to the Ottoman Throne. It gives us a Casus Belli against Otto for two years. I forgot to take a pic of the event. :lol: I won't declare war yet, but the next player will still have a CB against them for few months. They have two armies of 11,000 men, I checked it with our humongous, 40 ships containing navy. Long live Admiral Pietro Loredan!

At October 22nd 1422, Thomas Savorgnan died. :(
He died of plague that he catched while visiting Kaffa, where he got Theodoros to join our military alliance with Tuscany.

March 2nd 1423, Tommaso Mocenigo summoned his advisors to help. They decided to start and aggressive foreign policy, which weakened our relations with our neighbors, but gave us better land troops.

Soon Tommaso died, and Fransesco Foscari rose to power.

That was my first turn.

CH's turn!

I will send it by e-mail, as CFC uploading system didn't work.

CH, PM me your e-mail address or MSN Messenger address, so I can post it to you. :)

CH: Here is the latest version of AGCEEP, and here is the latest EU2 patch. :) Good luck with your turn!

HL: Did you play for 5 years, or did you quit when the monarch died? Anyway, nice getting Dalmatia from Hungary! Do you have any plans for where further expansion could take place?

Looks like you made good progress! :)
Instead of emailing the safe, we could attach it to the posts as zip archives. Or we could use another site to upload it, such as here.

Olav@ I played for five years, years ended just a little bit after Mocenigo's death.

Till@ Do we need to upload both save files, .eug and .eug.cfg? I'm not sure...

The problem is that .eug.cfg file uploads in seconds, but the .eug file's uploading has failed. :(

Where you can compress files to .zips or .rars? WinRAR has only a possibility of "compress and e-mail."

But hey, I think everyone here has a MSN Messenger account? I'll use that, so no prob with compressing and uploading!

I added CH's MSN to my list, I'll send it when he's logged in it.

Top Bottom