(April Fools) Junction ahead

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
Unfortunately, due to recent developments that I can't discuss, the CFC site will shortly be moving in a direction that I don't agree with. After much consideration, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot in good conscience remain part of the staff while feeling that it's going in the wrong direction. In every journey there are junctions with new chances and opportunities, but they also mean seperations and departures. The junction that is ahead is my exit turn.

I am posting this with sadness in my heart and fond memories of you all in my mind. I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope that one day soon our paths cross again.

Regards,
Rik Meleet
Forum Moderator of the Democracy games. (for now)

what???? that's really sad :(

It was great to have you around...and people will miss you for sure

ps. please don't tell me take2 is taking over this site :vomit:

:confused: Um, wow. I hope we will still see you at the "new CFC" even if you choose not to be on staff. I also hope the changes don't scare too many others away. :sad: Thanks for all the work you have done :thanx:.

:sad: I hope you'll keep posting here and watching this game develop though.

As you only live 30 minutes by car away from me, we maybe cross each others path in real live without even noticing each other :D

I wish you all the very best for your future!!! :wavey:

:sad: I'm scared already. :shifty:

I think I speak for more than myself when I say that even though the game "Civ 3" is a great game, the Civfanatics makes it at least 10 times better and the GOTM, HoF, and MTDG make even 10 times better on top of that, (that's 100x) and people like Rik are the ones that make these improvments possible. :salute: Thanks for everything, I'm hoping for the best.

:cry: well miss you. I'm so confused. I feel like I was just told that the sky will be changing to a putrid green a week from Tuesday. I might start wandering around and mumbling about the spaghetti monster and how the god of the MTDG's has left us. :sniff:

Remember what happened exactly 1 year ago? KÍSS invaded TNT, and that was no joke :lol:

OK, that was below the belt.

:lol: no, that's a great inside joke.

@Rik: I still don't believe the whole Civ Junction thing is real, but if it is, thanks for your doing an amazing job for this site and especially the MTDGs. CFC will miss you.

Remember what happened exactly 1 year ago? KÍSS invaded TNT, and that was no joke :lol:

And MIA resigned on the same day, but even I am starting to get worried a bit that it might actually be true. :cry: But I still think it is an April Fools joke

I'd bet money that it's a joke. Some people are up in arms in the GOTM forum because of a proposed submission fee. :lol:

The Civjunction.com site was much better than Google's fake site, I thought.
I just wonder when they'll pull that site down :hmm:

EDIT: Oh - very clever yanking this thread a couple days beforehand to lay the groundwork ;)
Hat's off to Rik and everyone else involved :hatsoff:

Top Bottom